test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

cw draconis set 4/4 gives 10% recharge speed to Allies - What a HAMSTER set bonus

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
As above ,

that may be slightly useful when in a party ( as the support character they are now trying to make us play as ) , but what about when the cw is soloing any content .
That is NOT useful in the slightest for a cw for the majority of their playing time .
C'mon get a grip and make it at least a semi useful full set bonus .
I don't know what the bonuses on the other sets are , but I bet at least they are a lot better than this .
Just checked GWF and its similar -increase allies armour pen by 3% .
These are a joke for set bonuses for when the characters are doing solo work .

Please tell me that these are NOT finalised .
Post edited by pelgrax on

Comments

• Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well then don't use it solo.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gman118 wrote: »
    Well then don't use it solo.

Probably a new player that doesn't understand that we have been using the same t2 gear for like a whole year and every time that there is a new module we have been expecting an useful PvE set so we can finally consider it an upgrade but instead we have to keep using the same gear again and again...

OT, the GWF set must be the worst one, almost every player have ArPen capped for PvE which makes the bonus useless, however, we still need to check how good are the new overload enchantments, maybe these can make a difference.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm Not a new player , been in it now for over a year .
    Just not impressed with the set bonuses .
    The new mod 4 enchantments can also go into the BI armour as well so they may get used more than they currently are ( they're also a disappointment compared to the BiS sets everyone currently uses )
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    pelgrax wrote: »
    I'm Not a new player , been in it now for over a year .
    Just not impressed with the set bonuses .
    The new mod 4 enchantments can also go into the BI armour as well so they may get used more than they currently are ( they're also a disappointment compared to the BiS sets everyone currently uses )

I quoted the guy so the comment about "new player" was for him because his comment was... you know, it wasn't for you. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I could see it being useful in organized 20-man raids and 50-man open world wars.......except both are non-existent in this game so I agree OP
  • Options
    bowlcuttinerbowlcuttiner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel like every module the untradable campaign t2 gear is getting worse and worse...
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wait for the nerf to HV and this one will not look that bad....
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I quoted the guy so the comment about "new player" was for him because his comment was... you know, it wasn't for you. :)

Actually nothing close to new player,I have 12 characters(2 more character slots open) and My first character I have 324 ardent coins on him(spent 8 so total=332)
    I dont care about armour sets,i care about content,though i do agree the GWF one is the worse but like i said keeping the same armour is no big deal or if your tired of an armor set just use a diffrent one.
  • Options
    nathanmehew2435nathanmehew2435 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wait for the nerf to HV and this one will not look that bad....
    The HV set works as intended and not bugged/overpowered in any way it will NOT be nerfed for unnecessary reasons.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    The HV set works as intended and not bugged/overpowered in any way it will NOT be nerfed for unnecessary reasons.

You mean like 2 previous BiS Sets for the GF? Believe me, they WILL be coming for it. If people don't use the 'grind for it and refuel it' Sets enough in the future, expect them to downwards tweak Sets until the 'grind for it' sets are better than the current BiS.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I think it will. I´m in your same boat anyway. As an HR I use the Royal Guard set and the 4/4 boon is so good there´s no reason for me to use a black ice set outside Kessell´s (I have both, but still missing one of the two main-hands, grrrrr....) and probably Royal Guard will be nerfed too.
    This, unless the new overload enchantments become so good that it makes sense to move to one of the sets that can use them.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think it will. I´m in your same boat anyway. As an HR I use the Royal Guard set and the 4/4 boon is so good there´s no reason for me to use a black ice set outside Kessell´s (I have both, but still missing one of the two main-hands, grrrrr....) and probably Royal Guard will be nerfed too.
    This, unless the new overload enchantments become so good that it makes sense to move to one of the sets that can use them.

Same applies to DCs and the HP set. I think the majority of "high-end" DCs use that set for PvE group content (Kessel's retreat excluded), as none of the T2/2.5 sets are anywhere near as good for PvE as that humble T1 set. I was hoping for an upgrade in Module 4, but instead we got just another set with a healing bonus. Ah, well...maybe Module 5.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree that the new sets always sucks compared to HV. They really need to put some more effort to come up with something new that is atleast as good as HV.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I agree that the new sets always sucks compared to HV. They really need to put some more effort to come up with something new that is atleast as good as HV.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. 'Buff everything that isn't on par with BiS' has led to the WoW syndrome - Everything is over the top to a ridiculous degree.
    Lets say, another over the top 4/4 Setbonus, Avatar of War. 1350 Power and Recovery each. Getting it started is a bit annoying, but once it is running and you can 'Leeroy' from Mobgroup to Mobgroup, it is extremely easy to maintain.
    A Destroyer, with the usual 25% of ArP and Recovery pumped into Power even gets another 337 Power, so the Setbonus is a 10% Damagebonus for them.
    What is better than that? A 'true' T3 Set? Nope, when the new T3 Set isn't pushing at least 10% more Damage (In fact even more than that due to AP gain and Recharge Speed from Recovery ), it will not be considered 'Best in Slot' and will only be used as Collection fodder. So that means: True T3 Set with now 1800 Power and Recovery on its 4/4? Or 1350 Power, 1350 Recovery, 1350 Defense?

The nail that stands out is beaten in. Cut down the 'Best in Slot' Sets, or rather, their disproportionate 4/4 Bonuses by a third, then bring every other Set up to THAT new ceiling, as a compromise.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People need to stop focusing on just the new stuff.

What about MC, VT, BI sets? or the other T2 sets, T1s..

There is just 1 set that stands far ahead out of the rest. They need to release a rework patch for all those other sets, I wish they sets just boosted different playstyles rather than +damage. e.g. HV reduces steal time channel time instant. shadow weaver turns shard of avalanche into a black ball that sucks in instead of pushes out, illibruyren makes 3rd strike of chilling cloud root targets. and same for other classes.

Those are just random brainstorms, just the kinda approach i'd rather see.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    I'm behind your suggestion, and I don't even play a CW! :)

Would be cool effects honestly...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    grimah wrote: »

I like those kind of ideas , they are kind of similar to the artifact weapons but even if they did this you would just get people complaining about why the set they favor hasn't got as much crit or power than that other set they don't really want to use lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I like those kind of ideas , they are kind of similar to the artifact weapons but even if they did this you would just get people complaining about why the set they favor hasn't got as much crit or power than that other set they don't really want to use lol

The polar opposite of T2/+ PvP sets might work well. Same stat allocation, different set bonus instead of same set bonus with different stat allocations.

The big complaint about the PvP gear is that the set bonuses are boring/useless and everyone usually goes for the same set since only one of them has the "best" stats (unless your build or accessories are atypical).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm assuming the CW gets the bonus, as well...or are we complaining that 10% recharge speed is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> across the board?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the CW gets the bonus, as well...or are we complaining that 10% recharge speed is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> across the board?

I'd bet it is the latter. It isn't OP, so it sucks.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Well i don't know if it stacks with other recharge speed bonuses,but whether i can fire a spell every 9 secs instead of 10 ,doesn't make much difference to me.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.