test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q: "What does the new patch contain?" / A: "The Mod 4 Pre-Patch!"

rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I was just playing but I had to exit the game and when I did that I saw it receiving a 2GB patch. But I can't find any topic about it and what does that patch change. Judging by its size it should be something massive. Anyone with an idea what could it be? No news on the launcher, no patch notes here on the forum...
Post edited by rado84 on

Comments

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mod 4 prepatch.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's probably the preload for Mod4, the release date is in 2 days (in past Module releases preload was actually available more than a week earlier).
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At the moment it is exactly the same as what is up on preview.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    At the moment it is exactly the same as what is up on preview.
    Some new bugs are quite unpleasant and if it goes live, no good. I hope they will release another pack of fixes before Aug, 15.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    dfnce wrote: »
    Some new bugs are quite unpleasant and if it goes live, no good. I hope they will release another pack of fixes before Aug, 15.

Nope, prepatch is already enabled, what ya see is what we're getting on launch day, any fixes/changes will happen post-release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You also get any bonus Character Slots you may have gotten.
    I went from 10 to 12 after the Patch.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    Well when i exit neverwinter completly it auto opens the launcher again and starts downloading a a.6 patch of 4991 mb ... Need help is it normal or somthing wierd going on here .... Not sure if this is the right place to post this problems . . But some good answers would be great ,
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    its the mod 4 prepatch
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    IGNORE THIS POST. Was moved and is now out of context.

It's called prepatching. It's so 500K users don't all download the whole thing at once. It's intended, so let it run, it is a good thing.

(Don't know which of my three statements the dude below me chose to argue with, but it works great for me, has since forever.)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's called prepatching. It's so 500K users don't all download the whole thing at once. It's intended, so let it run, it is a good thing.

no it's not. it will still download the patch all over again on launch day. bank on it.

just disable pre-patching, problem solved. it never worked
  • aerfonaerfon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I didn't know you could disable it, already downloaded nearly 8GB in 3 lots today :/
    edited August 2014
    it only downloads once. after the first time it doesn't redownload, just verifies it.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    no it's not. it will still download the patch all over again on launch day. bank on it.

just disable pre-patching, problem solved. it never worked
    This has never happened to me in all my years playing Cryptic Games and the reports of such on all three game's forums have been minimal, at best. Their pre-patches for STO, CO, and NWO have always done as they were supposed to for most players. Perhaps there's a reason you're having such issues, or think you're having them, while the majority do not.
    edited August 2014
    its mandated by WOTC (owner of the D&D license) that it be released on Thursday.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    This has never happened to me in all my years playing Cryptic Games and the reports of such on all three game's forums have been minimal, at best. Their pre-patches for STO, CO, and NWO have always done as they were supposed to for most players. Perhaps there's a reason you're having such issues, or think you're having them, while the majority do not.

Yeah same here ,prepatching has worked every time so far ,on module release day I only ever get the latest adjustments but certainly not the entire module .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    so it a good idea to let it patch thee pre patch as the moderator is saying ?
    edited August 2014
    yes. you may still see a patch on Thursday but it will be much smaller.
    edited August 2014
    thank you all for the good reply and insight
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    its mandated by WOTC (owner of the D&D license) that it be released on Thursday.

Yup. On the 14th the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons is coming out (well, at least the Player´s Handbook).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Which one, I've had 5 patches today? Probably due to pre-head-out-to-GENCON finishes.
    edited August 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    ok so it doesn't happen to 100%, that makes it all OK? no...

it happens to many many people. read the forums.
    edited August 2014
    lol.........

SO....... here we are, patch day... log in... 2GB patch download. completely stalled of course as 999999999999 other ppl try to Dl it.

thank goodness we all "pre" patched eh?

just.
    f@#$ing.
    LOL
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This sucks... the game's been patching for several days and today we get an unscheduled 20K patch before the secheduled patch this afternoon ~

So far about all I've seen from the patches is they've downgraded several characters making them weaker.
    DD~
This discussion has been closed.