test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In Honor of Tyranny of Dragons!

ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Art and Fiction
So I came back to Neverwinter and Love what you guys have done with the Game!!

So I wanted to share with you (Developers and Community Managers) and the community players some Art I made a while back, for a friend of mine and his D&D Story about Dragons, feel free to use them in yours, all of you Dungeons Masters out there. Enjoy!

Harrowing Dragon (Uses: Hellfire):

QvWKjtj.jpg

Azure Dragon (Uses: Spell Plague Fire):

26UWIWv.jpg

Gaia Dragon (Uses: Force/Kinetic/Gravity Fire)

MfJlEwv.jpg

Hollowed Dragon (Uses: Radiant/Prismatic Fire)

P6YQYzx.jpg
Post edited by ngeluz on

Comments

• ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Foulspawn Dragonborn (Servants):

5evpOdN.jpg

Dragon Lord: Xa'oz (Banished to the Far Realm: His an Evil Demon God that thrive in the Far Realm as he twisted in to something almost alien to reality during his banishment, and is the one who empowered creating this New Dragons Breeds and their Foulspawn Dragonborn to control all realms, beneath this shinning, that looks like liquid oily metal that changes color as light twist and fragments on its surface, imposing beautiful appearance, hides a truly fearful beast, it's head looking like a Mindflyer mouth full of tentacles ending with what looks like many heads of a hydra with all types of dragons twisted by the Far Ream hiding a horrible disproportionate mouth filled with jagged teeth, so horrifying that its said that it twist reality... His, Final Boss in my Friends Campaign [We only won because we where Help by Bahamut directly and Tiamat help indirectly...they guided us to weaken him by defeating this New Dragons Mutations as our DM call it, that where the direct link to Xa'oz and our Reality, even so there where heavy casualties...] )
    adeeIft.jpg

End of Campaign Lore SHOCK reveled by our DM:

Its revealed that his true name was Vorel "The Beutiful" Forgotten Eldest Son of Io, elder brother of both Bahamut and Tiamat.
    Since Tiamat's enmity with Bahamut dates back to their creation, when Io made them; they were made with the intention of becoming complements and mates, but their personalities were too much at odds. Tiamat murdered Vorel, her eldest brother, and tried to frame Bahamut for the deed. Io realized who was truly to blame, though, and banished Tiamat from his presence. But the Elder Evils saw potential in Io Eldest Son and breath him new life with hatred and jealousy of all existing Dragons and their piety wars that brought his previous demise... it is said that his is the father of all the non-metallic and chromatic dragons... only Io, Bahamut or Tiamat being the most fearful of what may the truth reveal, may know, so who can really say... only thing clear is that his rise would have brought great peril to the realms and all Dragon kind since he being the Eldest of Io son and empowered by the Twisted power of the Far Realm clearly would had made him stronger than the 2 combine...if his influence would have spread and fully summon to our reality. The only one who truly fears his coming if ever again would be Tiamat her self...Xa'oz has a very twisted seeded hatred for her and her children...

EDIT: Ask my friend if I could post the Campaign story in these Forums, it was so good it need to be shared with this community, specially since we are in such an awesome campaign in Neverwinter that reminded me of his!
    Keep up the great work guys (Developers and Community Managers) and thank you for all the help all of you Dungeon Masters and Veteran Players! :o
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    These are really cool and I enjoyed the lore and details that inspired them or were inspired by their lore. I really like the detailing on the Hollowed Dragon and Xa'oz. Pretty cool twist too!

Unfortunately, right now these aren't create-able in their depiction or description in the Foundry. The only dragons we have to work with are a few colors of some baby dragon wyrmlings and then it's just cosmetic. The last two, Foulspawn and Xa'oz you might be able to get some likeness there-of by using some existing models, but they would still stick out as creatures that we see everyday.
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    These are really cool and I enjoyed the lore and details that inspired them or were inspired by their lore. I really like the detailing on the Hollowed Dragon and Xa'oz. Pretty cool twist too!

Unfortunately, right now these aren't create-able in their depiction or description in the Foundry. The only dragons we have to work with are a few colors of some baby dragon wyrmlings and then it's just cosmetic. The last two, Foulspawn and Xa'oz you might be able to get some likeness there-of by using some existing models, but they would still stick out as creatures that we see everyday.

Wow thank you, glad you like it! Its was an awesome campaign, but really hard and we die a lot, had to re-roll a few times which make the story really awesome, as the death of our previous character help a lot for our newer ones, it was very realistic as we found their journals entries etc...I diffidently know who my Star Warlock is going to make a pact with in the next game! I really am surprise that the authors of D&D haven't mention Vorel anymore or done nothing with that character... it really has potential for great story Campaign...

Its a shame the foundry dose not have all the Tools in order to re-create this campaign...but no matter ill be patient and wait until it does...THIS STORY MUST BE TOLD! ;)

Thank you again for your support, it means a lot to me! :D
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Awesome drawings! I wish there was more art of Neverwinter, I guess too many people only care about what class is OP and not on other stuff.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Awesome drawings! I wish there was more art of Neverwinter, I guess too many people only care about what class is OP and not on other stuff.

Thank you for your support, I like your avatar drawing a lot too! :3

Actually your right I have notice there are almost no Drawings in Neverwinter... its soo true thought, people are more concern about the OP of class... I really hope they don't tamper the Warlock that much if they do I wish it be to expand its options with his Pacts (Fey, Shadows, Demons, Stars, etc) or at least to give us a Transformation to a full Devil/Monster thingy, like we had in Neverwinter Nights... oppps sidetrack there again...

Anyway hope others get encourage and bring their art to this place! Thank you again! :o
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Here is my drawing of Daxx Dae'Vesh (a.k.a. High Priestess Matron Mother Myradaxx Faerl Menzoberra who changed her surname to Dae'Vesh when she started bearing children, to distance herself from her ties to Menzoberranzan) and here's my NWO-adopted lore on her. It was drawn back in '98. She's actually an NPC in my 20+ year FR PnP Campaign, as most all my Neverwinter characters are.

mychars_daxx001.jpg

...and here she is in game:

nwo_daxx004.jpgnwo_daxx005.jpg
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ngeluz: Thanks! I did the drawing myself too. And I like the idea of bringing more art to this forum/game. :)

Zebular: She got quite a tan in game ;)
    I like her design
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited September 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Zebular: She got quite a tan in game ;)
    I like her design

Thanks. I like your avatar/sig too. That's how I was learning to draw decades ago, comic-style, then my hands started to take a turn for the worse. I'm horrible at shading. I wanted my drawing to look like her obsidian black skin was shining a dark silver hue in the moonlight. Her skin is naturally pitch-black but because of her origin, her skin magically reflects moonlight as though her skin was a dark silver color.
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Here is my drawing of Daxx Dae'Vesh (a.k.a. High Priestess Matron Mother Myradaxx Faerl Menzoberra who changed her surname to Dae'Vesh when she started bearing children, to distance herself from her ties to Menzoberranzan) and here's my NWO-adopted lore on her. It was drawn back in '98. She's actually an NPC in my 20+ year FR PnP Campaign, as most all my Neverwinter characters are.

mychars_daxx001.jpg

...and here she is in game:

nwo_daxx004.jpgnwo_daxx005.jpg

Oh, wow Zeb that's a really cool drawing and also very deep consent!!! I can see you must be a D&D player or at least a DM!