test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel this poll is getting very skewed results with monk being lumped in with very rare and non-iconic classes,.. like runepriest? and spellscarred?

I voted Paladin, but my first pick would be monk followed by paladin. Most people will not vote for a misclanious category like that as their vote wont really have impact for the class they like, even if that category gets lots of votes.

Monk is a hugely popular D&D class which has been in every edition (yes even 2nd), and deserves its own category.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Whats with all the Bards, people go watch this :

Note the idiot bard in the mid bottom of the shot ( there's a Monk too )
    gdr-poster.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0447166/
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Blame me, but I wanted another Wizard class, just like there's two Fighters.

I just didn't like the way they made the current Wizard.

The warlock is another wizard class.......

I would like to see a fighter class with some few interesting magic abilities :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    The warlock is another wizard class.......

I would like to see a fighter class with some few interesting magic abilities :)

Warlock is not a wizard class, But I agree I really don't see a 'second' version of any class being made at this point until at least one version of all the core iconic classes are done. Wizard has a long wait.
  • krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Paladin.

Personally i'd like to see him being a defender/leader hybrid:

As the others have said he should use plate armour and either 1h mace/shield or 2h mace(leaning towards 2h mace,as having a shield without blocking is kinda meh),he should utilize auras that are activated like holy avenger is(though without a cooldown and with greater effects,possibly stacking ones) with a little bit of control and healing(he shouldnt get an immunity bubble but a daily giving him and nearby allies a lot of DR/AC is ok though).
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i though we will see a druid. should be an explanation, why nature feats were removed from HR. so druid nature spells caster, druid shapeshifter, maybe some druid-bard hybrid --- paragons
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    I'm disappointed to see "barbarian". Really ? So what's the GWF ? A chicken ?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    I'm disappointed to see "barbarian". Really ? So what's the GWF ? A chicken ?

The GWF is still a fighter. Classified as a Martial Defender. A Barbarian is a Primal Striker. They fill different roles and are empowered by different means. They vastly different classes with just a few similarities.
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The GWF is still a fighter. Classified as a Martial Defender. A Barbarian is a Primal Striker. They fill different roles and are empowered by different means. They vastly different classes with just a few similarities.

GWF is a striker ... not a defender, this is why there are "GF and GWF", one tank and one striker. If there were a barbarian, what would be his weapon ? a great weapon, or even an axe/hammer, but GWF already has both of them (axe/hammer appearance), not 2 weapons etc ...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So two classes can't have similar weapons? Someone didn't tell the Ranger that the Rogue already had the lock on short blades. Im sure they can come up with something for barbs and wether or not it looks like already existing items is really kinda meaningless
    edited August 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So two classes can't have similar weapons? Someone didn't tell the Ranger that the Rogue already had the lock on short blades. Im sure they can come up with something for barbs and wether or not it looks like already existing items is really kinda meaningless

Then there is no point to play GWF DPS (his basic spe) if Barbarian is added, because there is already the GF for tanking.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Imho, how our GWF is implemented is questionable from the very beginning. Fighters are disciplined warriors, they don't go into rage and become berserkers like barbarians do. That's a big difference between fighters and barbarians. Although great weapon holding warriors do more damage than shield holding warriors, they should not lose their fundamental traits. Apparently, our GWF does not meet the specification.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    On top of this, a warlord would probably be using spears, as classically generals and officers were associated with polearms, and we don't have any of such a classic type of weapon ingame. Even a Halberd would be nice.

Excuse me, but where do you get the notion that leaders are classically associated with two handed heavy infantry weapons? The further up the leadership foodchain one progresses the smaller and less often used the weapons being carried become.
  • quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to see Monk added as a class, hopefully as a viable main tank option. Presently GFs are the only class players want when they want a tank.
  • tempopktempopk Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Shape shifting druid would be so boss
    - [Tempzy]
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    tempopk wrote: »
    Shape shifting druid would be so boss

yeah I'd like to shapeshift to a CW ^^
  • krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,the druid is catching up -_-.

Not that it has an impact on what the next class'll be,so whatever :P.
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    quoll wrote: »
    I'd like to see Monk added as a class, hopefully as a viable main tank option. Presently GFs are the only class players want when they want a tank.

I've never understood what that class was doing in a fantasy game. Just nuts.
  • dasvadanyadasvadanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just curious if anyone's heard any scuttlebutt about what the new class being released in Mod 5 is going to be? Or if you haven't heard what the class will be, what class/class mechanic would you LIKE to see?

For myself, I've been dying for a paladin class since day one... I think the devs have done a pretty awesome job in differentiating the classes with different mechanics and what not... I think paladins could function similarly to a mix of either GF/DC or GWF/DC... not sure what class mechanic they'd have... since SW has curse maybe paladins could have "Blessing"- When applied to yourself or a friendly target, that target receives "X" amount of your damage as healing, or may activate the blessing for "X" amount of instant healing, consuming the blessing in the process... for a shift mechanic, maybe they could have a self buff to move faster... IE. "Righteous Fervor"- Each application increases your movement speed, control resist, and deflect by "X"... will cancel if stamina drains to zero, or if you take damage totaling more than 50% of your life.

What do you guys think? What class could they bring out that would tempt you away from your current mains for a substantial period of time?
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If they release a new class.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So far it has been one new class every two modules so I wouldn't expect anything new until module six , module five will bring a DC and TR rework and the Warlocks second paragon path. If I had to guess I'd say that the next class will probably be Druid followed by Paladin .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Paladin, Druid and Bard (distant 3rd) were the leaders in the most recent "What Class Do You Want To See Next" poll.
  • dasvadanyadasvadanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mystagogue wrote: »
    Paladin, Druid and Bard (distant 3rd) were the leaders in the most recent "What Class Do You Want To See Next" poll.

I think Druid would also be really cool, I hope if they choose to do that, they differentiate it from WoW druids in some meaningful way... although the same could certainly be said for Paladin. Bard is kinda blah, for me personally...Every game I've ever played that featured a Bard always pigeon-holed them into a pure support class, a concept I'm not overly fond of. I think we may be waiting a while to see that class, as Druid or Paly will likely be next I'd wager.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I feel safe to say they won't release any class on odd modules (1, 3, 5, 7...).
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    I think next class will be some sort of barbarian or dual wield fighting warrior cause thats the symbol of the enxt class on character creation screen
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think we should make someone ask this same question at least once per day.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited August 2014
    encadi wrote: »
    I think next class will be some sort of barbarian or dual wield fighting warrior cause thats the symbol of the enxt class on character creation screen

I doubt that man, there's already 2 fighter classes in the game... I think they'd be disappointing a substantial number of people if they were to make a 3rd without first having some other varieties available
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I feel safe to say they won't release any class on odd modules (1, 3, 5, 7...).

Not that safe. There's only been 2 classes and 4 modules. Not really enough to form a pattern.
This discussion has been closed.