test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emperor's Clothing

adisontrentadisontrent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi everybody,

I think it's really odd, that the new "Emperor's Clothing" just disables the visibility of the shirt/pants. For such a function there where buttons before (like for the helmet) and I think it should be that way for plain "disable visibility"!

At the early days this clothing was tested on the preview, it changed the appearance of the underwear and you were able to dye it.
This is what I expect at least, of an item i have to spend 125k AD on only for crafting it.

On top goes, that the default underwear are ugly as hell.

Are there any chance that this may get changed?

Greedings!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited August 2014
    Good that you open this topic. I have basically no idea what is it supposed to be good for. Can anyone clarify, please?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gwassalor wrote: »
    Good that you open this topic. I have basically no idea what is it supposed to be good for. Can anyone clarify, please?

Some people like not having the graphics there so they can use skimpy armor. This lets them still use a shirt and pants for the bonuses and slots but still have it look like they aren't wearing any.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When they changed it to just showing the ugly underwear, I pretty much lost much of my care of it.

The initial workings of it in preview is better.

Further more, the cost of just making it is unappealing.
  • adisontrentadisontrent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Some people like not having the graphics there so they can use skimpy armor. This lets them still use a shirt and pants for the bonuses and slots but still have it look like they aren't wearing any.

I am one of the people that dont like the shirts and pants. But it seems really over the top for me, that we have to craft an item to do what used to be done by a option in my character sheet. And so I think it would be the minimum that the item crafed adds something (other than the option replacement) to the game.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Seems like the preview version had appeal. Showing off the burlap tube-top isn't really appealing.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We complained to the devs about it here during the testing:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?719861-Emperor-Items

For those curious, there's also a lot of before/after screenshots. Right now, they're not really worth crafting, as you see the very ugly (and undyable) burlap sack undies showing through everything. Here's some examples from test.

Original Emperor's Clothes, with no top and sleek undies (this is a before/after showing off a dye job, so ignore the picture on the left):
    vMtmL7A.jpg

Current Emperor's Clothes, back to burlap
    tihRDff.jpg
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So... a Dragon's Egg for cuter underwear? Huh.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, the initial version looked quite nice....here is an example:

ssm2U7v.jpg

I really liked the effect and was going to make a set of those items, but then it was changed to this:

pXTqgWK.jpg?1

See the difference? That ugly burlap wrap bra is now visible "beneath" the armor, and it kind-of spoils the point.

Now, I think it is fairly obvious why this was done - the thing is, if you wore the emperor clothing without any armour, this is what you would get - and I'm making this a link only just so you can avoid it if you think you will suffer permanent damage from seeing topless females.

http://i.imgur.com/g9c7fvl.jpg

However, this change made the emperor armor wothless for me - the whole point of it is to work with non-covering armour - and by having that bra show though, I just cannot get the effect I want.

The best solution would have to make the emperor clothing show the bra if no armor is worn, but make it invisible if worn beneath armor, but I'm not 100% sure if that is technically feasible. For now - all I can say is don't waste your ADs on the Emperor shirt for female characters...it's OK for males, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    So... a Dragon's Egg for cuter underwear? Huh.

Yes. It is critically important.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The cost of making them makes sense. It's definitely a cosmetic item and a fair enough AD sink. IF. IF, they looked like the original.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's so dumb that they approached it this way. Some armor sets look better without the under clothing, some do not. The way they've done it, you'd pay 25k + dragon egg, and then 51k to reverse it. Horrible.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's so dumb that they approached it this way. Some armor sets look better without the under clothing, some do not. The way they've done it, you'd pay 25k + dragon egg, and then 51k to reverse it. Horrible.

Yeah they definitely need a fricken dress room window already. Just let us click on things and see what they look like cryptic!
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there a set like this for other classes beside the Control Wizard ? I need to disable the 'shirt' visuals for my Great Weapon Fighter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    lhotse5 wrote: »
    Is there a set like this for other classes beside the Control Wizard ? I need to disable the 'shirt' visuals for my Great Weapon Fighter.

All classes have one.
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    All classes have one.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Emperor's_Cloth_Shirt

What is the set for the GWF called ? Because the ECS and ECP are for the CW only. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    lhotse5 wrote: »
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Emperor's_Cloth_Shirt

What is the set for the GWF called ? Because the ECS and ECP are for the CW only. :(

These, mailsmithing
    zg8Gvtr.png
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Go on auction house, enter "emperor", and limit by class. Or, you could look for the task under your professions interface. Bang! Isn't being able to extrapolate from known information using logic and common sense effing amazing?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think it depends on the armor you're wearing. The armor shown does show the bra, but not all female armor is that skimpy. I use both on my CW not so I can see cleavage without a bra (you perverts :) ) but so I can have bare arms and legs.