test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blanket Banning

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
GGWP. Ban everyone who used a resonator in the last month or so. Way to build up player confidence.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It can't be just everybody , I have used them on several occasions to make my characters eyes glowy and haven't been banned ( not yet at least) although I didn't log on during the recent thing that happened , one thing to note is I didn't collect any AD , I just used them for glowy eyes lol.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if it is that simple. I would expect PWE/Cryptic could check logs with more detail than that and look for multiple uses in fairly quick succession.

How do you know this is true? Keep in mind, there are a significant amount of people who will lie to save their accounts, even people you think you know really well.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    Looks like someone got banned for exploiting and is now angry.
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope everyone banned was exploiting, but I also hope that ALL the AD of those banned accounts be removed from the game, even if its on someones else account.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like someone got banned for exploiting and is now angry.

I haven't actually (neither banned nor exploited). :P

It's just hilarious mismanagement.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope everyone banned was exploiting, but I also hope that ALL the AD of those banned accounts be removed from the game, even if its on someones else account.

I already made that suggestion through a formal communication with PWE/Cryptic. We've got to have patience, which is difficult sometimes, to see how it all washes out.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the discussion of bans is not allowed on our forums. even if you're speaking in generalities, the banning of an individual is between PWE and the individual that was banned and not up for public discussion. PWE has sole discretion in what they consider to be exploitative within the service and what actions they decide to take for such behavior.

if you have been banned and think you shouldn't have then you need to be in contact with support. there is nothing we can do about that here on the forums AND it is a violation to discuss here.

thanks. :]
This discussion has been closed.