test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm terrified

hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I went on 4 PvP matches today and in 2 of them some people said horrible things to me just because I'm a CW (including people of my own team), and it continued even after the matches.

I hope you guys understand that when we choose a class we're deciding the way we will play, not the faction we're picking. If you think some class is overpowered it's not with the players of it that you have to complain; not everyone plays a class because of its performance, I love casters and I will always be a caster.

I just went on PvP to get my dailies completed and have some fun; now I'm afraid of going on PvP again because people will see me as a villain that just wants everyone to die because of a choice I made when creating my character back on 2013.

Please community, don't assume people's personality because of their class.
(´・ ω ・`)
Post edited by hefisdo on

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    like a said in another topic (m4 preview for the record) cw now is a (bad) symbol.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry to hear thus, but sadly this is the way in PvP in almost all games.

Worse, in Neverwinter CWs have been by far the dominant class in PvE since the start, and now are capable of doing the same in PvP.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meh, I made a GWF on release and stopped playing it halfway through Mod 2. It's not an entirely new experience you're having.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At least these "horrible things" are going to the CWs now, being a GWF you could read every kind of stupid things via zona chat, private messages and specially from people that love to write while they are laying dead.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I went on 4 PvP matches today and in 2 of them some people said horrible things to me just because I'm a CW (including people of my own team), and it continued even after the matches.

I hope you guys understand that when we choose a class we're deciding the way we will play, not the faction we're picking. If you think some class is overpowered it's not with the players of it that you have to complain; not everyone plays a class because of its performance, I love casters and I will always be a caster.

I just went on PvP to get my dailies completed and have some fun; now I'm afraid of going on PvP again because people will see me as a villain that just wants everyone to die because of a choice I made when creating my character back on 2013.

If you want some good advice, don't attack the DC. We're already helpless against you before, now it's even worse and it really pisses me off when a CW crushes me in 2 seconds. Never dry hump downed players with your mount.
    Rule number 2: wreck vengeance against the GWF. They were terribly OP last mod, so everyone hates them now. You're doing a great public service shaming them good. Exception: GWF you can dryhump
    Rule number 3: avoid the permaTR, they are the worst egotistic, trashtalkers in the game. Just talking the general sense, you could actually count the half-decent well-mannered permas out there in one hand.
    Rule number 4: apologize when you kill somebody in an OP way.
    Rule number 5: don't respond to trashtalk with trashtalk.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Welcome to the life of a module 2/3 GWF as well as a perma TR!
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'll ignore anything terrible being said to me, I took abuse when MOD 3 came out and found my CW totally unplayable in PVP and now i'm back to being competitive again, frankly it probably is a bit much but I have had to deal with prone prone die so much from people that they can now suck it and suffer through my freeze dot freeze die method. Also in MOD 2 and 3 people seemed to go straight for CW for easy kills knowing they can probably be killed in a single rotation ... so again it is now my turn to dish out the pain and climb up the pvp campaign track with ease ...

To all whiners out there, suck it ... deal with it, and or quit playing PVP until they change stuff, I had to live with it I had to stop playing for awhile and now i'm going to get the easy track for a bit.

Frankly I just want some fast progression of the PVP campaign for completion sake, i'm not big on PVP but most certainly will take advantage while I can just like every TR and GWF out there has done for so long.

I will tip my hat to TR, those who play are probably the most versatile players in the game since they have had to deal with more changes to their class and more nerfs than anyone and yet they still manage to find a way to make themselves ... ummmm well i'll end my statements there out of a respect for those who are tenacious ;)
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That really sucks to hear. Put those people on your ignore list.

It also helps if you aren't ganking other players 2/3/4/5v1 when you've won already the match (that's when I've noticed most of the CW trash talk happen).
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also in MOD 2 and 3 people seemed to go straight for CW for easy kills knowing they can probably be killed in a single rotation ... so again it is now my turn to dish out the pain and climb up the pvp campaign track with ease ...

Personally I went after CW since they COULD do massive damage in module 2/3 if they were left alone, so they had to go fast.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Personally I went after CW since they COULD do massive damage in module 2/3 if they were left alone, so they had to go fast.

Pretty much this really.

CWs were such a high priority target precisely because they were a glass cannon being BOTH relatively squishy and also capable of wreaking havoc if not dealt with quickly.

To be fair, they were (for PvP) probably more on the glass side of the spectrum than the cannon side, but it would be misleading to think that the only reason targeting CWs were so high on the priority list was simply because of their somewhat weak defense.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014

community is just angry on devs they listened all cws crys on op stuff on other classes while they even buffed up cw and make it even more broken op then before so i do understand anger of community on them after all cw needed nerf more then any other class but they buffed it up beyond any reason and for this they balame cw community since devs listened to them instead of rest of the players which were asking for cw nerfs for year and half
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    community is just angry on devs they listened all cws crys on op stuff on other classes while they even buffed up cw and make it even more broken op then before so i do understand anger of community on them after all cw needed nerf more then any other class but they buffed it up beyond any reason and for this they balame cw community since devs listened to them instead of rest of the players which were asking for cw nerfs for year and half

Dude stop your non-sensical antiCW posts. Each of your posts is a massive ****hurt because you cannot get into CN or T2s, since you actually always talk about PvE.

You should mention that: "I TALK ABOUT PvE".

Because you are looking ridiculous with your claims that CW were broken OP in general before this module. CW needed a slight PvP buff and rebalancing of other classes, not this huge overpowering and non-skill spell buffs such as SS/eots/orb/assailant. CWs didn't ask for this, we were FORCED into it. CWs asked for some survivability increase and fixes to shard and defect/CC buggy interaction etc. That is all. But we were ignored.

So no, it is not our fault.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This is what you would experienced as Gwf when you win a match, when kill other or simply because for having a good defence. almost everything on GWF ppl have to complain...
    too strong, too defensive,too fast ,too slow, whatever
    they got always something complain about.

in zone chat, whisper or here alot im forum and what is the result of it ?,
    My main class is going to dying with a lot of nerfs and I lose the pleasure to keep playing.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I get called stuff all the time and not a CW ;)

you get used to it.

Understand that these people are generally sore losers and will lash out with words when they can't digitally harm you (or place blame when they on your team and losing). People who aren't worht the time, /ignore and enjoy your game:)
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I know I must be the only one in the game like this, but my CW did better in PvP than my GWF in mod 3, and now my GWF, while weaker than mod3, does FAR better in PvP than my CW in mod4. So much better that I was forced to quit PvPing on my CW.

Of course, both were much better before tenacity was introduced.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    after the battle is clearly won dont keep trying to gank the enemy team
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    warpet wrote: »

I've read your posts before, on preview as well, and all you ask for is nerf, nerf, nerf Cws. You know it's people like you who are responsible for the Buff Cws received ,because by whining and complaining all the time(instead of providing valid constructive feedback) the Devs decided that most negative feedback, on Cws, is just trolling and did what they thought best......So if they listened to the cws cries is because people like you contributed to it. So stop it will you? Otherwise in the end the class will be buffed even more.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the forums are not an appropriate place to discuss bad behavior. if someone is harassing you, you have the option to block that individual in chat. if someone is making threats or behaving any way as listed in the terms of service as a violation, you have the option of reporting the individual through a support ticket. screenshots are very helpful and can be submitted through the support web site rather than through the in-game reporting feature.

this thread will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.