test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 8/14 10 AM PDT (Pacific) (Complete)

Comments

• Options
    verbenawitchverbenawitch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Come to think if It so am I. :) a silver lining, surrounded by a depressing dark cloud.

ANd a couple were way below buy out.

(Now watch it go up with one min left and they outbid me)
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    10:25:02 PDT
    dwightmc can you give us new update ?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    One day a developer will adhere to the Scotty Principle and there will be much rejoicing.

Scotty Principle
    (n.) The defacto gold star standard for delivering products and/or services within a projected timeframe. Derived from the original Star Trek series wherein Lt. Cmdr. Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott consistently made the seemingly impossible happen just in time to save the crew of the Enterprise from disaster.

The premise is simple:

1) Caluculate average required time for completion of given task.

2) Depending on importance of task, add 25-50% additional time to original estimate.

3) Report and commit to inflated time estimate with superiors, clients, etc.

4) Under optimal conditions the task is completed closer to the original time estimate vs. the inflated delivery time expected by those waiting

But then the sales guy promises customers that it will be ready about 2 weeks before your original, un-inflated estimate....
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    P.S:
    I totally blame the cleaning guy ... for letting out the server hamsters.

User error
    Device not found
    Coca-Cola incompatible with keyboard.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rgladiato wrote: »
    But then the sales guy promises customers that it will be ready about 2 weeks before your original, un-inflated estimate....

That's when you go to his cubicle and kick him sideways thru the knee. Then you tell him if he ever does it again you'll do his other joints for him. =P
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    I prefer waiting 1 more hour than entering a buggued game "rubberbanded" which crashes by massive connections ...

Me too, but usually we get the delay AND all the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....
  • Options
    xsw4yxxsw4yx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    no worries about the delay cryptic :) would rather have it done right than have it rushed which could cause you guys to miss something critical to the functionality of new content :D thanks for all of your hard work :)
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvU3V_GTSzK1NC7Q1OCOTfRgRUbaUVoZKyJzo32XTjNsXDMuP53A
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was caught up with prepatching (last night.) It just downloaded an additional 83 MB, and says it's ready to roll.

Well, you play on preview so that might be a reason :P
  • Options
    millenniumogmillenniumog Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    got_a_bad_feeling.jpeg

(j/k)

doooooooooooom!!!!!
  • Options
    ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cant wait to get in the server so i can race reroll, respec and **** on pvp with my new mod 4 hr setup :)
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvU3V_GTSzK1NC7Q1OCOTfRgRUbaUVoZKyJzo32XTjNsXDMuP53A

Would be funny, if that was a grizzly....
  • Options
    ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Server is up
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    fieminamorfieminamor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    doooooooooooom!!!!!

I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ
  • Options
    juxpitosjuxpitos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WHAT! i bought the dragonborn pack a week ago and i can't make a dragonborn! What's up guys, not cool.
  • Options
    cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Server is up

Yep, let's go :)
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    okeephe wrote: »
    Would be funny, if that was a grizzly....

Actually it wouldn't be funny at all if it was a grizzly. This one went right over your head.. lol
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    SERVER IS UP!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTOOZ6tITI8V_XDUK10MApGHrBu_QPkkl_FuVBMXQA9QN3kauXDg
  • Options
    katryna29katryna29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    juxpitos wrote: »
    WHAT! i bought the dragonborn pack a week ago and i can't make a dragonborn! What's up guys, not cool.

Me neither :/
    "Yey though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the evillest thing in the valley"
  • Options
    darkgarrukdarkgarruk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    green again! :)
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    The Cleric Disciple has been replaced with the Healer’s Apprentice companion at the Grand Emporium at the vendor and the introduction quest.

Oh mY GOD WHAT
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can't select the dragon born at log in - such sadness really, really...
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    juxpitos wrote: »

Same, I got the stuffs at the claims agent. Don't want to claim on another toon for fear of getting bindlocked. Some helpful instruction please devs?
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Indeed -- Dragonborn race is not unlocked for pack purchasers. unacceptable.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    AWWWWW YEAH!

It's that time! We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow 8/14 at 7 AM PDT in preparation for the Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons update. We'll also be performing account server maintenance tomorrow which means the estimated downtime is 3 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Patch Notes: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6008373-release-notes%3A-08%2F14%2F14

Update Feats Respec (Players that have the following classes will receive a free feat respec: Control Wizard, Hunter Ranger, Guardian and Great Weapon Fighter)

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Looking for something to do during the downtime? We'll be hosting a special Tyranny of Dragons launch livestream at 7 am tomorrow and we'll be giving out awesome prizes like Dragonborn packs. Learn more here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/5006013-neverwinter-tyranny-of-dragons-livestream

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (7:00 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch Notes Added
    Update 2 (8:06 AM PDT) Maintenance is progressing as planned, still looking at the same downtime.
    Update 3 (9:00 AM PDT) Maintenance is ongoing. Patch notes have been updated. Also, we are trying to confirm this, but it appears that certain classes will be receiving a free Feat Respec with this update. Stay tuned as we confirm this.
    Update 4 (9:50 AM PDT) cross checking a few things, maintenance could be extended by a bit.
    Update 5 (10:20 AM PDT) Maintenance has been extended, could be back in the next 10 minutes or so. Will update this thread again in a few minutes. Sorry for the delay everyone.
    Update 6 (10:35 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Sorry for the delay, but now M4 is officially live!

Got the DB pack, grabbed the rewards... Cant re-roll a Dragonborn.....
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Oh mY GOD WHAT

Almost certainly because there are some dullards out there that can't tell the difference between a DC and a CD...
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    katryna29 wrote: »
    Me neither :/

Same. Money is deducted from my bank account (4 weeks ago already) and the pack and transaction shows up in my account settings. But no Dragonborn available.

The other items from the pack are available at the claims agent.
This discussion has been closed.