test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140820a.5

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: This power now has a maximum range of 150' and requires line of sight to affect an ally.
  • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: While this power is toggled on and the Guardian Fighter loses targeting of all allies, the visual effect now pulses to warn the player that no allies are affected.

Content and Environment
  • Sharandar: To the Farthest Forest: This quest instance no longer contains skill nodes.
  • Lair of Lostmauth: The fireball hazards in this dungeon no longer affect companions.

Enemies
  • Lostmauth no longer appears to despawn when reaching 50% health.

--- Update: NW.25.20140820a.6 ---

No player-facing changes are in this update; any changes are on the backend.

--- Update: NW.25.20140820a.7 ---

No player-facing changes are in this update; any changes are on the backend.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "requires line of sight to affect an ally"
    So does this mean they have to be on our screen cause if so this will kinda kill the power for me.
    A little detail on this would be nice.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Line of sight means that it can target whatever allies your character can see within range ,if they are in range but behind a wall or something they are outside of line of sight.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well thats good,because if they had to be on my screen i wouldnt know what to do,thx fir the clear-up,and is a good fix for PvP problems,while making it good for PvE.
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    terramak wrote: »
    Content and Environment
    • Sharandar: To the Farthest Forest: This quest instance no longer contains skill nodes.

Thank you.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited August 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: This power now has a maximum range of 150' and requires line of sight to affect an ally.
    • Guardian Fighter: Knight's Valor: While this power is toggled on and the Guardian Fighter loses targeting of all allies, the visual effect now pulses to warn the player that no allies are affected.
    while fixing this did you also fix the problems:
    1. that many stuns with root cancel Knight's Valor:
    Dragon AoE stun, whitedragon freeze of the Spinning Strike, Giants front pull AoE, Golems AoE Stun and probably some more

2. when 2+ GFs use Knight's Valor they reflect the dmg between each other multiple times.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shiikuu wrote: »
    while fixing this did you also fix the problems:
    1. that many stuns with root cancel Knight's Valor:
    Dragon AoE stun, whitedragon freeze of the Spinning Strike, Giants front pull AoE, Golems AoE Stun and probably some more.

ANY control effect, be it stun, daze or w/e will put KV into CD. Its a fair thing, IMO. Thats why u have to have ur guard up.

On topic, when well have a fix about Ray of Frost going thru GFs guard? Oh wait, I know the answer already...
    Could at least fix CWs Storm Spell multiproc, rather than see the community raging all over the boards. :/
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ychiaki wrote: »
    Thank you.

Dumb question, but why was this needed? Were people or bots farming this area?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bio, Im pretty sure that any location with a node near the entrance has a huge potential for farming. In the Arcane Reservoir was the same thing: once u got in, there was a node not too far from the starting point. It was really ridiculous, to the point one could see DOZENS os bots going in and out, several times. Later it was moved far deep into the dungeon, past several mods, to make it dificult to reach. Personally, I didnt knew/recall that there were nodes in the said area (To the Farthest Forest). Its a good thing to see Cryptic activelly fighting back, GJ. :)
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Classes and Balance

Fix pigs being Bind on Equip actually please... It says BoE but its BoP...

Content and Environment
    • Lair of Lostmauth: The fireball hazards in this dungeon no longer affect companions.

Enemies

Fix summer fest pigs being Bind on Equip actually please... It says BoE but its BoP...
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?742231-Pig-Mount-Tooltip-Shows-as-BoE-Actually-its-BoP-Buyer-Beware
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Dumb question, but why was this needed? Were people or bots farming this area?

Yes bots were farming it , some guy used to come on the forum every now and again and spam videos from you tube showing the problem but I don't think he could type English because he rarely typed anything but it was obvious what he was trying to point out.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    that s what I m trying to say, cerberobot... the game should first work and then look pretty ;) if u didn t got my post, then read it again and read the hole thing written in red on top so quote the guy who shouts like hell about the gwfs swords pirceing their legs. And I m being ironic about the fact.

I didn t wanted to say that GFs or CWs or HRs are more important then GWFs.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    aiulian wrote: »
    that s what I m trying to say, cerberobot... the game should first work and then look pretty ;) if u didn t got my post, then read it again and read the hole thing written in red on top so quote the guy who shouts like hell about the gwfs swords pirceing their legs. And I m being ironic about the fact.

I didn t wanted to say that GFs or CWs or HRs are more important then GWFs.

I wasn't blaming you at all, I was saying the most importants bugs for GWFs.

Anyway, I don't know how they're could be that much bugs in the primar stats (Power, AP etc).
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    please fix these on this week's patch:
    1. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?730011-Furious-Immolation (very important)
    2. dragon hoard coins stack to 1000/10000 / ability to discard old or unwanted currency (with warning window of course)
    3. mounts and items of summer event are BoP instead of BoE. also the vendor is missing 1 of the TR's transmutes. please add it.
    4. Dread Warrior companion doesn't register in collection if you buy it from zen store. (also tried trading to a guildie and getting it back but it doesn't work that way either). please fix the collection entry for this companion.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yokki1 wrote: »
    please fix these on this week's patch:
    1. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?730011-Furious-Immolation (very important)
    2. dragon hoard coins stack to 1000/10000 / ability to discard old or unwanted currency (with warning window of course)
    3. mounts and items of summer event are BoP instead of BoE. also the vendor is missing 1 of the TR's transmutes. please add it.

I think TRs can use the same transmute (cause they have 2 daggers which mostly are a pair if not they act in combat like a pair, so it s the same thing).

The dragon coins -> check the dev tracker page 2-3 (on the very bottom of the page 2 right now)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think TRs can use the same transmute (cause they have 2 daggers which mostly are a pair if not they act in combat like a pair, so it s the same thing).

The dragon coins -> check the dev tracker page 2-3 (on the very bottom of the page 2 right now)

let me rephrase that for you then. the 2nd trowel FOR THE COLLECTION is missing from the vendor.
    also "we will fix it in a future patch" doesn't quite cover it. my currency inventory is full and i can't farm dragons for the belt. and i refuse to pay AD + gold at the campaign vendor for something i have zero use for just to get rid of some coins.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    in the 1st place why we re not able to discard currencies?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yokki1 wrote: »
    let me rephrase that for you then. the 2nd trowel FOR THE COLLECTION is missing from the vendor.
    also "we will fix it in a future patch" doesn't quite cover it. my currency inventory is full and i can't farm dragons for the belt. and i refuse to pay AD + gold at the campaign vendor for something i have zero use for just to get rid of some coins.

I m not getting on this... if u don t like that I have left an answer, then do what u want....
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I m not getting on this... if u don t like that I have left an answer, then do what u want....
    i am not arguing with you. i said that i dont find acceptable the way you can get rid off excess dragon hoard coins now by spending AD and gold just cause the stacks are small or you cant discard currencies.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Classes and Balance

Content and Environment

Enemies

GJ this is agan the proof PVP have huge effect on pve.

Now CN will agan not req GF cuz too many obstacles.
    Any way many other ranged classes powers dailys ignoring walls and obstacles ofc this is not a problem.

Sad sad sad .
    Istead of learn how to counter.
    Devs lisened the nerf qq.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    GJ this is agan the proof PVP have huge effect on pve.

Now CN will agan not req GF cuz too many obstacles.
    Any way many other ranged classes powers dailys ignoring walls and obstacles ofc this is not a problem.

Sad sad sad .
    Istead of learn how to counter.
    Devs lisened the nerf qq.

if u tell me how to counter KV that covers entire map i give u a cookie.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    if u tell me how to counter KV that covers entire map i give u a cookie.

2 CW kill GF in 2 sec oooooor stun GF ooor TR def strike smoke bomb oooorrr roaaaar GWF (roar have 7 sec CD KV recast 8sec)by the way GWF have 2 stuns, even DC can break GF KV also 1 CW freez stun or freez repel.
    The only one how cant is SW.

I dont see a problem here just bad players calling for nerf. Ofc as always they have succes and it have a huge effect on pve .

Now mail my cookie.

Any way i have no problem with 150 range but i have huge problem with LoS cuz KV is usless in dungeons mostly in CN.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    2 CW kill GF in 2 sec oooooor stun GF ooor TR def strike smoke bomb oooorrr roaaaar GWF (roar have 7 sec CD KV recast 8sec)by the way GWF have 2 stuns, even DC can break GF KV also 1 CW freez stun or freez repel.
    The only one how cant is SW.

I dont see a problem here just bad players calling for nerf. Ofc as always they have succes and it have a huge effect on pve .

Now mail my cookie.

Any way i have no problem with 150 range but i have huge problem with LoS cuz KV is usless in dungeons mostly in CN.
    Yes ill tell them to run entire map to kill a gf that ill respawn in next 5 sec with kv ready again
  • Options
    draconianshendraconianshen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so no mention of the glaring refine bug, forcing me to actually restart the game everytime i want to upgrade an enchant or artifact.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yes ill tell them to run entire map to kill a gf that ill respawn in next 5 sec with kv ready again

You dont understand this skill.

The GF must gather all members to enable the kv buff.

IF you kill it ones other members dont have this buff before whine try to understand other classes .
  • Options
    thirdquestionthirdquestion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited September 2014
    Thx devs, nobody care about HR's dot's....u rlly wanna kill this game?
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Thanks to the folks who reported issues in a clear, concise way.

Class balance discussion can be taken to the Gameplay, Combat, and PvP Discussion forum.

If there is a specific bug in how a power or feature works, please state the power name, the problem you have seen, and how you expect it to work (and what that expectation is based on).

Following these guidelines helps us find (and fix) problems faster, which is something we all want. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks to the folks who reported issues in a clear, concise way.

Class balance discussion can be taken to the Gameplay, Combat, and PvP Discussion forum.

If there is a specific bug in how a power or feature works, please state the power name, the problem you have seen, and how you expect it to work (and what that expectation is based on).

Following these guidelines helps us find (and fix) problems faster, which is something we all want. :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?679491-CC-immunity-amp-cc-immunity-ignoring-skills-amp-CC-breaking-free-skills-and-amp-Companions

Here are some bugged skills go to immunity and not working cc immunity skills feats base features.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    battlefury_zps426e0211.jpg

battle fury is not correctly calculating my critical severity (150%).maybe executioner style too, but I can not confirm..

since m3 preview

bff_zpsc1ee1f67.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Fix bugged GWF sprint animation.
    Fix GWF greatsword position on hes back so it doesnt penetrate hes body/legs and feets.
This discussion has been closed.