test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Akro wants to Trade Event

vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by vteasy on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    According to Twitter, he was earlier today.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    that was fast, thanks Becky!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Might want to keep an eye on their feed if he's going to announce every time he pops in for some trades.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's a Honeypot: the event. They'd be more likely to have a PWE associated account on the receiving end if they didn't announce it was them, but maybe the legal department is making them.

Its exploitable, and has been bug reported. They must need to be on the receiving end for some data gathering about how it happens.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Anyway, I like the idea. So you could trade the angel you got from invoking for a Morte.

Don't know, but -think- it has to be from a lockbox... per "Players who have any purple companion from a lockbox can then exchange that item for any lockbox companion." -From the news post.

Edit- Emphasis added
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I am I correct in thinking that he trades any Lockbox XXXX for a BOUND YYYYY of the same nature?
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I"ll be the first to admit I'm an idiot, but how do you exploit a trade? I mean trade-hacking with the community manager.. Not a smart idea I'd say.
    Posting exploits is against the tos.

Trying it against akro would be hiding in the crowd among all the trades he will be doing. So not the best idea, but not quite as dumb as it would seem at first. Also he's a plum target, because of the lulz they would get due to being the community manager, it would be something akin to killing Lord British.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Edit- Ehh.. thought better of it.

I think the only purpose is to get people who aren't opening boxes because they don't want to get a dupe, to open more boxes. It's not a bad idea, I guess.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
    edited August 2014
    I don't think you can trade bound stuff period. so I wouldn't count on it.

So basically this allow people who have enough AD to have bought out all the cheaper BoE lockbox items to make even more AD by trading them for the more expensive ones and re-selling them?
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    One way to ensure that you're trading with the proper Akro is to look for the orange dev tage next to my chat text. :)

Do not trade to characters without an orange "Dev" tag.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    get in the game :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I managed to have a napping child when Akro was trading, and I turned the 3 rust monsters into a Black Ice Ioun Stone, Aranea, and Laughing Skull.

Judging by the way the AH has been cleared and refilled, pets and mounts are already done. I'd guess artifacts are as well.

Liked this event - fun, got some AD moving around, got me some pets I'd been wanting... I just wish that it was done in a larger instance next time. Well, that, and I wish I would have had a mount to trade (and been online for that time slot). Being capped to 15-ish players in a zone leads to some long lines.

Regardless, pretty swell event. *hattip*

But if you want to trade an Apparatus of Gond for a Heavy Mystic Nightmare, Akro, PM me. :-p
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what zone was he in that only allowed 15 players/
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014

Actually, I only traded companions today, but I'll be doing more trading of things tomorrow!

See you all in-game! :D

• azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can you log in again? I just got home and I have a phoera that wants to turn into a Pseudodragon
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Posting exploits is against the tos.

Trying it against akro would be hiding in the crowd among all the trades he will be doing. So not the best idea, but not quite as dumb as it would seem at first. Also he's a plum target, because of the lulz they would get due to being the community manager, it would be something akin to killing Lord British.

But that's the thing though, in every Ultima game Lord British is killable. He may be rather OP, but he is always killable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    One way to ensure that you're trading with the proper Akro is to look for the orange dev tage next to my chat text. :)

Do not trade to characters without an orange "Dev" tag.

There were some doubters in Neverdeath #13 this afternoon, but pointing out the orange text put 'em all at ease.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so how many times did he actually come in game and trade? just once?
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if you can't trade bound then what good is this, who gets a purple anything and doesn't use or sell it? Guess this is just to make people open a lot of lockboxes now to get something to trade, since you can't get keys from TH anymore, I guess they think people will be spending ZEN. sounds stupid to me if keys were still tradeable I'd be buying a bunch right now to sell even tho there's nothing I really want but people would be spending the ads to get keys. moving keys makes pwe zen whether I use em or sell em. Sound like PWE cut it's own purse strings. I mean for people to buy keys on the TH SOMEONE had to buy them right?
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh wow I sure hope I can catch you in game! I may actually get to trade one of my old horses for the stag or the flying disk without re-mortgaging my house :) !!
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    At which time GMT did he log in ? Seems for us Europeans the trading times would be next to impossible to make. This screws over players like me who have given you hundreds of $$ but who have a job and cannot play mmos all night.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    He was on at 1pm Central time (7pm GMT, I think).

He is also apparently going to be on throughout the duration of the Lockbox Resurgence event, so more chances are coming.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Akromatik lost all credibility with me and his wallpaper reward, I wouldn`t trade with him even if he actualy traded a very rare for a very rare like an alluring elven box for a thayan book of the dead.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why is that?? :(
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    He won't trade 'very rare' for 'very rare'. You need to read the post.

He will trade a very rare lockbox companion for a very rare lockbox companion.
    He will trade a very rare lockbox mount for a very rare lockbox mount.
    He will trade a very rare lockbox artifact for a very rare lockbox artifact.

He will only trade one item type at a time. Yesterday, he traded companions.

Later this weekend, he will be trading again. When he's trading mounts, you won't be able to trade a companion or artifact.

It's pretty simple. But, as I said to him when I saw him in Neverdeath 13 yesterday, *he* is currently a rare lockbox drop. You have to find him. There are a lot of areas in the game, and a lot of instances in most areas. You have to be on the instance he's on, and have what he's trading, to make a trade.

Good luck out there.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2014
    I bet the people who bought up the Rust Monsters and Emperor Beetles to profit from this are already biting themselves in their a**
    edited August 2014
    I bet the people who bought up the Rust Monsters and Emperor Beetles to profit from this are already biting themselves in their a**

Why? They can simply re-list at 10% higher than they bought them and still end up okay.