test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change foundry character appearance?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Foundry
I'd love to have a way to change the race/appearance of the foundry test characters, many of us spend hours upon hours testing our quests, and I'd prefer if I could make it look like my regular character.

Or if there was a way to copy your existing character to the foundry. That way we could test combat with a better equipped lv 60 char, instead of a random character with buggy skills and feats.

Also, I'm not sure if the respec character is working? I remember it was listed as fixed a while ago but it kept giving me problems, so I never use it.

Are others interested in this? Or am I just a lonely dreamer? I'd love to hear what others think about this.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice. It's not real high on my priority list, but yeah I'd like that. I'd especially like the part about testing it with out actual characters, so we could see how it actually responds to well-geared characters. As it is, though, at least once I publish I can get a decent range (GF "Author," HR and CW all at different levels).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have been wanting this for ever. I've never messed with any of the checks i the foundry (I am more of a landscaper / architect) but arent there racial checks in addition to skill checks? I cant recall if they were there or not.

If not, then race/gender checks should be added, with the ability to modify race, gender, and appearance for all foundry characters.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Probably could do the "copy chr from server" thing like they do in Preview server. You will still have to lvl up/ gear a chr, but you'd also have acess to your character(s) you are already used to running so you can test foundries.

I know I find it weird to run a fighter when I primarily play a TR, but I cope.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Well, there is something to be said for running your Foundry quests with more than one class; this gives you a wider sense of how it actually plays. Sometimes what is really easy for a CW can be ridiculously hard for a HR; or what is easy for a TR is impossible for a DC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elvioneundomielelvioneundomiel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i dotn know if this helps, but regarding to the class of you automatic created character i found a button when u enter to the quest's editing that allows you to change class and 3 options of levels: Respec/"choose class"/ level 10/21/31. Once inside the map you can press "C" and choose powers abilities, paragon path, increase ablity scores and respect anytime u want. I havent found yet how to change the apareance itself or copy own character but I'll keep looking.
    I hope that helps.
  • elvioneundomielelvioneundomiel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Once you have changed the class yout character wont have anything in his inventory, you will be naked and have no weapon. This isnt the end of the world, since then you can but the minimap click on the open door "Return to the map you were in" exiting the map you created and appearing in a map of the game, since there you can go tho a travelling gate and go to protector's enclave qhere u can buy weapon and armour, do several quests, get companion and horse, if you make some money for it and the best , go to the appareance wizard where you can change your character apareance, sadly from there you cannot choose gender. Still looking....
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I was more interested into changing the appearance /race than the class though. And I think the respec button still is bugged (many abilities don't work when respeccing.) Thanks for the help though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg