test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Call for Heroes

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Note: Thought I should post this into the database now that I have finalised it at its most complete version (Don't think there is anything else I can do to it.)

Author: @grimah
Quest Title: A Call for Heroes
Short Code: NW-DE4RTZEFQ
Type: Humor/RPG style

Description: This is a Journey about your character, trying to break the norms of adventuring. When an unique quest presented itself, your character journeyed to the remote mountain town of Twindletop. A place that promises heroism, fame and fortune.

Duration: 35-40 minutes, Designed and recommended for SOLO play.

Combat: moderate to challenging for the leveling player (some pot usuage). easy to moderate for a geared 60.

Humor: Light-hearted Satire and Irony with some OOC elements, Narrated in 3rd person. If you are a avid roleplayer or attached to your character this will be an uncomfortable ride. If you play this don't take things too seriously and detach yourself from your character for the duration.

Some screenies

nd0qpl.jpg

2rfxbp1.jpg

rt0r9z.jpg

Any feedback, concerns or bug reports please mail me or post here.
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
Post edited by grimah on

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks interesting. I'll try it tonight or tomorrow.
    I aim to misbehave
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I seem to be very good at making love it or hate it quests :)

I've gotten couple bad reviews but they are totally understandable, It is a very controversial take on the character. If you can not detach yourself and poke fun at your character this will be a very unpleasant experience for you, otherwise you will love it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just wanted to post an update, since it is now featured as part of the contest.

I am posting to warn players NOT to go overly crazy on jumping around on the cavern map. It is not totally jump proof, (couldn't fix these after the deadline) so just try and stay on solid ground. If you do however fall off, exit the map and rejoin it from the world map (should work).

I apologise to anyone who does fall off, I did my best to fix up all the problems but as you will see it was quite an undertaking.

And for those who have played an earlier version, the one that is up now includes some new features like options to deal with certain NPCs and encounters, as well as new items and NPC personalities. Speak to people and you could gain something useful!

I hope you can see past this issue and enjoy it as much as i have had making it.
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this looks refreshing, gotta try it now, anymore like this?
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Grimah, you did a good job. I remember when you were still working on this in the foundry... I didn't get it at at first, but once I realized what it was... I laughed out loud in real life. Very amusing the way the plot twist worked.
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)