test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give us another way to respecc

berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Can i please respecc without buying real money on ZEN?

This is such an essential part of the game. And as it stands now, there is no chance to respecc without spending real money. Is there any possibility you can make it possible to purchase a repsecc token with AD instead of ZEN?

I have spent so much money on this game, and its really stupid that i have to spend more, just to respecc. I really dont get how such an essential item can be a real money item.
Post edited by berzergera on

Comments

• Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    ZAX exists, so you wait for respec token or pay for it. I don't see a problem with that ... in every game, there's a punishment for not thinking ahead carefully when leveling. Or just now knowing what's best while leveling. Some don't even let you respec.

Now, I wish they gave out free respec tokens upon release of major class changes -- for example, to every HR, GWF, GF, and CW in the upcoming mod4 release.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    ZAX exists, so you wait for respec token or pay for it. I don't see a problem with that ... in every game, there's a punishment for not thinking ahead carefully when leveling. Or just now knowing what's best while leveling. Some don't even let you respec.

Now, I wish they gave out free respec tokens upon release of major class changes -- for example, to every HR, GWF, GF, and CW in the upcoming mod4 release.

lol i'll never understand this mentality "choose carefully or be punished"

**** makes no sense, you don't play a game to be forced into something you don't enjoy, or didn't work out, respeccing exists to explore your options
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you need to respec everything or is it mainly your feats that need changing? if it is just the feats you can change just them for AD , i really wish they would add that for boons too.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Do you need to respec everything or is it mainly your feats that need changing? if it is just the feats you can change just them for AD , i really wish they would add that for boons too.

When you repec your feats, it includes the boons as well.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    It toke me about 8 days to get Zen when the backlog was ONLY 2 million.

Yet the fact remains you may respec a character without "spending real money."

The backlog is a separate issue altogether. If you place the order it will go through in a first come first serve basis but it may not be fast enough for your preferences. You still have the means to respec without spending real money which is exactly what the OP says there needs to be an option to do.

The backlog is a problem of it's own. It really doesn't make sense to say 'the system doesn't work because of the backlog.' Any suggestions that are reactionary to the backlog with this notion the backlog is intended is just not a sound basis for any feedback unless it is intended to reduce or resolve the backlog.
    kalindra wrote: »
    Thinking ahead?
    I beg your pardon, but it's the devs who constantly break our chars with their arbitrary changes in talents, powers and equip...

Sorry but there is a such thing as game balance and it is required in an MMO far more than in a co-op or single player game. By playing an MMO you should expect things to be tweaked in order to ensure that the game is enjoyable for everybody and this absolutely does mean that sometimes classes will be losing some of the power they have become accustomed to.

If you play an MMO you will experience this. Sorry.

Additionally free respecs are often given with any major changes to classes. Please wait for a module to be released before complaining you will need to respec a character because we have received free respecs three times in the last year.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is a free to play game. There has to be SOMETHING they force you to buy. I am fine with having to pay for respecs. This is not an issue to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you want to respec feats only, you only have to spend AD, no need for a token. Also, once you hit 60, every additional level beyond gives you the choice of another power point, so you will eventually get rank 3 for all powers.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While I am not a fan of paying real world money for respec, there are ways to get the zen. If you don't want to wait for the zen exchange, you can do the peanut lab surveys sponsored by PWE. The average that I've seen is 98 zen per survey, do 4 and you got it covered. If everything goes well, you get the zen right after the survey is completed. Do have to note that this does take some time out of your life, it's probably 15-20 minutes each. Some can be shorter/longer. Either way it's still free currency. I think they do limit you to 4-5 successful (fully completed) surveys a day. I was very skeptical at first but meh, it's adding up to a nice mount in another week (lol).
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Additionally free respecs are often given with any major changes to classes. Please wait for a module to be released before complaining you will need to respec a character because we have received free respecs three times in the last year.

Oh good. I just started playing after 6 months of break. Never been through a mod change. I was worried about my Guardian Fighter.

I put money into the game for zen. But I personally don't like spending Zen on non-permanent things. Mounts, Fashion, companainos, character slots are permanent.
    A respec? no way. Especially when some of the skills looked good when I read them but sucked when I tried it out. Knights valor comes to mind.... wasn't too impressed with Enhanced mark either.
    Or some powers sound crappy but are good so I never picked them!

While I do agree about having to think ahead. The problem is sometimes you have no idea what skills do. My guardian fighter I took Protector feats cause I wanted to tank and support my group. Apparently its like the worst choice, armour, deflect, defense, etc... seem to be bad choices in mmo's for some reason. I thought neverwinter was different.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    While I am not a fan of paying real world money for respec, there are ways to get the zen. If you don't want to wait for the zen exchange, you can do the peanut lab surveys sponsored by PWE. The average that I've seen is 98 zen per survey, do 4 and you got it covered. If everything goes well, you get the zen right after the survey is completed. Do have to note that this does take some time out of your life, it's probably 15-20 minutes each. Some can be shorter/longer. Either way it's still free currency. I think they do limit you to 4-5 successful (fully completed) surveys a day. I was very skeptical at first but meh, it's adding up to a nice mount in another week (lol).

I completed some of those surveys and they never paid out to me. It says they did, but I never got my zen and they refuse to respond to my emails about it too, so I don't trust them. Its only a lure to get you in to spend an hour doing a survey and then not giving you what they promised in my experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I completed some of those surveys and they never paid out to me. It says they did, but I never got my zen and they refuse to respond to my emails about it too, so I don't trust them. Its only a lure to get you in to spend an hour doing a survey and then not giving you what they promised in my experience.

Did you check your wallet on the perfect world website? you get the zen there then need to transfer it into neverwinter , just incase you didn't know.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Did you check your wallet on the perfect world website? you get the zen there then need to transfer it into neverwinter , just incase you didn't know.

I didn't know this. Thank you. I am going to go check right now.

edit: Ok, it does say its there, now I am having issues finding how to transfer it. I had no idea it didn't go directly into the game.

edit 2: ok. found it. thank you! The wallet link was at the bottom of the screen on the transaction history page, which is what was confusing me. I didn't scroll down far enough. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thetrueazurethetrueazure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »

Unfortunately, the surveys aren't available to all of us. They're only open to certain world locales.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    berzergera wrote: »
    Can i please respecc without buying real money on ZEN?

This is such an essential part of the game. And as it stands now, there is no chance to respecc without spending real money. Is there any possibility you can make it possible to purchase a repsecc token with AD instead of ZEN?

I have spent so much money on this game, and its really stupid that i have to spend more, just to respecc. I really dont get how such an essential item can be a real money item.

It already exists, but you just have to have patience. Put up enough AD on the ZAX to get the Zen you need to purchase the respec token. Be prepared to wait a week or slightly more, but you will eventually get your Zen. And you won't have had to spend money on it.

It is pretty simply really . . . The problem I see is that so many players have limited patience - the "I want it now" mentality is prevalent . . . :)

While you wait for your Zen, play another character a bit or read up on game guides so you'll better allocate your feat points on future/current characters . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I agree this attitude isn't helping, but some things players just expect to be available. Such as an easy, quick and always accessible way to spec your character decently for the endgame. It doesn't have to be work-free, but nor should it be put behind a system that can potentially make you wait for months, almost forcing you to spend a little money before the endgame even starts. It's a crucial moment in the game. People will not have the patience to wait that long to respec, and I can't honestly blame them.

Patience is a very important character trait in real life, especially for being successful in life (in general). Maybe this process will help teach patience to those that I assume are the younger players. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yet the fact remains you may respec a character without "spending real money."

The backlog is a separate issue altogether. If you place the order it will go through in a first come first serve basis but it may not be fast enough for your preferences. You still have the means to respec without spending real money which is exactly what the OP says there needs to be an option to do.

The backlog is a problem of it's own. It really doesn't make sense to say 'the system doesn't work because of the backlog.'.
    How long of a backlog is too long? A week? A month? A year? At some point the idea that the free players can just get respecs via the Zax becomes a farce.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Patience is a very important character trait in real life, especially for being successful in life (in general). Maybe this process will help teach patience to those that I assume are the younger players. :)

I agree on the value of patience.

That being said, I don't play games in order to wait for something (I do enough of that in RL).

I've played too many MMOs that let you respecc on the fly, so when I see Neverwinter gate this feature behind a large amount of AD or Zen it puts a really bad taste in my mouth. There are so many things that could be put in the 'cash shop' that won't bother me at all - this is not one of them.

Respeccing tokens should cost gold. However, I noticed last night that it would cost ~ 64,000 AD to respecc my feats. I can afford that, even as a brand new 60. I don't see an absolute need to respecc powers right away, and by the time I know exactly which powers I'm going to always use (for any given situation) on that class, I've acquired enough extra power points to fill in the gaps anyway.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it would be at least FAIR if cryptic made all GF/GWF/CW/HR do a FORCED respec for free... if you cant be bothered to be nice and give a free respec like you failed to do on m3 launch and pissed some of my friends to even stop playing. at least make we change powers and feats...
  • Options
    berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cant believe all this people saying "Just wait a few weeks and you can respecc".

Its an essential part of the game. And should be instantly available if you need to respecc your character to a better build. If i wait 1 month for the ZAX to give me my ZEN, the class is going to change probably and another specc will be better. This game changes alot, and classes go through drastic changes more then any MMO i have ever seen. It would just be normal of them to give us a way to respecc without spending real money until the next change comes along.

Edit: Also, its a pretty huge AD sink. So it would work pretty well for everybody
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    NW has way too much potential and fun to let people leave to the competition over something like not being able to respec in a timely manner. Nobody wants to play a broken character.

This right here is the problem. Patience might be a virtue, but it's one thing to wait a couple of weeks for your fancy new mount, and quite another when your character build gets broken by balance changes and you're stuck with that until the ZAX comes through and permits you to fix it. Not a great inspiration to keep playing.

That said, it sounds like a lot of the classes slated for changes are at least getting forced feat respecs. That probably won't affect boons though. It didn't when they went that route before.

While you don't get a power point every post-60 level, you do get them often enough that filling in any gaps isn't a hopeless prospect.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While you don't get a power point every post-60 level, you do get them often enough that filling in any gaps isn't a hopeless prospect.

What is there a limit to the number of post-60 power points you can get?
  • Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    What is there a limit to the number of post-60 power points you can get?

Kinda. You get 20 more, which is just enough to get rank 3 on every power. So, you don't need any more after 20.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Kinda. You get 20 more, which is just enough to get rank 3 on every power. So, you don't need any more after 20.

Thanks. So technically, while there IS a limit, it is high enough that you can get everything up to max Rank anyway....
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My point was more that you don't get them every time you fill the XP bucket. Sometimes you only get a peridot. But yes, you can eventually cap every power, at which point the game will not saddle you with unspendable points.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia