test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game looks discomposed

celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I log on after the patch and now my game looks discomposed. The letters on the buttons are hanging off and looks poorly put together. Will this be fixed soon?
WTF_zpscb7e67a7.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Here's a fix, go to graphics and select set to defaults and click on OK / Apply. :o
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Have you tried adjusting the settings even if it is just to change them momentarily? Particularly the resolution?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes major patches reset graphic options for users with specific graphic models. From the image, your issue is fundamentally related to your "Resolution Scale" setting on the Display Tab in the Options screen. Set that back to 100.0 and things should look vastly improved.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have reset to default, but they are still all over the place :( gonna shut it off and log back in to see if it fixed
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    still nothing :( must be my stupid computer
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    still nothing :( must be my stupid computer

Uh, well, ok then! S-Sorry! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Sometimes major patches reset graphic options for users with specific graphic models. From the image, your issue is fundamentally related to your "Resolution Scale" setting on the Display Tab in the Options screen. Set that back to 100.0 and things should look vastly improved.

It only goes to 1.00... this is disappointing.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Make sure you have your Screen Resolution set properly too. Too low a setting there can also make it look like that. I just logged in and everything looks good for me.
  • Options
    lowarrowlowarrow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I also have that problem, but reset to default not fix that problem . image.jpg
    uploading pictures

image.jpg
    photo sharing

image.jpg
    image upload no compression
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @lowarrow I am glad to know I am not the only one. I sent in a ticket so awaiting word.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I suggest to go to your installation directory and delete or move your gameprefs.pref file. Within the installation directory, it is found in the Neverwinter\Live\localdata sub directory. Do this while both the client and launcher are shut down (not running).

The options I am speaking of for
    Screen Resolution is your display size, e.g. 1024x760, 1650x1024, etc. -- which is found on the Display tab. Uninstallation should only be needed if Support suggests it. I'd try messing with all your Display and Graphics tab options before even pondering a reinstall.

Also, on the
    Display tab, if you can drop down the selection for your video card and have options multiple choices of DirectX versions for your card, I'd suggest to go with the highest one and then try each lower one if the higher one doesn't resolve it.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I suggest to go to your installation directory and delete or move your gameprefs.pref file. Within the installation directory, it is found in the Neverwinter\Live\localdata sub directory. Do this while both the client and launcher are shut down (not running).

Screen Resolution is your display size, e.g. 1024x760, 1650x1024, etc. -- which is found on the Display tab. Uninstallation should only be needed if Support suggests it. I'd try messing with all your Display and Graphics tab options before even pondering a reinstall.

Also, on the
    Display tab, if you can drop down the selection for your video card and have options multiple choices of DirectX versions for your card, I'd suggest to go with the highest one and then try each lower one if the higher one doesn't resolve it.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

~EDIT~ It is fixed! I did the video card suggestion. Thank you so much, Zeb! You're awesome!
  • Options
    zillahlinaszillahlinas Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm also having it, and it's a lot more than the button text overhanging the button. None of this is affected by reboot app
    - A popup window, ESPECIALLY journal, is overhanging the ?background gif? the journal entry is not readable, being a faint font on a transparent background. The label for buttons is on the wrong space, so you cannot customize your new warlock it dumps all changes.
    - the gold frame around a window goes down the middle of a popup.
    - the progress bars for charging is way off.
    - the circle map is larger than the frame and off center. map icons for local area are off map.
    - the time/clock is displayed blurry.
    - resetting display ui options and head's up no help either

It looks like some options have had their x dimensions cut by almost half, and the y ones are nearly unchanged. It's like Toulouse-Lautrec has selectedly edit your UI benchmarks. The world stuff seems okay so far, but the UI for the area map, the journal, buttons, sliders are a HUGE part of the game.

I had to cancel making a warlock because the control buttons were not keeping my changes. That really is annoying as I've had to pay for a non-functioning class, that's now BROKEN all my other characters too.
    :mad: 2d97ldu.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @zillahlinas that is how mine looked. Have you tried setting your graphics card like Zeb mentioned? It helped me fix mine.
  • Options
    stepinestepine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Got the same problem,i tried everything but still nothing.
  • Options
    baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    just make sure your screen resoltion is also same as the game resolution imo this will fix it
  • Options
    lowarrowlowarrow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's been 3 weeks and one update and this problem is not solved . @baddeeds any attempt to change the resolution will not solve anything.
  • Options
    xaindexainde Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Also, on the

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

On the Display tab there is no video card selection for me... I really think this will fix it, but why there isn't this choice in my menu? :-(
    I have windows xp