test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger Class Advocate - Nomination Thread

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in The Wilds
Greetings Hunter Rangers!

We want to hear what you have to say about your class!

If chosen as a class advocate, you'll be responsible for compiling the feedback of your fellow players about your class. Each week, you'll submit feedback in the form of a bullet-point list to me via forum PM. I'll then take that list (and the lists from the other classes) and forward them to our devs.

How do you become a class advocate?

You can start by stating your interest in this thread.

After that, send me a PM answering these questions:

-Why do you want to be a class advocate?
-Why do you like this class?
-How long have you been playing Neverwinter?
-Do you play any other MMOs? (Don't worry, we won't get jealous ) If so, what class do you play?
-Do you play D&D? If so, what class(es) do you like to play?
-In what direction do you want to see this class go?

Once I've selected a candidate, this candidate will remain "in-office" until the next module's launch. For example, the candidate I choose now will remain until Module 5's launch (whenever that may be).

Please remember: Private Message Akromatik with your Answers to his Questions, as well as any Concerns or Questions one may have. Do NOT post nominations or comments about others in this thread. If you have a concern about someone who has nominated them-self, PM Akromatik or any of the Community Team.

This thread is not for general discussions, it is not for bashing, and it is not for PvP Smack Talk.
This is a Nominations thread, not a Voting Thread or Soap Box.

Furthermore, if one cannot follow our Rules of Conduct, they most certainly won't be an Advocate. Think before you post folks and remember our first Rule: Show Respect At All Times!

About the Role of an Advocate:
Advocates won't be chosen to represent their opinions. But instead are to act as intermediaries for the Community as a whole on specific topics and areas, whether or not they agree with such or not. They will have checks and balances to make sure that they are being unbiased in their relay of the Community's Ideas, Opinions, and Suggestions.

Furthermore, Advocates won't be able to "make things happen." Instead, such is more akin to what we Moderators already do, which is relay all the hot topics and serious bugs so that the Developers know to look more deeply into such issues being reported in Bug Reports and on the Forum. The Developers don't just take our word for it, they see our word as a sign that they need to look deeper into the matter.

Alas, Moderators do not have the time to properly dedicate to such as we have other duties. This has been made aware by the sheer number of things we report each week (and sometimes daily) and then find out that we have forgotten something or overlooked something else entirely. This is where the Advocates come in, to help and ease such things.

Also, here is some clarification also from Community Manager Akromatik:
Some clarification on the on class advocate position.

-These individuals will be selected based on their past actions and participation in the class feedback threads from previous modules. They will be selected by GentlemanCrush and myself.

-The advocates will hold office for 1 module. Once their time in the sun is up, we will move on to the next eligible candidate.

-These advocates will not be assisting in the design or decisions regarding the class direction. These players will function to collate and collect feedback into more readable lists to improve dev response time and better allow the feelings of the community to become apparent.

-A big part of this is separating the feedback from the "discussions" that tend to pop up in these threads. These advocates will include any and all feedback in their reports. They will not be the ones deciding what is "good" feedback and what isn't. If we find that an advocate has been purposely omitting feedback in their reports, they will be relieved of their post immediately.

Hopefully that has answered some questions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tajah23tajah23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited August 2014
    interesting/interested.
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    interesting/kind of interested
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Intersted /kind of intersted.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Very interested
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    @Acro,
    So who is nominated to be Advocate? Are you going to announce this information or intend to keep it private ?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello Akro,

any news on this topic? I see some other classes got their Advocate and it would be good for us rangers to start collecting feedback too.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would be highly interested in this role. That is, if someone hasn't already taken the spot yet. Any luck?