test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question About Dragonborn Race:

jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Will the new Dragonborn Race be available to all or will it be exclusive to the Dragonborn Legend Pack?
Because this would make a HUGE difference in the value of the Pack.
My apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it, but I did a couple of searches and didn't see anything definitive.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
Post edited by jorifice1 on

Comments

• ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Will the new Dragonborn Race be available to all or will it be exclusive to the Dragonborn Legend Pack?
    Because this would make a HUGE difference in the value of the Pack.
    My apologies if this has already been answered and I missed it, but I did a couple of searches and didn't see anything definitive.

No answer yet, I guess Cryptic will keep tight about that until enough whales bought the imo overpriced pack to get them.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would definitely like to know this too. I'm sure lots of people are already put off by the price and would at least like to be able to play a similar race at some point for free. But then I wonder if they wouldn't since most of the other stuff is mostly fluff.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I honestly would doubt it. None if the special exclusive races have yet done so. You still cant get a Moon Elf or a Renegade Drow in any other way then their packs.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Response on Reddit.

He doesn't say no, but the chances that there will be a free version seem slim. And honestly I agree with him.

I don't care if Dragonborn are a paid race whatsoever. I just don't like that it is in a 100 dollar price tag bundle. I would like something that more players could readily afford. :)

A little less of the better off subsidizing the less fortunate and more aiming towards getting the maximum sales.
    edited August 2014
    Response on Reddit.

He doesn't say no, but the chances that there will be a free version seem slim. And honestly I agree with him.

I don't care if Dragonborn are a paid race whatsoever. I just don't like that it is in a 100 dollar price tag bundle. I would like something that more players could readily afford. :)

A little less of the better off subsidizing the less fortunate and more aiming towards getting the maximum sales.

Ah yes, those reddit posts. Quite insulting marketing speech if you ask me as instead of addressing the more common concerns about not being able to buy the race separately for a reasonable price instead a inflated one because they are bundled with loads of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> (see Announcement thread) he instantly pulls the "freeloader" card and basically says "pay up or bust".
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't be shocked if a free version shows up eventually. What I suspect is that the non-Legend (aka free) version would get static stat bonuses, as with all the other races, instead of the Legends "2 anywhere" perk.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Response on Reddit.

O.K.
    Looks as if the Dragonborn will be for Pack Purchasers only.
    Fortunately, I was able to buy it.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited August 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Fortunately, I was able to buy it.

Thats too bad.
    As long as people buy the Dragonborn + trinkets for $70 Cryptic has no incentive to offer the Dragonborn as stand alone item for less.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I'm guessing a variation of it will be available for free.

Don't expect an answer soon though, saying the class will be free when they want to people to splurge on it is a stupid marketing move
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    Thanks for ruining it for those who don't want or can't pay this much for dragonborn + <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and hoped for a more reasonably priced dragonborn only pack, because that will not happen as long as whales let themselves be ripped off like that.

Wow. Seriously, wow. It's only a rip-off if you buy something and feel ripped-off. I bought the pack, I don't feel ripped-off. Perhaps I am, but only in your mind, which doesn't matter to me. If you want to hate me because I am able to afford the package (and obviously find enough worth in it to purchase it) - then you have personal issues. How *you* feel about *my* purchases is no skin off my nose.

OT: The advert stated the pack provides "exclusive access to" the Dragonborn race. at least it did in the beginning. I don't have any problem with Cryptic eventually releasing a Race-Only pack for less cost - but that would be a 'gamble' if you're considering the full package while it's still on-sale.

But even if they do release a race-only option, beware if you buy it because apparently people who are complete strangers to you will hate you for it. LOL
    edited August 2014
    It's only a rip-off if you buy something and feel ripped-off.

Or when you objectively compare the price for this pack to, lets say, the price of new races, fashion and boots in other F2P games like STO, SWTOR or the price of complete MMO or AAA games.
    You will notice that this pack costs the most, yet you get the least for it.

In their rush to buy instantly people often forget the power such purchase decisions have on the industry and that such the decisions are the primary reason why the cost of content is rising constantly.
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I hope we get a free version or at the very least a version that is purchasable in store with zen.

One of the reasons why I got into this game was the possibility of playing as a Dragonborn.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited August 2014
    *Shrug*. Can't believe anyone really cares *that much*. If it had been *any* race ( kobold, for example ), and Cryptic / PWE said 'you have to pay XX for it, and if you don't, you can't be a kobold, people would be here saying it was wrong, and they only played to be a kobold, etc. etc.
    edited August 2014
    *Shrug*. Can't believe anyone really cares *that much*. If it had been *any* race ( kobold, for example ), and Cryptic / PWE said 'you have to pay XX for it, and if you don't, you can't be a kobold, people would be here saying it was wrong, and they only played to be a kobold, etc. etc.

Thats why they don't sell kobolds (yet).