test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should perma stealth really be taken away from the game?

13»

Comments

• demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    you would still get stealth bonus on 1st attack, you just wouldnt be able run around invisible while throwing random stuff at ppl

what good is that during a boss fight that i could have used my stealth bar like 20 times. overall, it brings our damage down even lower than it already is. it's bad enough that we are not the masters of single-target dps anymore.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what good is that during a boss fight that i could have used my stealth bar like 20 times. overall, it brings our damage down even lower than it already is. it's bad enough that we are not the masters of single-target dps anymore.

hopefully theyll fix the damage in mod5, or make it work differently in pvp
    Paladin Master Race
  • gu3stogu3sto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Yes, they're impossible to kill" - false
    "No, they can be countered" - true
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have two TR's, both Halflings. One is a real Thief and the other a Perma-Stealth.

I also have a Halfling HR and a Wood Elf HR.

Permanent Stealth is as ridiculous as Permanent Stun or Permanent Damage Immunity or Regeneration which out-heals incoming damage. It is just not part of any AD&D version I have come across in over 30 years of playing the game.

But TRs should have their base damage cranked back up a bit.

Their base Critical Strike Probability and Severity should be higher than any other class.

There should be no Power guaranteeing a critical hit (that is too much like magick), but they should always score a critical hit if they attack from behind or when Stealthed.

A Stealth attack should break the Stealth (they have lost surprise) and they should never be immune to damage when stealth is broken.

When Stealth is broken, there should be a delay before they can enter Stealth again - how can they disappear from sight in plain view? They should have to tumble away, run, go into Stealth and come back.

I don't know much about 4E, but in all other editions, being in Stealth required Hiding in Shadows AND Moving Silently, and gaining a Surprise attack advantage. But the attack did have bonuses to hit for Surprise, Rear Attack and loss of dodge, deflection and shield bonus as you did not know the attack was coming. And it could do up to Quintuple Normal Damage.

And you had to move at 1/3 normal speed when sneaking. How can they move FASTER when Stealthed, like in NW?

No cool down of ANY Power for any class should EVER be less than the duration of that Power. So work out the cool down for the TR Powers assuming INT 30 and all Rank 10 Silvery Enchants on the best Recovery gear and go from there. The cool down of Astral Shield was increased for DCs, so why this broken mechanic has been in the game so long is a mystery to me.

Their base Dodge, Deflection and Tumble should be much better than any other class, like three times as good as a Ranger. And maybe they should be able to Tumble more frequently, maybe using a portion of Stamina like a Ranger does? I don't see a problem with a Deflection and CC Bonus when Tumbling.

The Ranger should have about 1/3 the TR's effectiveness in these abilities as Rangers have better armour, better weapons and DO have access to some types of magick and spell-like abilities, as well as having effective melee and missile attacks..

Anyway, I could go on, but that's my tuppence.