test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Changes

Comments

• mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Feedback

Tab Mark: When using this on an opponent with Fey thistle you will take damage and proc the dread t4 boon to cause more damage on top was able to lower my hp by tabbing an hr with 40% deflect with the fey thistle boon.

On another note the gwf should not be getting 20% mitigation since theirs lasts for a full 20 secs they also gain more Combat Advantage damage. If this stays the same our tab is being copied just like the iron vanguard was in the first place please can you give consideration that the gwf will be attaining full damage that much easier if they have 20% mitigation not to mention the ca damage. I would suggest lowering it to 10% as they have a permanent mark for 20 secs while gfs requires a separate animation to apply said mark and it does not last as long.

The short version, gwf mark only gives 10% mitigation.

Yes this is the Guardian fighter feedback thread but this is a problem when our original tab ability is being given to another class who got nerfed which then gets to much of a buff by giving them the same mark. Mod 2 all over again with our tab but even worse.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    my feedback is that gwf should not get our mark, we should both get marks or something but why do they basically have a better version of our tab ? There tab gives them so much more than us anyway, gaining amazing DR then temp hitpoints and cc immune and we just get a little more dmg to compare with there natural dps anyway, and now they get the mark too ? I don't get it.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just tested stun durations with greater elven and perfect elven. Neither reduced the duration at all.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    cc durations are tooo long. Also it doesnt show "block" when i am guarding.
    edited August 2014
    Feedback
    Why is a stat like aoe resist on gfs dexterity? we should have a crit chance % on one of our stat attribute. from str,dex,con etc.
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Crush, I'd like to ask a few question, I don't expect any answers but I hope to get one from you and players comments on it. And before anyone goes with in pvp this and that....I DON'T PVP NOR I WILL PVP, IT'S PURE PVE POINT OF VIEW (not that pvp GF players don't deserve the love they have being needing)

1. If we GF's are the "tank-defender" of the game, why gwf can have even better DEFENSIVE stats than us. Or better scaling or w/e the word it is.

2. Why our MARKS have to disappear once we are hit (don't know if that was changed now), if we generate threat to mark targets it's a bit hard to do it when they are gone, they should last at least 5 seconds and that's just a really little time.

3. Our mobility is so slow and little and we have to stop to use ITF, which should be while moving. Shouldn't we have better mobility since we are the ones that are in the middle of everything. I honestly feels sometimes that I'm slowing the party...again sometimes.

4. I truly enjoy using cleave, BUT it needs to hit more targets (my opinion guys, don't scream yet). I'm pretty sure you know how mobs spread out, and you have to reposition yourself to get them together AND to not give them CA, and we can attack while moving, well know one can. But the thing is that we can hit only a few while gwf/HR/CW (and don't know if SW will be capable of this, anyone let me know please) hit ALL targets right at the beginning of the pull. So if I haven't hit any target, they will just go away, and yes I know ET hits them all and marks them, but I have to keep constantly hitting them, any chance of sometime like increasing the amount of mobs you can hit, or getting a better at-will?

5. Not a question but a thank you, it was about time you made a difference in HP between tanks and the rest.

Had a big list of questions but I'm not at home and kinda in a hurry. And besides, most of my question were already being asked by most players here, or you have answered them without even being asked. Thanks in advance.
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014

1-shielded resurgence/ Grit / take measure the recovery effect and temporary HP needs to be increased at least to 10% or 15 % because in the game there are classes that are not main tanks and can recover a greater amount of HP (like HR or GWF). Without considering it has other benefits to survive as deflect, unstoppable, life steal, dodge, etc.

2-potent challenge feat can be changed to increase the duration of the mark or to increase the range and damage of eforced threat. Because we already have enchanced mark and others skill to help us maintain agroo

3-daunting challenge This feat also requires a change to some other buff beneficial idk like mini singularity.

4-crushing pin requires an increase in the duration of action is too low 3 seconds try 5 seconds and the effect also benefit party members

5-Brawling Warrior KV and has a bonus of DR .. 5% more is a waste of points CHANGE IT please

6-terrifying menace 1 sec stun is very short can up to 2 sec
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Seems like GFs are killing anyone 1v1 now.

That's not necessarily a bad thing for a class to be that strong 1v1 (HRs are in mod3), but GFs will probably also be the best class to have in group fights.

Instead of trolling teams stacked with GWFs we're probably going to see trolling teams stacked with GFs.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I don't know if it's fixed on Preview but in live with steel defence we are supposedly immune to damage and I died with a Whirlwind of Blades from a TR like 0.5 seconds after I used a daily, I know they ignore DR and Deflect with WoB, but we are supposedly immune to damage for 5 seconds (Rank 3).
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »

I don't know if it's fixed on Preview but in live with steel defence we are supposedly immune to damage and I died with a Whirlwind of Blades from a TR like 0.5 seconds after I used a daily, I know they ignore DR and Deflect with WoB, but we are supposedly immune to damage for 5 seconds (Rank 3).

Some powers go through, like you said, so its a coding priority, obviously TR things like WoB and SE will pierce....
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Feedback: Haven't had the chance to read the GWF patch notes lately, but I noticed that their Marks are pretty much just like our TAB Mechanic... too much, in fact. I usually do not think about these sort of things like this, but would it be possible to add another utility to the GF's Tab Mechanic? Like a permanent Hard Taunt, or a utility that reduces the incoming damage our allies take from opponents Marked with our Tab Mechanic?

Because as it stands right now, GWF Marks feel superior over the GF Marks as ours go away whenever we are struck while not holding up our Shield. It is also ironic that the GFs, who have Mark as their Tab Mechanic, have less Marking powers and Marking effects compared to the GWF who have a diverse set of effects for their Marks, depending if they use IBS or DS. They also get a lot of Threat Generation buffs from the Sentinel Tree, while GFs don't get that much. Thought GWFs are supposed to be off-tanks, but they seem an awful lot like a full-blown tank that nukes too.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Guys (and Gals), let's bear in mind a couple of things...

Sentinel GWFs are designed to be capable of being an Off-tank or Support Tank. In order for them fill that role successfully they will need an effective Marking system. Should it be better than ours? I don't believe so. However, i'd hate to have to rely on a Sentinel GWF to successfully hold aggro in an Off-tank capacity only to find out that, while i'm tanking something else, they can't handle it and either i or the party end up wearing the aggro.

Let's think about what is best overall for the game with a view to how our class fits into it.

The thing to consider with other classes getting higher Deflect Chance than a GF is often that they wear lighter armour. As anyone that has played some pen and paper versions knows, the lighter the armour the more dexterity can be applied. So, should a rogue be able to deflect more damage? Certainly. Imagine an attacker in full plate wielding a huge great axe swinging at a rogue. The rogue could tumble through his legs and avoid it, however if he cannot, he uses his quick reflexes and great mobillity to catch the haft of the weapon between his crossed daggers and, using the attacker's momentum, slides the blow past him. However, this is not before the rogue feels a slight cut on his cheek as the axe blade goes sailing past him. Now, could a GF have done something like that? It's not really very common to see a shield using plate wearer do something like that or act in that manner. However, that is not to say that it isn't possible to become something reasonably similar.

I have a GF currently with over 33.3% Deflect Chance. Would i like it to be higher? Certainly. I would love for it to be as high as a GWF's. However, they don't wear full plate. They don't have a shield. Should that impact on how easy it is for a GF to deflect a blow? To an extent. Unfortunately, there is only so many spikes, flanges, ridges and grooves that you can ascribe to armour and a shield that will let you justify a larger Deflect.

The other thing to consider is whether an increase in our Deflect Chance really going to make any real improvement on our ability to take damage? No to any large degree. The only thing that will really increase our capacity to take more damage is an increase to the Deflect Severity. Should that be increased? I don't believe it should from a class perspective, as any changes can have a significantly drastic reaction and consequence.

So...

Feedback: Increase Deflect Severity and Deflect Chance from Dexterity
    I have previously posted that I thought increasing the Deflect Severity to 75% would be a good improvement for the GF. After more careful consideration and research, I have realised that any increase to the Severity would be unbalanced, although the Dread Ring Boon “Illusion Shimmer” does actually need to be 'fixed' to provide an actual +3% to Deflection Severity so that the total is 53%. The reason for my change of perspective is that TRs gain the 75% Severity due to having low AC and Dex as a primary stat. TRs are, and should be, naturally swift at parrying/deflecting blows before their armour is required to mitigate damage. This does not mean that GFs should not be entitled to any increase in Deflection as, quite often, most GF equipment is specifically designed through the use of grooves, spikes, grills, blades etc. to catch, redirect or deflect weapon attacks.

Overall, GFs do require more work to increase their survivability and I believe that increasing the Deflection Chance is necessary. I believe that doubling the Deflection Chance bonus gained from Dexterity (to “1%” per point) would be sufficient. The increase to Deflection Chance will be a maximum of ~+8.5% (fully buffed with a base 25 Dexterity at 60). This would effectively mean that a specifically geared GF (with a previous 36.5% Deflect Chance – almost impossible to achieve) could reach ~45% Deflection Chance, but reaching this total would entail all defence enchantments and equipment (including Companion and their equipment and enchantments) would have to be specifically Deflect focussed. This would place the GF's Deflect Chance on a level very close to that of a fully Deflect Chance specced Sentinel GWF. Currently it is reasonably possible now on Live to obtain a 33.3% Deflect Chance with a GF. There is a small but noticeable increase in survivability between the 33.3% and more common ~16%. I believe that an increase to a potential 45% will greatly increase survivability of a specifically Deflect specced GF in both PVE and PVP environments and would increase a non-specifically Deflect specced GFs (for example a Conqueror or Tactician) Deflect Chance to an average 20-25%.

However, these changes, combined with the easy capability to max out DR, would likely mean we would be getting very close to the 100% mitigation and sort of defeats Gentleman Crush's initial concept of a GF that takes steady damage. So, although any increase in Deflect Chance would be nice, i wouldn't be holding my breath for it.

So what do we do with Mark?
    k4neon wrote: »
    I wish the mark would not disappear straight away but a timer of 3 seconds after the first hit against you to allow you to build threat

While the new improvements are great, I think they don’t quite go far enough, especially when you compare them to the capabilities of every other class. What I would like to see (suggestion initially posted by another - Gomziel) happen is that the Tab is turned into a War Cry like function where it will Mark a highlighted target the same as it does now and places Temporary Marks on all enemies/NPCS within a 20 foot radius of the GF that will disappear 3 seconds after the marked targets hit the GF. If no target is selected it is purely an AoE damage-less soft taunt. Ideally, this would also grant some temporary hitpoints for 3-5 seconds too, but I won’t push my luck too far! However, as suggested above, all Marks should last at least a temporary 3 seconds before disappearing. I'd also like to have the Tab single target Mark permanent unless Tab is used to specifically Mark another different single target. I don't believe any temporary Marks should convey any debuffs to a target though as these should purely be used when in moments where you need to build threat super fast (i.e. AoE Tab Mark + Enforced Threat = NPCs glued to GF) and when initially pulling as it would work extremely well with Enhanced Mark to build a small amount of threat over a small amount of time.
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Request for Feedback
    Gentleman Crush, can you please confirm how Barkshield, Augmented Thayan Bastion and Purified Absorption will work with the new Guard system?

One thing i am rather concerned about is the viability, effect and general applicability of certain bubble and absorb like effects for GFs with the new Guard system.

With the current Live Block system, bubbles that absorb damage such as Barkshield, Augmented Thayan Bastion and Purified Absorption take effect on damage before it applied to the Guard Meter and thus effectively increased the duration of the Guard Meter. With the new proposed system on PTR, as the Guard Meter duration is not affected by damage, having the bubbles /absorbs affect damage before applying to the Guard is a complete waste. If the bubbles / absorbs took effect on only the 20% damage that the Guard let through then that at least would be a vast improvement.

My preference is for the bubbles and absorbs to take effect after Guard Deflect such as:

Raw Damage>Guard>DR>Deflect>Bubbles/Absorbs>DR>Deflect>Damage Received.

This may enormously assist in increasing the survivability of the GF and actually make those bubbles and absorbs with their ‘durations’ more applicable and useful. However, i realise that this may make the GF rather invulnerable, so even something like below would be okay:

Raw Damage>Guard>Bubbles/Absorbs>DR>Deflect>DR>Deflect>Damage Received.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug:

Grifon's Wrath stun duration is at preview far less than one sec while it should be 1,5 secs.I think that it is still 0.75 secs as it is on live
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    BUG:

Griffons wrath stun duration doesn't seem to be what it says, its hardly stunning anyone I fight and during me using it they can get prones in on me.

Bull charge sometimes doesn't prone people.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think Knights Challenge still needs to revert from the toggle. As it is right now, it negates any weakness that it gives by making it toggable, where we already have significant buffs now that actually made knights challenge toggle a nessecity before. wfor what we can now do with the new buffs.
    edited August 2014
    FEEDBACK
    PROFOUND SET DOES NOT GIVE 25% MORE STAMINA OR 25% LESS LOSS TO STAMINA!!

bug
    PROFOUND SET DOES NOT GIVE 25% MORE STAMINA OR 25% LESS LOSS TO STAMINA!!
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dont make Knights Challenge toggable. It should be a high risk high reward encounter. Right now, its just high reward!
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dont make Knights Challenge toggable. It should be a high risk high reward encounter. Right now, its just high reward!

I actually agree!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited August 2014
    Steel Grace, nor Greater Elven, nor Perfect Elven work...Steel Defense freaking blows. And Guarded Assault isn't returning freaking any damage now. I know it just got a nerf because one guy got crushed, but I think "Crush" may need to look at it, it's not returning anything lol.

Not to mention, Fey Thistle gets eaten up by colds shoulder like half the time, same with Guarded Assault, so I am glad we got 15% damage, but it really doesn't do anything. Except to some CW's. Any chance we could get 10% and it be unmitigatable? And also get Steel Defense fixed???? Kinda is the only reason to go swordmaster.
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bug: Griffon's Wrath
    When I press the key to activate this power once, it hits twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014

You hit the move, block cancel, you lose one charge.
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2014
    freshour wrote: »

You hit the move, block cancel, you lose one charge.

The release of mod 4 on August 15 is looking bleaker and bleaker. Currently, there are dozens of GF functions which aren't working as intended, not to mention all the enchant issues.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
    edited August 2014
    feedback
    steel grace does not work on any of the control wizards cc. and doesnt even counter orb of imposition. steel defense does not make you immune to dmg.

bug
    The pvp set doesnt work with the new stamina bar we have. The grim, profound dont give more stamina or reduce loss to stamina.

Mod4 is just around the corner please can you fix the skills?
    edited August 2014
    BTW guys stun duration can be deflected. so that is another good thing for the high deflect classes like gwfs and hr.
  • otong39otong39 Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    bug
    The pvp set doesnt work with the new stamina bar we have. The grim, profound dont give more stamina or reduce loss to stamina.

Mod4 is just around the corner please can you fix the skills?

YES! I noticed this too, I didnt see any difference in stamina when using my Profound. I have BI gear too, I've tested with BI gear, didnt see any difference.

BUG

Profound set doesnt give more stamina.

Please fix it ASAP, I have BI gear but I still feel Profound is the best gear for me in PvP. So please!
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited August 2014

With the new dungeons and content in pve and new improved classes in pvp,the healing of GFs need some serious buffs.

Shielded Resurgence:as this is an early feat for the sake of "balance"let it be in its sad state as it is.

Grit:1/2/3 % is too low for today content and for Mod4.Increase this at least to 4/8/12%

Take Measure:1/2/3/4/5 is again too low for today's and future content.Increase that to 2/4/6/8/10% or alternatively reduce the current icd to 30 secs.

• dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Hi,

Just tested my gf now and... isn't crushing surge dealing like OMG so much damage? I have a noobish 10k gs conqueror and the at will is critting for 4k? With the animation increased speed + damage, the skill deals double the cleave damage! maintain the healing and lower overall damage in 20%. It's clearly overperforming as a At-will
  • tjlongshottjlongshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so i was in epic Lair of Lostmauth (on the actual lostmauth) and ive noticed that when proned, it takes about 3 seconds to get the shield working after the prone wears off. this happened on multiple occasions, and every single time caused a wipe. this bug need to be fixed. if they are going to have a 3s icd on shield, then they need to make us more cc immune.
    Defiant. Never back down from the opposition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    http://s13.postimg.org/dfjbfboon/Crushing_Surge.png

There it is, I used enforced threat to mark, and had 5 stacks of reckless. No into the fray, no challenge. I don't think you should compare crushing surge with aimed shot, the HR would only land 1 tops agains anyone and I'm sure the is someone with double my dps, doing very hi sustained damage. I even remember a video post in the forums in witch the player go lols about CS. Yes, I think its overperforming, cleave has feat backup and deals half the damage, I'll try to post a video comparing it with my noobish destroyer GWF sure strike, I'm almost sure GS outdpses Sure Strike.