test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

who needs a team when you can have a million soul puppets?

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
http://i.imgur.com/hdEdWQs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CwHFow4.jpg

oh, another thing, i had like 30 kills...just from these soul puppets
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ROFL.

As for
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    since when do soul puppets count as kills??

given every soul puppet is supposed to come FROM a kill this only seems fair. The law of conservation of life-force or something like that I thought....
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    ROFL.

As for

given every soul puppet is supposed to come FROM a kill this only seems fair. The law of conservation of life-force or something like that I thought....

update: after talking to the soul puppeteer, he's telling me that not only did cryptic NOT fix the soul puppets dying when its owner dies....BUT, whenever the owner dies and the soul puppet takes damage, the OWNER IS REZZED by the soul puppet and ANOTHER soul puppet spawns (owner is rezzed with 1 hp, so this is why i had so many kills and he had so many deaths)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    update: after talking to the soul puppeteer, he's telling me that not only did cryptic NOT fix the soul puppets dying when its owner dies....BUT, whenever the owner dies and the soul puppet takes damage, the OWNER IS REZZED by the soul puppet and ANOTHER soul puppet spawns (owner is rezzed with 1 hp, so this is why i had so many kills and he had so many deaths)

Ha ha - you mean that I was actually right?

I mean, err.....

*Surreptitiously brushes hair and straightens creased casual clothes*

Of course the great and wise McOnosRep knew this this all along when he formulated said Law, of which this is only a minor corollary.....
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Ha ha. - so I was right then!

*Surreptitiously brushes hair and straightens creased casual clothes*

I mean, err, - of course the great and wise McOnosRep knew this this all along when he formulated said Law, of which this is only a minor corollary.....

i hate you, stop role playing
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

I got a triple kill off one SW yesterday. Didn't know why. He only had like 3 or 4 puppets though.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    "Rise my minions, rise and kill these fools!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • ohellkungoohellkungo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    "Rise my minions, rise and kill these fools!"
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    THIS!:rolleyes:
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    just played against one walrock he had 90 deaths in 20 min game lol
    they keep resurecting him every 2 sec
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hilarious bug. Too good to remove!
  • xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    just played against one walrock he had 90 deaths in 20 min game lol
    they keep resurecting him every 2 sec
    whenever im in a game with this bug, i stand ontop of the warlocks dead corpse and farm him for kills....lol i get like 7 kills ina row
  • showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd actually like this bug to stay unfixed lol, it's quite fun. (Not a warlock btw)
  • sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Look, I know I mentioned this before...but I'm amazed that others here haven't taken up the cry.

I just played a pvp with over 12 enemy soul puppets literally swamping bases. I have no problem with them per-se, but the way things stand at the moment they go against the very essence of what pvp means= Player vs PLAYER.

The trickster rogue has his 'shadow', which is fine...it is neutral, it is an extension of his nature. And yes, I know that the shadow puppet is an extension of the nature of what it means to be a warlock...but that's not the problem.

1. These things have more health points than GOD! You can't spend the time it takes to destroy them...the idea is to be killing other players.
    2. I haven't got a Warlock yet...but from what I can see they seem to be able to summon in excess of 4 (i'm talking pvplvl 50 to 60, please correct me if i'm wrong)
    3. They do not attack as the warlock attacks, but initiate their own assault.
    4. No sooner have you killed their master, and they resurrect him! Again, and AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...ETC.

Please, this is totally unballanced :( could we please see some modifications to this power. I'm not saying get rid of them altogether. I was thinking (and please if you disagree say so...i don't mind constructive dialogue)
    1. ONE soul puppet or,
    2. One strength total strength, which is distributed amoungst however many soul puppets are summoned.
    3. They only attack as and when their master attacks, or stops attacking
    4. They resurrect their master ONCE only, just as another player would rescue another player...the next time the master dies, just as with any other character, he dies for good (the bonus here is that the warlock doesn't need another player to stop in the heat of battle/while under-fire and rescue them...they can be rescued anywhere!)

Please, Please feel free to offer your own thoughts on the matter guys. AND DEVS PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN, THEY'RE RUINING PVP
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As far as I can tell it's a bug and will probably be patched out next Thursday.

There's a thread here about it - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?738861-who-needs-a-team-when-you-can-have-a-million-soul-puppets
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The second picture the OP posted looks like a Soul puppet version of the sketch at the end of every Benny Hill show.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    SW k/d ratio is going to be horrible.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • verbenawitchverbenawitch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Kill the SW, drop something like thorn ward or icy terrain and he rez / die till it stops, keep it on him and you will have 1,000 kill in no time.

Gotta make what ya got to work with work for you.

I can imagine SW stuck in an endless cycle of rez / die / rez / die.

It is kinda funny-sad

Just one of many bugs.

Most nerve wracking to me is that BOE gear from pvp vendors soul binds instead. I wanted to send a set to my other CW so I would have a spell storm and MOF to play with a bit faster.

/sigh
    edited August 2014
    yeah i'm amazed this isn't getting more attention

video i posted in another thread..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAvbSTNWtk
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here's a question does the soul puppet count for contesting a node? That would be very evil if it does.
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Here's a question does the soul puppet count for contesting a node? That would be very evil if it does.

nah, they don't, fortunately enough haha

UNFORTUNATELY tho, when it's just you and the SW with his soul puppets, the soul puppets wreck your face with combat advantage
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    the soul puppet resurecting the player is a whole other bug btw
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I would love to see 5 SW V 5 SW to have a massive puppet war :).
    edited August 2014
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Raistlin\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
    edited August 2014
    sorry image didn't upload...DOZENS of soul puppets!
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They're piling up at all the section exits now. Slows the game a bit for me.
    Quite creepy to see them like that.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?