test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's mount for you?

vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to know what do people think about while purchasing a mount. Luxury or just the way to move faster?
Post edited by vasdamas on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have (generally) one mount per character. That's all I need ... Now, if mounts had a separate inventory tab, like companions, I might consider collecting them, but once you have one fast mount, others are useless except as status symbols or for RP purposes ... yea, that's my one exception - I have two mounts for my Dwarf GF - a fast (Zen, account-wide) mount for getting around fast, and an armored boar, because it just looks neat.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As long as it is 110% I don't care what it looks like.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    As long as it is 110% I don't care what it looks like.

this.. I dont care what anyone rides into a dom match, just prefer a 110% mount. 80% is ok for classes mostly going to 2.

Nothing is more dreadful then watching some dude running to 3 with a 50% mount, If im winning by a wide margin, Ive trolled around him in my cheetah.

I got the cheetah because it went on sale once.. that was my massive reason.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I want to go faster than the free mounts. I don't want to ride anything silly. So I ride a warhorse. I like account unlocks. That is all.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My suggestion is to wait for sales.. live with the free mount if you want, but its actually one of the things I think is a "reasonable" purchase from thier zen store.

1. A account wide mount is for all of your toons, as many as you make.
    2. Its fast.

My cheetah went on sale for like 20 bucks once, so thats why I have it.

I did get the jello mount at one time as well, just because the first day it was so ridiculously cheap I couldn't help myself (500 zen) that's the cheapest 80% I saw.

But when your actually in game time is limited a 110% is a life saver, it cuts down travel in zones by over wide margin and lets you do dailies in about half the time. All good things!

Truth be told, I think tensers disc is the coolest looking thing around! Thats the only mount Ive ever seen and said, man wish I had it.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    110% speed Stormrider Horse. Why? Cheapest purple and account wide.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

yupp, even before sales it was and still is a decent deal. (at 500ad per Z it's a bit pricey but still worth it if u got alts).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love my shadow wolf so much i made at 110%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Badly-designed poll -> missing option 4, which I choose: ALL OF THE ABOVE.

It's always partly about the 'show-off' factor. Of all the mounts I have it's difficult to choose which I like the best. Buyer's remorse on the Ghost Horse (I hate it). But I do like my Heavy Armored Spider a lot. However my favorites will have to be the Dusk Unicorn and definitely the Lord's Armored Polar Bear. These two (artwork-wise) are freakin' gorgeous. And the plus is they are already 110% full Rank III mounts.

Honorable mention for the Emperor's Giant Beetle/(regular Giant Beetle) - the jump and spacebar animations are the best I've seen to date.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Dappled Riding Horse is seriously beautiful, though I haven't upgraded it because I am cheap.

We're missing an option where mounts are an aesthetic choice, regardless of whether they indicate the rider is "rich".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tajah23tajah23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 32
    edited August 2014
    I've never, ever paid for cosmetic upgrades in any game. ever. but for some reason I saw the armored bear & went "OMG I NEED THAT"
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I wanted a mount I liked the look of, so I bought an emperor beetle, not knowing at the time though that if I got a mount on the zen market, it would be usable by all my chars :/
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love my shadow wolf so much i made at 110%

LOL! I am working toward that as well on one of my toons - only 80% now, but almost have the AD to upgrade!

Mostly, I do what many others do - look for cheap purple mount on sale. I got the cheetah for some of my toons and warhorse for others.

Yes, I have a few accounts - wish I could combine some, but that would be a nightmare for Cryptic, and heck they make more money from me this way . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All 4 of my characters have millions of AD in enchants, but ride 50% mounts because 110% mounts cost too much vs their usefulness. My dwarf has a boar because it looks cool, but my elves would not be caught dead riding one. Neither would any of my toons ride an Apparatus, Cube, Beetle or any of the other mounts that I think look stupid. No way am I spending $25-$40 on something that is mostly cosmetic (especially now that I see how quick they are to trash a class I've spent a bundle on). When I have AD to spend and I look at mounts, I always decide that money is better spent on enchants or at least a companions active bonus.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I really want this particular mount.. but i dont know which rank / which horse it is.. can anyone help?

Under Collection tab, of the one under title "Horse from distant lands".. the one that's featured and white colored & standing up...
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tajah23 wrote: »
    I've never, ever paid for cosmetic upgrades in any game. ever. but for some reason I saw the armored bear & went "OMG I NEED THAT"

Me too! Riding it with the Yeti Hunter suit and the Owl flying beside me, makes me feel like a real Barbarian...
    Now I only need a White Dye pack to complete the picture , wait... that´s not available yet :(
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honorable mention for the Emperor's Giant Beetle/(regular Giant Beetle) - the jump and spacebar animations are the best I've seen to date.

I'm happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but winter sled has the best space bar animation of all time. I mean come on, you do a rollercoaster loop-the-loop with your arms up in a magical sled.

For me, it's mostly just a transport. I got the one I liked best(Dawn Unicorn, from Hero of the Feywild pack), but yeah, it's a way to get there much faster and spend less time derping around between places and keep up in GG PvP. Plus, sparklehorse.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    I really want this particular mount.. but i dont know which rank / which horse it is.. can anyone help?

Under Collection tab, of the one under title "Horse from distant lands".. the one that's featured and white colored & standing up...

This is probably the Snowswift Horse which you can get for 270 ardent coins, they are BOE so you can buy someone else's for AD, as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Snowswift isn't even under that tab. Looking at the zen store it appears to be the Medium Palamino, when you look at the zoom in it's wearing the same armor.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    For me, my choice isn't represented as I choose Mounts as though they are Companions. Which all are chosen for how they'd fit into my characters' backgrounds and lore. The White Tiger for example; I chose this for my main character, 'Old Zeb' who is fond of felines and wears the contrasting white/black of the ancient Mystryllan faith. This beast represents his devotion and helps sybolize that ancient aspect Mystryl, while fitting in perfectly with his background and lore, as I wrote it in my PnP Campaign. I only use that mount on 3 characters, my main, his son, and someone from his past that is in Neverwinter, as though the White Tiger is the same companion, aiding these three individuals as it pleases, for whatever it's reasons may be.

So, that's the jist of how I choose a companion, whether it be a Mount or a "Companion." Looks really are only a factor when lore and background are key components and from a role-playing perspective.. the mounts (and companions) choose my characters.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My initial mounts were the gold horses through the stable. Then I saved for the Guardian pack and that horse (lvl 3) was perfect - I like the pseudo-realism and to me a horse fits the role-playing part of my MMORPG experience as I do not really like the other types. To me they spoil the immersion slightly.

Exception: When Drow came in I saved like a crazy man for the HoTN pack (thanks for the 33% discount on that - saved two months!) as I wanted the Heavy Armoured Spider for my Drow DC. This was mainly for the look and feel for RP purposes, with her Drow merc companion and mount she looks the business. I want the disk though - even better for a senior Drow priestess.

And one more point - join the DWRL campaign today! (Drows Want Riding Lizards)
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A mount is just something to ride. But when i buy a mount its a way to show off how rich i am. So its kinda both because until you buy one its just a mount but once your gonna buy, you might as well get the one you want to show off.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    All 4 of my characters have millions of AD in enchants, but ride 50% mounts because 110% mounts cost too much vs their usefulness. My dwarf has a boar because it looks cool, but my elves would not be caught dead riding one. Neither would any of my toons ride an Apparatus, Cube, Beetle or any of the other mounts that I think look stupid. No way am I spending $25-$40 on something that is mostly cosmetic (especially now that I see how quick they are to trash a class I've spent a bundle on). When I have AD to spend and I look at mounts, I always decide that money is better spent on enchants or at least a companions active bonus.
    If you have the AD, which you say you have plenty of in your enchants, convert it to zen and get an account wide purple for 2500 (the cheapest purple mount). It's worth the time saving if you have multiple characters running around Sharandar/Dread Ring/Icewind Dale, doubly so if you're getting knocked off your mount from enemies due to having a lower level mount.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you have the AD, which you say you have plenty of in your enchants, convert it to zen and get an account wide purple for 2500 (the cheapest purple mount)

I already answered that.
    When I have AD to spend and I look at mounts, I always decide that money is better spent on enchants or at least a companions active bonus.

It would be 1.25 mil for the cheapest 110% zen mount. For that much, I could upgrade a green companion to purple, buy a Blacksmith for my GWF, or put it toward upgrading one of my weapon enchants. Those things make me stronger. A mount is merely a convenience.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love my armored bear. Wouldnt trade it for anythng (cept now maybe the upcoming dragon mount, which looks suppper cool).

I was able to achieve it for free early in this games life cycle. After I saw how reasonable this game was for f2p player, I spent real money in support of devs/publisher. Which now Idk.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mounts are everything.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This^^^^^^^^^
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    • 110% Pony - because people go "dafuq" when you keep up with their unicorn, etc on a pony.
    • 110% Blue Ribbon Pig - best animations in the game.
    • 110% Fawn - sooo KWWAAAAAAIIIII
    • 110% Cube - It's a Gelatinous cube, need I say more?
    • 110% Shadow Wolf - Best looking wolf mount, imo.
    • Black Ice Warhorse - Asthmatic Thorhorse brah.

Those were my favorite, back when I logged in more than once a week.

Honorable mentions:
    • Polar Bear (all bears really) - the twerk jump animation. Bears > Miley Cyrus
    • Tiger/Leopard/etc - Fast and Furious: Neverwinter Drift, owners of these mounts know what I'm on about.
    • Disc - Because floaty epeen.
    • Nightmare mounts - Multicoloured flamey equines.
    • Feywild White Unicorn - It sh**s rainbows. OUTRAGEOUS.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014