test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140728a.3

Comments

• crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This was apparently a graphic / stability fix, not a class update ect. Can't wait to see the new changes on the next patch

A glitch with reroll that someone was talking to me about was that when he rerolled his ability to have higher CON, after he got back into the game he wasn't getting any kind of bonus from CON at all, and had less hitpoints then before he rolled and had a lower CON level.
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    This was apparently a graphic / stability fix, not a class update ect. Can't wait to see the new changes on the next patch

A glitch with reroll that someone was talking to me about was that when he rerolled his ability to have higher CON, after he got back into the game he wasn't getting any kind of bonus from CON at all, and had less hitpoints then before he rolled and had a lower CON level.

I was going to test that, but I apparently can't reroll any of my characters to do so :/.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    BUG
    After race reroll.
    sometimes game stops at retriving character and exits with timeout at log in. And reroll cancels.
    First reroll was fine. Second reroll - of even other char - fails. Could not reroll at all.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Does the extra preset that has your current appearance not keep the old one? It uses the updated version of it?

This is what my character looks like right now on live (old hairstyle)
    currentappearance.png

and these are the preset options I have to choose from
    presetappearances.png

Your current appearance doesn't show up if you're changing races, not sure if its intended or not but I'd like to be able to keep my current look with a new race.

If I try and reroll my character as an elf again, his current look show up on the presets but I was using an old hairstyle that was removed in mod three and it doesn't show up on the character like I hope it would
    foundit.png
  • justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd like to be able to keep my current look with a new race.

Same here, I'm swapping Elf Races and I hate being forced onto the new face/bodies introduced in Mod 3.
    No longer playing Neverwinter.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does the extra preset that has your current appearance not keep the old one? It uses the updated version of it?

Nope, it does exactly what the Tower of Alteration does. The preset *is* the same proportion slider/options, inasmuch as those options still exist(My eyebrows no longer exist thus they default to bushy ones), but with the new models. The change happens the moment you load to the race select, even there it shows you with the new post-Mod 3 models. Here, let me get some screenshots:

A fresh copy of my character:

veldrinpreview.jpg

Original appearance.

The race select screen:

veldrinraceselect.jpg

Note the Mod 3 appearance. He looks extra-hideous because pre-Mod 3 slider settings are not really compatible with Mod 3 face meshes in general and defaults look horrible. Also defaults for some reason to bushy-as-heck Mod 3 eyebrows as the originals are no longer extant. (Also this strips dyes/transmutes, but that's only in this interface and once back in-game post reroll your transmutes/dye are intact.)

(Skipping stat roll screen, irrelevant to topic at hand)

The Appearance Presets screen:

veldrinpresets.jpg

Now, this part is interesting. If you open that in another window so you can see it full-size and not shrunk by the forum, if you look closely, the preset portrait is actually the correct original appearance. However, the figure to the left is very clearly not. I will not click customize here and will simply continue to avoid possibly triggering anything that might force new appearances where it might not otherwise stick.

Confirmation screen:

http://www.iankunx.net/veldrinconfirmation.jpg

Still the Mod3 appearance. (Image not in-line due to image limits, plus it's not really that interesting anyway.)

Back to character select:

veldrinpreview2.jpg

As you can see, the Mod 3 appearance was carried through. And he now really needs a trip to the Tower of Alteration, because those eyebrows and proportions are horrid.

So, yeah. It's... Kind of there? I mean, it is using the same selections and slider settings, but defaulting to Mod 3 items where the original no longer exists, and that appearance preset portrait is right, but the results are... Not quite what we were hoping for.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    BUG
    After race reroll.
    sometimes game stops at retriving character and exits with timeout at log in. And reroll cancels.
    First reroll was fine. Second reroll - of even other char - fails. Could not reroll at all.
    Did you change character name the first time but not the other times?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When are the latest changes to CW's going to the preview shard? As it stands now, my renegade is dead and a thaum does half the damage my renegade does on live. Both are unacceptable. I am eager to test the changes and decide whether to continue investing any more time into my Wizard. Update please.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    When are the latest changes to CW's going to the preview shard? As it stands now, my renegade is dead and a thaum does half the damage my renegade does on live. Both are unacceptable. I am eager to test the changes and decide whether to continue investing any more time into my Wizard. Update please.

Take from the OP in this thread -
    This update is primarily to test some performance and stability changes in a more live and busy environment. There is still currently a planned update for later this week that will have other gameplay and polish fixes.

So either tonight or tomorrow probably.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    A new version is being posted at 6pm.

Also, it looks like we will be unable to support keeping old appearances pre module 3 nor can it keep the same appearance between different races since their character data is setup very different despite sharing a some hairstyles and tattoos. This is currently a tech limitation.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is great news Panderus. Looking forward to digging into this build as soon as the server is back up. Just 7 more days before the big push. OMG I got do all this again...haha...I must enjoy...well no matter

Now please get the patch notes posted...so we can start nit-piking..ahem I mean testing.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Also, it looks like we will be unable to support keeping old appearances pre module 3 nor can it keep the same appearance between different races since their character data is setup very different despite sharing a some hairstyles and tattoos. This is currently a tech limitation.

Aww. I was hoping a fix could be found. No chance of maybe somehow enabling a toggle for the old customization to just load those things instead, like basically having a customize and a legacy customize(Well, probably too much work)? Or passing along the idea of just a stat reroll as an item?
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

what exactly does this all mean?
    edited August 2014
    What's changed on the new version of the patch?
    animalust wrote: »
    You have to update your appearance to the new setup, you can't keep the old stuff.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    animalust wrote: »

If you characters appearance is based on items removed from character creation when they released mod 3 a reroll will not allow you to keep the appearance even if same race (those items no longer exist in the creator data). No matter what changing race will not allow for a preset to be stored even if post mod 3 items used.
    edited August 2014
    I just logged onto preview and got a 85MB patch , did they do a patch last night?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think so. Logging in this morning (Europe) it didn't patch. Hope they'll send it out today.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited August 2014
    Hm that's weird because I have been on preview every day this week so I was up to date then today I logged on and got a 85MB patch , very strange.
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Hm that's weird because I have been on preview every day this week so I was up to date then today I logged on and got a 85MB patch , very strange.

He posted a new version of the previous patch, I think.

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did you change character name the first time but not the other times?

I was rerolling first time - just a power points. Worked. Second time - rename and race. Failed. Tried on a different copy of original one - does not work at all .Even powers rolls only. Same for different character. So for now - only one first successful re-roll for account.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Any chance on removing item decay from black ice gears its not like we want to farm BI forever together with m4 stuff.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My HR was on the third leg of the Ebon Downs quest, and after the most recent patch she has only completed the first leg of the graveyard quests. Was part of that patch a mini-rollback?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited August 2014
    lol what is happening on preview? I just logged in and got another 1026MB patch but no patch notes are posted ,is this just happening to me or anybody else?
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    500(ish) MB for me
    edited August 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    500(ish) MB for me

Why is there no patch notes , you have any idea?
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dragonborn now on Preview

But wont Allow you more than seeing it unless you have purchased it

IS this a bug ?
  • lsternlstern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They implemented languages, i play in german
    14.Dec.14Bye bye Neverwinter!
    edited August 2014
    Dragonborn now on Preview

But wont Allow you more than seeing it unless you have purchased it

IS this a bug ?

It's been like that since before yesterdays patch , you can choose the race and mess about with how it looks but cannot continue to class selection , pressing the continue button send you to the purchase page.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It's been like that since before yesterdays patch , you can choose the race and mess about with how it looks but cannot continue to class selection , pressing the continue button send you to the purchase page.

Can click on character race only Cant mess about or check Colours/Skales/Ornaments etc I also deleted my GWF as i didnt know we were getting race reroll token also :( need to see if they can restore it or go from 1-60 again
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    Ok, one thing in the current Preview Status: Server no longer requires you to sit down and wait for the cooldown for 15 Seconds when you change characters.
This discussion has been closed.