test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UI messed up

mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello! Last thursday i patched the game up and logged in. When i did. The UI (User interface) was screwed up. the words where buttons were were not in the right position. when i loaded a character. the Map and many other icons on my UI were not in their proper place. some not even their proper sise, I have tried every possible setting that would effect the UI but nothing seems to have worked. Does anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I have also tried after yesterdays patch.. still the same issue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Paitence, it will pay off eventually.

- Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
Post edited by mathewprime1 on

Comments

• sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have you tried to reset your settings? Try to use your screen native resolution, and, if the game is too slow, lower the graphics :confused:
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did, Nothing seems to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    Same here problem started at preview.Before patch everything was good.
    edited August 2014
    despi wrote: »
    Same here problem started at preview.Before patch everything was good.

Its good to know I am not the only one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2014
    my wife was having this exact same problem, she fixed it by switching to direct x 11 in display settings, i know this wont help all of you since some pc'c wont run 11 but i hope it helps some
  • despidespi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited August 2014
    I think i lost 4th boon in dread ring campaign because of bug.Campaign show it achieved but boon isnt gained.DirectX 11 is for windows 7 mine is windows xp.
    edited August 2014
    unfortunately I couldn't find the option to switch to direct x 11. Probably doesn't support it. My system also runs on XP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Have you tried re-setting the various scaling options?

Options->Interface->General->Interface Scale
    • Try setting it to 0.9 and applying
    • ...then, re-set it to 1.0 and apply

Options->Display->Resolution Scale
    • Once again - try setting this one to 0.9 and applying
  • nibroc2015nibroc2015 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    eldarth wrote: »

I have the same exact problem. And changing the resolution does nothing. I can't seem to figure out what it is, but after Rubber Banding for a little bit. It tends to crash my whole computer. After 10 mins.

Also: I used to be able to play for months and not have anything wrong with the game. But when the game started, it would always say as a pop up "Run 32bitordie" and I would hit okay, and it just worked from then on. But now, computer can't run that or I cannot find the command prompt to actually make my computer run at 32bit.

I have windows XP
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3
    IntelRCeleronR
    CPU g1610 @ 2.60 GHz
    2.59Ghz, 3.46 GB of RAM

Using Radeon x800
    edited August 2014

I have tried, Yes. doesnt make a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2014
    And same thing with me man!

bump anyone? :)
  • thorsavage87thorsavage87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nibroc2015 wrote: »
    And same thing with me man!

bump anyone? :)

Ever since the patch update from last week I have been experiencing the same thing. I can still play but it looks like a mess. In particular my Journal screen, can't read a thing anymore on it.
    edited August 2014
    Ever since the patch update from last week I have been experiencing the same thing. I can still play but it looks like a mess. In particular my Journal screen, can't read a thing anymore on it.

I agree! and I can't find any way around it. It crashes my computer in 10 minutes so I can't get any GM's help. So now I am here. and I wait.
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have this issue also, exactly as described, text all over the place, borders going down the middle of things, pages transparent because the backing is a different size to the rest, and have been sending emails and screenshots back and forth to tech support. They asked for my computer information via a printout in txt form which told them everything. They now tell me that it is my drivers which are the problem, that the new patch/rollout has new content and it is synced with only the newest drivers. They told me to go and see my local computer technician. I am majorly upset. I have been playing Neverwinter since January and have had it display perfectly right up until this patch/rollout. I have also paid good money to buy zen within the game (too much). That makes me a customer. What other business makes their product unusable to an existing customer without even an announcement or apology? If they have upgraded to only recent video/graphic card drivers, what are they and what are the new requirements to view and play the game properly? How do I know that if I go out and pay even more money to upgrade my graphics card and drivers (there are no more recent drivers for my ATI card than I already have, I have looked and it is not possible to install any more recent drivers than I already have installed so would mean I would have to buy a new card) that the new card and drivers will also not be recognized by the game? Should I just abandon this game which I have grown to love so much or should I get a newer card and not even have any confidence that it will solve the problem? I still want to believe that it's an error in their programming and that sooner or later they will fix it with the next patch and that everything will work ok again.
    edited August 2014
    ...and one more thing, I too use windows XP. How do I know if they no longer support this platform, rather than it being a problem with my graphics card? I really need some kind of information from the company to clarify as to exactly what the problem is before I go out and potentially waste money on a new card.
    edited August 2014
    aganway wrote: »
    ...(there are no more recent drivers for my ATI card than I already have, I have looked and it is not possible to install any more recent drivers than I already have installed so would mean I would have to buy a new card)...

Not providing ATI graphic card model and Driver version numbers how is anyone supposed to see if you are correct?

Windows XP also has not been supported by Microsoft for a loooooong time if you are still using XP that means you cannot use DirectX 11 which could be a requirement now.

Expecting computer game developers to forver support ancient operating systems and drivers is doomed to disappointment.

According to specs on ArcGames.com/en/games/Neverwinter...

Graphic Display
    3D video chipset with pixel and vertex shader model 1.3 supported. GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista and 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.

edited August 2014
    Yeah, they should honestly get this bug going on right away. I am a new customer, but I have grown to love this game over the past few months. and This really does bum me out that they don't allow people to play, people who had Windows XP. It's ridiculous. Now what game do I go? The developers should seriously get on this immediately. That's very unfortunate that I had to wait this long, constantly try to fix every problem, and now come to find out that it's not even going to get fixed.

Ridiculous. Developers, step your game up.

EDIT: and Eldarth, I did post my graphics card and everything on page 1. We're having the same problem.
    edited August 2014
    Using Radeon x800
    EDIT: and Eldarth, I did post my graphics card and everything on page 1. We're having the same problem.

I don't see a radeon driver version number anywhere in there do you?
    edited August 2014
    I don't see a radeon driver version number anywhere in there do you?

My apologies Eldarth.

But I literally can't find it.

The only thing that comes close issssss

Graphics Chipset: RADEON X800 Series
    Device ID: 554D
    Driver Version: 8.593.100.0

?? Am I close?? lol i'm a nub.
    edited August 2014
    According to AMD, the latest Radeon X800 series XP driver is 10.2
    ...which seems a looong way from 8.593 if that is the actual driver version number.

The driver software is usually called "Catalyst" and you might have a Catalyst Control Center application or something similar that might have an option for displaying the current driver.

...or, you can go to AMD for the latest Windows XP 32-Bit Radeon X800 Catalyst Driver:

[TH="class: table-heading"]NAME[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]FILE SIZE[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]REVISION NUMBER[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]RELEASE DATE[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]DOWNLOAD LINK[/TH]

Catalyst Software Suite
    75.6 MB
    02/24/2010
    Download

Description:
    Package Includes:
    Display Driver
    Catalyst Control Center
    WDM Drivers

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    There are two issues at play here. Shaders are somewhat broken (a lot of people getting compile errors), and causing bad visual problems on a lot of ATI graphics equipped systems. Second is that the UI scale brokenness, which used only to affect chat boxes, scoreboards, boons, powers, character creation, appearance change and a few other things, now affects many more UI elements- like vendors etc.
    edited August 2014
    According to AMD, the latest Radeon X800 series XP driver is 10.2
    ...which seems a looong way from 8.593 if that is the actual driver version number.

The driver software is usually called "Catalyst" and you might have a Catalyst Control Center application or something similar that might have an option for displaying the current driver.

...or, you can go to AMD for the latest Windows XP 32-Bit Radeon X800 Catalyst Driver:

[TH="class: table-heading"]NAME[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]FILE SIZE[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]REVISION NUMBER[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]RELEASE DATE[/TH]
    [TH="class: table-heading"]DOWNLOAD LINK[/TH]

Catalyst Software Suite
    75.6 MB
    02/24/2010
    Download

Description:
    Package Includes:
    Display Driver
    Catalyst Control Center
    WDM Drivers

I am using ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series card and the above driver download is the most recent one possible to use and I already have that driver installed. It was the one I already had installed when I first noticed the issue and does not in any way resolve the display issues after the rollout of the new module. If we want to play Neverwinter and see all the UI displaying correctly, those of us who are having errors and already have the most recent driver installed possible, now have no other choice but to go out and spend money on a newer graphics card.

I do not blame Cryptic/Perfect World for updating the game, they obviously can't stay in the past forever, but it's all about how they have executed this and that those of us on older graphics cards which have worked fine right up until this rollout were all hyped-up about the new content, only to suddenly find that we can't play it and are dumped without any ceremony. No warning, no announcement, no preparation, nothing. Just suddenly those of us who could play before now can't and too bad. I personally am thinking I will waste no more money on this game, let alone go out and buy a new card just to play it. If this is how they treat their customers, just dump them without even a warning or sorry, then they can do without my business.
  • nibroc2010nibroc2010 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Eldrath is there a command in the options button whenever you start Neverwinter, where I could play with just 32-bit on my computer?

Because it used to always say "Run 32bitorDie" and I would hit okay, and everything would be fine.

But I don't know how to actually turn that on.

Any Advice?
    edited August 2014
    nibroc2010 wrote: »
    Eldrath is there a command in the options button whenever you start Neverwinter, where I could play with just 32-bit on my computer?

Because it used to always say "Run 32bitorDie" and I would hit okay, and everything would be fine.

But I don't know how to actually turn that on.

Any Advice?

This looks like a good how-to: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2045345/run-an-old-program-on-a-new-pc.html
  • lowarrowlowarrow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also have ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series card and this problem persist after the lastest update. I think there is a hope and staff will fix .
  • punk84punk84 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Having the same issue on win7 set gfx to direct x 11 but when i do the initial start up takes about 3 times as long as norm and the game freezes a bit more and it never use to at all
    edited August 2014
    Can be this bug solved or it is a message to give up and delete Neverwinter.
    edited August 2014
    Another thing to try I mentioned in another thread...

FInd the ui_settings.txt file in your neverwinter installation directory (somewhere) and make a backup copy, then delete it.
    This should force the game to recreate/reset all your graphic settings.

If it fails, you can replace it with the backup copy you made.
    edited August 2014
    eldarth where is that file ?
    untitled.jpg
    gif image hosting