test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric Disciple vs Cleric Apprentice

godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
I think they introduce a somewhat nerfed starter Cleric Companion function.. but in someway it is also an improvement.

Let's compare shall we?

Cleric Disciple vs Healer's Apprentice

Sacred Flame vs Sunburst
*Activates @ 3rd hit triggering 5% HP heal nearby enemies vs Activate at 1 hit nearby the companion instead (damage is area and may be negligible) triggering 5% heal - The span of activation may differ, but i havent test it that extensively.

*Only in battle vs Activates even outside battle when we dont have full HP

Healing Word vs Healing Pass
*By pass companion level and a hard 20% heal vs Healing is be dependant on the cleric companion's level.. interval may differ / same.. i havent tested this with higher level new companion

It's done this way (the old Cleric Disciple being removed from vendor & quest reward) so that the capability of healing does get improved when we upgrade the companion. Not that the old disciple is OP or anything if compared to other companions in general (angel etc).. (but when compared to other starter companion, yea quite OP and is actually brought in line / balanced)

Edit : Cleric Apprentice > Healer's Apprentice
Post edited by godhric on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am totally confused right now...

Talking about a change or suggestion?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    I am totally confused right now...

Talking about a change or suggestion?
    It's a change , they replaced the starter cleric with a new starter healer.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The replacement is quite inferior.. the 'sunburst' one forces you to be near him to gain the benefit.. also, altho he can heal continuously over the span interval outside of battle, you really cant move around freely as it's an AoE heal around himself if you wanna benefit from it.. so in practice his sunburst 'heal' miss alot..

Serious drawback is when you're mobile (either running / horsing).. he will keep spamming his heal while the heal never hits
    Seems to be it has to be upgraded to epic quality if you wanna make it as strong as the older version Cleric Disciple.

Kinda makes the tiefling version faithful initiate much more valuable.
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    aparently a poor free player was having soooo much fun before, so now you cant have a half decent cleric, cant get blue items to drop and cant buy zen, welcome to neverwinter!