test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

By Moradin's Hammer

psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
As the Devs track down the root of today's maintenance issue, I see many references to Caturday. My cloak is slightly lonely sitting in my bank and would appreciate some company. Granted mid afternoon on a Monday (at least in the USA) is not as great a disturbance as that fateful Saturday mess, but we could still celebrate the Hammer dropping on certain types of inappropriate actions with a new title and fashion item. I am having fantasies of seeing my CW's orb portrayed as a floating hammer of the dwarven god of all things good and lawful under creation. Hey.... Moradin is kinda close to Monday... lol... at least it starts with an "M".... and we can proudly show off our hammer to gold farmers and exploiters as we report them for due moderation
Post edited by psistarprime on

Comments

• mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i like the way you think.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I want a cloak with Rhix on it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    By the time it is off, it should be something very serious.
    I think someone's head should have rolled. U.U
    edited August 2014
    i don't need another cloak. Perhaps a skin for armor, though...
  • lordmentallordmental Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rhix? Why not commemorative sculptures of that great Kobold Hero, Deekin?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I suggested a title in the original thread that was purged. Funny though, two days agp I changed my title to my Caturday Survivor. Who'd of known.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • gothashotgothashot Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A title would be enough for me. I'm a title addict.
    edited August 2014
    i still use my Caturday title on my main. (Some of my alts have it available, just seems more appropriate on my main, though.)
  • lordmentallordmental Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Rhix is richer and pays better for the advertising.

Actually, I've been wondering if there's a relation between the two. Rhix could be a descendant of Deekin, and that is my headcanon. (Not Headcannon, although I'd like one.)
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why have a cloak when we could have a weapon skin, ie Hammer? Just imagine everyone in PE gathering to raise their Hammer of Moradin in support of the dwarven god smacking down evil ;-)

and, seriously, making my orb look like a floating hammer is giving me giggles
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lordmental wrote: »
    Actually, I've been wondering if there's a relation between the two. Rhix could be a descendant of Deekin, and that is my headcanon. (Not Headcannon, although I'd like one.)

I thought Rhix was only "a merchant who liked weird stonyes". XD
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As the Devs track down the root of today's maintenance issue, I see many references to Caturday. My cloak is slightly lonely sitting in my bank and would appreciate some company. Granted mid afternoon on a Monday (at least in the USA) is not as great a disturbance as that fateful Saturday mess, but we could still celebrate the Hammer dropping on certain types of inappropriate actions with a new title and fashion item. I am having fantasies of seeing my CW's orb portrayed as a floating hammer of the dwarven god of all things good and lawful under creation. Hey.... Moradin is kinda close to Monday... lol... at least it starts with an "M".... and we can proudly show off our hammer to gold farmers and exploiters as we report them for due moderation

Why did I suddenly think of the Skrymir mini-quest?

"That's Skrymir's beard! YOU killed Skrymir? By Moradin's left -- whew, you're a real terror, aren't you?"

Why, oh why???
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    CMPinpointerror just posted that the server is still down and they are still working on it , how long has the server been down then? 5 hours give or take?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well there is a patch to download, at least
    edited August 2014
    Id wait till official notice. Previous games Ive played, sometimes the server was unlocked on accident and youd end up downloading files that messes stuff up. But eh idk maybe its up.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Not sure how they're going to play this one. The downtime, of course, is to test the new fix, and ensure that it's actually working properly. Get that barn door locked up good and *tight* now that all the AD, erm, horses are out in circulation :)

I'm new to this game. I've been here less than a month. I've spent a bit though. Had to have the Feywild pack. The horse and faerie companion are just too good to pass up. And I picked up some zen for the charge rewards, so I'd have some green companions.

I *assumed* coming into the game that there would be a bit of market speculation. I moved here from SWTOR, and there's a bit of speculation there, as you might imagine. Any game that hits a certain stage will have some old timers, and those old timers will have an edge. If those old timers are also cunning, they can turn that edge into something more. Cornering a market isn't anything new.

Things like this business today though... It does kind of give one pause. With a finite quantity of AD coming in, and the existing sinks in place to take some of that back out ( respec, speeding up training / professions / costs for teleport scrolls / etc. ), the backlog doubled from <6 million last month, to >12 million today. I would speculate that some of the AD obtained by non-developer anticipated means have made their way into the ZAX.

Among other long term effects, it will possibly mean that the AH price will go up on a number of items. With enough of 'widget x' rolling around, from countless dungeon runs, you'd expect supply to equal demand at some point, and an equilibrium to be reached.

A few individuals with a large pile of AD on hand could artificially inflate the price of previously 'commodity' priced items. I expect to see the price of things like Rank 5 enchants to double in the coming days and weeks.

About the best thing you can hope for is that most of the individuals responsible for today's misadventure were actually goldfarmers. They'll simply sell the AD for cash, and it'll get spread back out evenly. A more serious threat would be an individual ( or individuals ) who wished to simply 'set the market price for all enchantments'. Such was done on the SW server for certain mounts / armors / etc. at one time.

Stay safe out there.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Unless I'm recalling it wrong. Caturday lasted much much longer in downtime so I'm not really sure anything is really needed.
    edited August 2014
    So 5 hours to Bind the Astral resonator (yet another bound item to add to the ever growing list) , still 12.5 million backlog and everything of decent to high value is gone from the AH , so guess all that exploited AD is well and truly laundered , nice lmfao
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So 5 hours to Bind the Astral resonator (yet another bound item to add to the ever growing list) , still 12.5 million backlog and everything of decent to high value is gone from the AH , so guess all that exploited AD is well and truly laundered , nice lmfao

I think tonights fix was just that...a fix. Its much to soon for any bans to happen or for any real investigations to be done. I dont expect we will see the typical "I was banned unfairly" posts for a few more days at least. Most likely, more then enough time for all the culprits to transfer all their loots
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like all the blueprints are gone too.
    edited August 2014
    Every single doohickey was bought up :)

So was every thingamajig or whatever they were called and I'm assuming everything else to convert to event rewards , so were the Tymora's coins I listed and several mimics too , I got a fairly cheap Blacksmith costume though so I'm good xD.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    Bop will prevent recurrence of this particular issue. Once hopes that a search for multiple uses of the item, without having that many of the item in one's inventory at the time ( though, I doubt very much that they actually have the means to do this ) would turn something up. Keeping a changelog of every accounts inventory though... Let's just say it's a lot of space, for very little payoff in general. It's something that's done when a lot of security is needed in a system. But, this isn't really the sort of system with that kind of regulation is going to be worried about. This is tracking who has access to which bit of virtual fluff from day to day. The types of logging you have on, say, 'pills on hand on Tuesday of last week' is required of a hospital, but not required of a game company. So... They may literally be *unable* to track down the 'guilty'. And, as I said in other ( now locked ) posts, those who exploited this long term for the past few months before the video popped up today will have done so intelligently. It will not be possible to prove the issue against those who most deserve a ban.

Good thing I'm playing this to have fun myself, rather than worry about how many virtual widgets someone else has banked.
    edited August 2014
    >snip<

I would have thought they can search for users who used say more than 30 or 40 astral resonators in any 24 hour period or won't they be able to track stuff like that either? I have no idea about computer programming and stuff lol
    edited August 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Looks like all the blueprints are gone too.
    They have moved alot of the event things around.

Doohickeys are now in I think consumables sorry. Groms in consumables.But either alot of doohickeys were bought up or something. They were like 1.5 mil. now over 2 mil.

edit wrong ah catergory
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They have moved alot of the event things around.

Doohickeys are now in I think consumables sorry. Groms in consumables.But either alot of doohickeys were bought up or something. They were like 1.5 mil. now over 2 mil.

edit wrong ah catergory

You'd think that they'd let us know like the french forums. But nope, lets annoy our players instead.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    You'd think that they'd let us know like the french forums. But nope, lets annoy our players instead.

Nothing has changed, nothing happened, nothing to see... move along!
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That question won't be enough to find them, but yes. That's roughly the idea. If they ask the right questions these people can be found easily. It'll take some time to gather and check the results, which I would have done manually to prevent the wrong people from getting banned, but I imagine they'd go about it something like that.

don't hold your breath for any kind of fix or bans.
    last time this happened (not Caturday, another huge exploit fiasco, yes there have been several) they fixed the bug then just came out and said that those who exploited it were just "lucky" and will not be banned, and will be able to keep all their duped AD.

don't you wish you had been so "lucky"? :rolleyes:
  • goonlaughiegoonlaughie Member Posts: 67
    edited August 2014
    walk2k wrote: »
    don't hold your breath for any kind of fix or bans.
    last time this happened (not Caturday, another huge exploit fiasco, yes there have been several) they fixed the bug then just came out and said that those who exploited it were just "lucky" and will not be banned, and will be able to keep all their duped AD.

don't you wish you had been so "lucky"? :rolleyes:

Can you fill me in on what actions they took to the Caturday exploiters? Was the exploited AD deleted from the game? Were exploiters accounts and associated accounts permanently banned? I find it a serious offense if I'm spending my real life cash in this game.

I also remember a post by rashylewizz saying he reported primary stat exploiters in pvp, and then said that the exploiters only got a 3 day temporary ban, and keep their pvp rankings. And on top of that, he said his account got banned for doing the morally right thing by reporting them.

I wish I had known about this company before I spent cash here. So far I've been playing 1 year, and I've spent little over $200 bucks on this game... but after hearing about this new exploit, and a company that continually fails to address a hyper-inflated economy due to complacency to check where unusually high AD sources are coming from (which has been going on for months and still getting worse), a company that punishes it's legit playerbase by binding keys and tarmalune coal wards, and keeping relatively high cash shop prices... I wish i had known about this company before I spent my money here. As of now, I can only watch what happens to the game from here and vow to keep my wallet shut indefinitely, and stay away from any cryptic products in the future (until they repair the damage 100%). I definitely cannot recommend this game to my friends or anyone else within good conscience.
    edited August 2014
    walk2k wrote: »

The time they said the people were 'lucky' was nothing to do with any AD exploit or dupe ,it was a bug on the Nightmare lockboxes that greatly increased the chance of getting a Heavy Inferno Nightmare .
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bans.. well I did notice something interesting earlier today. I've managed to withstand the troll stench in PE for a little over half an hour, just out of curiosity, and I was rewarded. Not a single bot ad. Usually they pop up every 5 minutes or so. But nothing at all in 30 min but the usual zone trolls and their smelly rear ends. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's an indication something is being done.

What that means is that the AD-selling sites probably lost a major stream of AD generation. This is good until the Leadership bots start multiplying....