What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issues with the Dragonborn

2»

Comments

• somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ROFL

One -slight- problem with your counter picture - THAT'S NOT CONTROL WIZARD STANCE. You took a picture of a Warlock. Which (for the most part) seems to stand properly according to my friend.

The female Control Wizard stands with both hands clenched and she more or less looks to the right, one hand in front of the other. The Scourge Warlock stands with them open, looks basically straight, with both arms down to her side.

And 'graphic settings' also wouldn't do a single thing when it comes to clipping. On top of that, take a closer look at your picture from behind - the back of the neck area is clearly clipping through the upper part of the shoulders.

EDIT: Here's the same character, after dashing forward to bring out the orb. This is the 'ready in combat' (but currently standing still) stance.

uAzfe23.jpg

Again, the arms just pop straight up and out of the shoulders.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I reiterate: Check your graphic settings.

screenshot_2014-08-25-03-48-37.jpg

My point is simple: Sure, Cryptic isn't perfect, they can screw up all the time. But blame Cryptic when it's really Cryptic's fault, not when it's the player's lack of information. Hence this thread is player emotion and a fabricated "problem" making the entire debate academic at best.
    You're going after someone here whose profile says they're a 1000+ day person in another Cryptic mmo, and has been a member of the nwo forums for nearly two years. They probably have a good understanding of Cryptic and what they do by now.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    ROFL

One -slight- problem with your counter picture - THAT'S NOT CONTROL WIZARD STANCE.

Again, the arms just pop straight up and out of the shoulders.

I matched my picture stance for stance and even in the same location as the examples that were given Sure I can go in and make another screen shot with the same pose as this (mysteriously new) Wizard pose - but we ALL know you're trolling me now. And that's okay. I've already *proven* the bogus nature of the complaint. Here's the thing: it's not a game issue - it's a computer issue. It looks to me like all the graphic settings were turned DOWN just to make this new screen shot. If not then it's a crappy computer GPU at work. Otherwise how do you explain the crappy image you've provided and the pristine image I have provided in the *matching* shots? You can't.

I'm not going to teet-for-tat try to debate someone I've already debunked. You can fabricate BS complaints all you want. The problem in that screen shot is the GRAPHIC SYSTEM of the computer used to create it. This is obvious.

I've proven my case. If you want to cry and whine about crappy graphics because of a crappy computer or crappy settings go ahead. But at least put the blame where it belongs.
    You're going after someone here whose profile says they're a 1000+ day person in another Cryptic mmo, and has been a member of the nwo forums for nearly two years. They probably have a good understanding of Cryptic and what they do by now.

This does't matter. It's obviously a computer graphics issue and not a game-issue. Unless you can explain how the game, as the Devs have developed it, can look so crappy on one computer and look pristine on another?

Anyone with an ounce of deductive reasoning can clearly see what's going on here.

//deadthread
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sure I can go in and make another screen shot with the same pose as this (mysteriously new) Wizard pose

Then do so. Go on. I'll wait.
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

screenshot_2014-08-25-03-48-37.jpg

Third panel in the tryptich, right wrist.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hmm... Sounds like you've got your own clipping issues, my friend. Glass houses, anyone?

screenshot_2014-08-25-03-48-37.png?dl=0

ps. Clipping is caused when one internal object mesh collides with another. Graphics cards quality settings don't change object mesh geometry. Lower graphics settings might lower the detail of the textures applied, but they don't change the overall shape and size of the object being rendered. I guess you're not a 3D modeller. That's okay. No one expects you to be. Just try not to pretend to be an expert in the field, eh? Those of us who are just might call you out on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Hmm... Sounds like you've got your own clipping issues, my friend. Glass houses, anyone?

screenshot_2014-08-25-03-48-37.png?dl=0

That can't be clipping, there is no clipping. In no way are there equipment clipping issues with the dragonborn class; not in any way, shape, or form. Are you sure you didn't hack the PW servers to replace the pristine image angrysprite uploaded with this obviously doctored image you have placed here in what is no doubt a deliberate attempt to besmirch his peerless reputation as an objective observer and commentator?
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This does't matter.
    The reason why that matters is because you brought up the "I've been playing Cryptic games for five years" thing to support your authority on this issue. You got challenged by someone with the same kind of extensive history. Of course once you got called out on it, "It doesnt matter" anymore.

Actually, it never mattered. People dont need five years of experience with Cryptic games to see whether there is clipping or not.
    Anyone with an ounce of deductive reasoning can clearly see what is going on here
    We can indeed.

The other thing we clearly see is clipping, lots of clipping, bad clipping.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
    edited August 2014
    This doesn't matter.

The reason why that matters is because you brought up the "I've been playing Cryptic games for five years" thing to support your authority on this issue. You got challenged by someone with the same kind of extensive history. Of course once you got called out on it, "It doesnt matter" anymore.

Actually, it never mattered. People dont need five years of experience with Cryptic games to see whether there is clipping or not.
    Anyone with an ounce of deductive reasoning can see what is going on here.

We can indeed.

The other thing we clearly see is clipping, lots of clipping, bad clipping.

I don't expect sprite back in this thread. Most forum Don Quixotes bail when the windmill hits back.

There is clipping.

There are invisible helmets and boots. Non-existant would be one thing, this is not that.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    I don't expect sprite back in this thread. Most forum Don Quixotes bail when the windmill hits back.

There is clipping.

There are invisible helmets and boots. Non-existant would be one thing, this is not that.

Yes there is some clipping of a nit-picking nature in my shots. If it makes you cry then it makes you cry. As for the boots and helms: personal issues if it makes you cry. There are more important things the Devs need to work on.

-shrugs-
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow you guys are really reaching for something to have an argument about.... really out of all the non working aspects and bugs and glitches you choose Helmets, Boots, and clippings.... Wow just Wow, why don't you move on and do something constructive instead of wasting time on something so meaningless, I've already wasted too much of my time on something so insignificant.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes there is some clipping of a nit-picking nature in my shots. If it makes you cry then it makes you cry. As for the boots and helms: personal issues if it makes you cry. There are more important things the Devs need to work on.

-shrugs-

Where is your CW picture so we can see how "nit pick clipping issues" look on your ultimate gaming PC?
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Wow you guys are really reaching for something to have an argument about.... really out of all the non working aspects and bugs and glitches you choose Helmets, Boots, and clippings.... Wow just Wow, why don't you move on and do something constructive instead of wasting time on something so meaningless, I've already wasted too much of my time on something so insignificant.

Its just a $70 race, why expect quality?
    And as you don't seem to know much about software development, the other non working aspects of the game have to be fixed by coders. The clipping issues by modelers (unless the game engine so so screwed up that fixing it is impossible, but in that case Cryptic shouldn't have created dragonborn anyway). Two different groups of people.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    Where is your CW picture so we can see how "nit pick clipping issues" look on your ultimate gaming PC?

Its just a $70 race, why expect quality?
    And as you don't seem to know much about software development, the other non working aspects of the game have to be fixed by coders. The clipping issues by modelers (unless the game engine so so screwed up that fixing it is impossible, but in that case Cryptic shouldn't have created dragonborn anyway). Two different groups of people.

lol move on with your life.... some of us have real problems and can't waist time worrying about meaningless things, i don't even know why I'm responding to this obviously your biggest problem in life is the look of your dragonborn, i fell sorry for you.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    lol move on with your life.... some of us have real problems and can't waist time worrying about meaningless things, i don't even know why I'm responding to this obviously your biggest problem in life is the look of your dragonborn, i fell sorry for you.

And some people don't want to accept having to pay a high price for something with shoddy quality. I really don't understand the people who justify them charging for something not of the high quality you'd expect. Seriously the whole game charges premium prices and yet delivers poor results and has a tonne of flaws. Of course people like you trivialise it and think they should be rewarded for it leaving us with the heavily flawed product we've had to put up with.

This thread was a simple suggestion which anyone is welcome to make only for someone to constantly deny the issue even exists and that its purely down to graphics settings. If he wasn't so adamant about defending something flawed then people wouldn't argue so much against it.

If you have issues irl, then fine prioritise that. That doesn't mean people have to put up with things here and can't even make suggestions. Otherwise your issues are likely trivial compared to events elsewhere.
  • sparknoisesparknoise Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They should first give for free on preview shard ppls to try it.. and if they like, they will buy it.. so everyone is happy.. not like u buy smth u don't even know what u buy..u just saw on trailer something ( what someone make video from 1-2 angle and that's all..) So now if u ready to give money for something ( what u can't try ) wait to see that on someone else or just buy it.. but don't blame nobody if u don't like something on that race.. So u can choose to don't have it.. or if u want to try/have it u must buy.. so if u decide to spend $70 don't complain.. rule is take it or leave it. My opinion is better to spend money on smth else then to buy smth what prolly will be for free in few months.. cuz company politic is "take fast money" when they release smth cuz everyone will have smth new what others don't have. First months everyone run to buy that pack with drow and spider.. ( $200 i think.. not sure ) and what now? nobody care about that.. :) just saying..
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The clipping looks pretty bad on that CW. Which makes me wonder. I was thinking about picking up the pack sometime in the future and switching my CW to Dragonborn. I was going to wait anyway, but now I'll watch and see what they do. CWs have a really awkward stance in game. That's probably the source of the clipping in that pic. Honestly I'd rather they change the stance to something more normal. If they could fix the Dragonborn clipping that way.

Also, to be fair... Depending on how you make your character, there is quite a bit of clipping involved with the other races as well. When I first started playing Neverwinter I tried to make a tall/lanky GWF and it took me a half dozen tries. A slight tweak to the shoulders or something and my GWFs greatsword was slicing through his back.

Overall I don't really think they did less with this race than the others. They probably put a lot more effort into it. Just the race itself is much more prone to clipping issues and such problems. Hopefully they'll work it out in time. Honestly though I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. I mean they can't even keep my CWs orb floating upright without breaking it again every few patches.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited August 2014
    Yes there is some clipping of a nit-picking nature in my shots.

But wait, you said there is no clipping. So, you lie?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *sighs* You aren't spending 70 dollars on the race. Drop that myth now. You're spending 70 dollars on the entirety of the pack, for which the Dragonborn race just happens to be a part of. Saying "I spent 70 bucks for a race" is making any issues with it completely overblown.

At any rate, this thread has gone far enough. You guys wanna bicker, take it to PMs.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.