Install Arc
Options

Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building

Comments

• Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yep and its gonna take a month still to acquire the weapon arttifact anyway

you're far better off just hoarding ID scrolls (i have 2 full stacks just from questing) and farming up Drake Seals in the interim (remember, you can feed purple stuff to them)
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you're far better off just hoarding ID scrolls (i have 2 full stacks just from questing) and farming up Drake Seals in the interim (remember, you can feed purple stuff to them)

Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650

The rare would have to get really expensive to make those Drakes good for anything but salvaging.....
  • Options
    mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    shhhhhhh :)

i dont see it comming
    there are better enchantments for that like flaming
    BTW
    PBILE 11,1 MILL on ah
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    i dont see it comming
    there are better enchantments for that like flaming

Is flaming even good? I only see them on some HR s in pvp.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Quality Base RP
    Uncommon 100
    Rare 300
    Epic 450
    Epic Tier 1 575
    Epic Tier 2 650

The rare would have to get really expensive to make those Drakes good for anything but salvaging.....

1) Drake seal equip is technically T2 (though it is likely that for refinement purposes they'll count as simply "epic")
    2) most ppl i know have so much Rough AD that using Drake Seals to get more RAD is just plain dumb
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Is flaming even good? I only see them on some HR s in pvp.

well p vorp is maybe not the best for cw any more
    so which are the other options?
    its not so much is it good but people need to adapt
    to different play style
    and bile doesnt look like an option any more for any class
    it was never realy popular before the nerf except for tr
    and if its useless with df -fastest atack in the game i dont see how warlock will benefit from it
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    i dont see how warlock will benefit from it

Give u 3 little hints, whenever SW vs SW/HR/CW/TR and any other high frequency attacker and use these:
    Power: Laser Gun
    At will: Long duration DoT
    Daily: Toxic Cloud

You will see Poison DoT floating everywhere and deal at least thrice total Bile damage than DF TR. Try stock up some p.bile when it drops to 9.99 mil and wait for it to rise over 15 mil again. It is a big gamble, but i guess my warlock experience in preview will help me to earn more AD during this "Bile nerf rumor". Not many ppl use the forum to see my post, if you want to gamble along with me you may try. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Give u 3 little hints, whenever SW vs SW/HR/CW/TR and any other high frequency attacker and use these:

You will see Poison DoT floating everywhere and deal at least thrice total Bile damage than DF TR. Try stock up some p.bile when it drops to 9.99 mil and wait for it to rise over 15 mil again. It is a big gamble, but i guess my warlock experience in preview will help me to earn more AD during this "Bile nerf rumor". Not many ppl use the forum to see my post, if you want to gamble along with me you may try. :)

well that may be some good news for bile owners
    but bad for perma trs loool
    hmmmmm any tr hehe
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »

lol so much for my shhh comment :) That enchantment is a lot of fun for warlocks. It is still not horrible of TR though, just not as good as before. Honestly i think the nerf was for the SW and not TR's duelist flurry because of how good the enchantment worked with it
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Trace

I was wondering in the next with the considerable boosts to HP all classes will get from increased attribute items, and GFs especially from their double HP from CON bonus, whether (Greater) Stones of Health would be a good flipping item?

They are 1500 ZEN in the store (so 750 K AD), but are selling for 'only' 200 K in the AH?
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    lol so much for my shhh comment :) That enchantment is a lot of fun for warlocks. It is still not horrible of TR though, just not as good as before. Honestly i think the nerf was for the SW and not TR's duelist flurry because of how good the enchantment worked with it

Honestly, Bilethorn still seems to work for a TR. I main a GF and I took on a TR in Preview that had both P.Bilethorn and G.Plaguefire. The Bilethorn done more damage to me than the Plaguefire.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Trace

I was wondering in the next with the considerable boosts to HP all classes will get from increased attribute items, and GFs especially from their double HP from CON bonus, whether (Greater) Stones of Health would be a good flipping item?

They are 1500 ZEN in the store (so 750 K AD), but are selling for 'only' 200 K in the AH?

I wouldn't risk it. Stones of Health are PVE only, and pots/regen/lifesteal work just fine. In fact, PVE GFs will have such insanely high HP that going down in a PVE dungeon really won't be a concern.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's surely vague, but due to the latest "development" one could hope that the backlog decreases.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Welp, that explains the 10mil backlog

GG Cryptic
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If the backlog indeed is a hint how long this was going on... but man, it's not like people weren't telling this had to be artificial.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    It's surely vague, but due to the latest "development" one could hope that the backlog decreases.

I don't think so.

This exploit has probably been going on for a long time not to mention the dozens of other exploits in the past.

I think there are billions of exploited AD out there so the ZAX backlog will stay so long as there aren't enough AD sinks
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you should add a new way of making ad, flipping is so old style.
    the real men print them
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    the real men print them

If I were the Fed, banks, or owned my own company I would. The most money is made by simply making it (as banks do, or as companies do with stocks). In game, sadly, I don't have that function. So I have to make do with the resources given me.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    the real men print them

Definitely. Flipping resonators with mouzbutton 5 is the way to go.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As many people know, it's been something of a brutal market for buyers, specifically for enchantments. Ways to make AD are becoming highly valued because of the strong inflation throughout the NW economy. This is why we praise people for finding creative ways to make wealth.

2) Lame blue items just became valuable! Watch the prices of these items increase over the next month (good news for farmers and strong PVPers). Perhaps some can be bought and flipped?

Guess the down time is a good time to advertise that my CotD Foundry quest nets between 4-9 blue items per run. Not sure if they're going to change the drop rates, but I need people to play it aside from my runs to see if things work as intended. It's a win-win, I get plays you all get supply. Tip if you feel it's good enough, though I don't expect to see many tips.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I wouldn't risk it. Stones of Health are PVE only, and pots/regen/lifesteal work just fine. In fact, PVE GFs will have such insanely high HP that going down in a PVE dungeon really won't be a concern.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess the Stones of Health to be most useful they require toons with high HP who have content challenging enough that they are in danger of dying.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess the Stones of Health to be most useful they require toons with high HP who have content challenging enough that they are in danger of dying.

Stones of health are still popular with squishes like Wizards and Clerics in PvE (or mostly Solo) while leveling - usually on tougher boss fights. But the 50-Pak is really all that's needed (I have one on my first character and only used about 5 shots of it - and that was before a lot of the encounter balancing over the last year).

I'm just saying that they DO sell on AH.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Stones of health are still popular with squishes like Wizards and Clerics in PvE (or mostly Solo) while leveling - usually on tougher boss fights. But the 50-Pak is really all that's needed (I have one on my first character and only used about 5 shots of it - and that was before a lot of the encounter balancing over the last year).

I'm just saying that they DO sell on AH.

True, I guess.

I noticed that the Greater Stones are still cheaper on the AH than buying a normal Stone from the ZEN store (500 ZEN , so ~250K AD).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    True, I guess.

I noticed that the Greater Stones are still cheaper on the AH than buying a normal Stone from the ZEN store (500 ZEN , so ~250K AD).

This has always been the case (I think you can get them as some kind of drop somewhere also) and it's for this reason - the in-game versions are pushing down any Zen market versions as they are all mixed in together.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, after running the new DD on the Preview Shard, perhaps GSoH are a good investment. I got one-shotted (or close to), multiple times, running Shield on Tab.

No risk, no reward, Trace.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, after running the new DD on the Preview Shard, perhaps GSoH are a good investment. I got one-shotted (or close to), multiple times, running Shield on Tab.

No risk, no reward, Trace.

I've had one slotted on all my characters and have only used (at most) 4 charges - and those were boss fights where I died every time and after the third or fourth death (3-minute healing wait + full health reset for Boss and lair) I finally decided NOMAORDAMMIT! :)

In truth it's a great "spare tire" kind of thing - not to be spammed, but makes a great utility when thing just aren;t going your way no matter how hard you try (of course, major mob/Boss rebalancing since I've actually had to use those, so they may be even less needed now - except for your comment in the new Mod 4 stuff - so I'll keep them around).

Oh, and I guess to keep on topic: I had purchased a truckload of the Greater Stones when they went on sale - I kept about half of them and sold the other half for a handsome profit after the prices went back up in the ZM - basically sold them for about the equivalent of 200 Zen higher than standard AM price, plus the 10% AH house commission, which I thought was fair at the time - they sold quickly.

Right now I am running level 5 "throw away" character through Blacklake Skirmish as soon as I complete tutorial and initial "Crown" quest - go to campfire and only run that skirmish during event (camped at Campfire is full heal between queue sessions). At level 13, deposit all gold I've gotten into account bank (to convert to AD later, as per Trace's awesome suggestion) then delete, rinse, repeat. The skirmishes occur three times a day (except for one day of the week) at the same times/same days every week so it's easy to develop a working schedule. And the best part: it's all legitimate, no risk of offending DevGods. If they make changes that prevents it later then so be it.

Along with my skirmish event farming I am frantically ranking-up Leadership. I've purchased Hero assets for speed that one up. My recipe for level 20 Leadership is this (with two Hero assets on each task):

1: Destroy Enemy Camps (Worn Armor, Worn Weaponry) = 1600 AD/6 hours x3
    2: Deliver Metals (Worn Armor, Worn Weaponry, 3 Mining Claims) = 1200 AD/4 hours x3
    3: Patrol the Mines (Worn Armor, Worn Weaponry) = 1 Mining Claim, 1000 Copper, 200 Leveling XP, 120 Leadership XP (moot)/2 hours x3

I use Gateway to keep them churning. #3 refreshes Mining Claims for #2, and #1 is the freebie. I am average 10-20k AD per day on THAT character (and I'm not even trying all that hard to keep it always going, so I miss a lot)

Just though I'd share how I'm running it. :)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have nine slots on nine characters, all with nine adventurers. My priority is Destroy Enemy Camp twice a day, Protect Diamond Shipment whenever it comes up, Seek Out Maps whenever it comes up (unless the character already has a ton of green maps), Collect Taxes, Fight Off Spellplagued and Patrol the Mines

First three slots in the morning are going to be DEC
    Second Three slots will be PDS. If that's not available it will be Seek Out Maps (if available and needed) or finally Fight Off...
    Third three slots are Collect Taxes or Patrol the Mines (if needed).

In the evenings I go with a few more tasks depending on the amount of time left in the day, adding Battle Undead, Chart Region/Protect Caravan. I get up at Six in the morning so I try to start my second Destroy Enemy camp by at least 8:30 PM.

Periodically throughout the day I use the gateway on my phone to check and see if tasks are finished. I also check if Diamonds are available for anyone who isn't already running them. If they are available, I cancel the Spellplagued task and start Diamonds. Most of the time I can get at least one Diamonds set per day, sometimes two. It takes a bit of micromanaging, but it's kept all of my characters above the refining cap for months now, even the ones whose only salvage are junk from DR lairs.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^Mine looks a fair bit like that, with some variations.

First thing in the morning, 3x DEC + 3x Spellplagued + 3x Collect Taxes, unless Diamond Shipments, Seek Out Maps, or Help the Needy is up in rare tasks. If I can, I will check Gateway for Diamond Shipments when rare tasks change and replace Spellplagued with that.

Spellplagued at natural cooldown time gets replaced with Resell Goods at Bazaar, or the rare task that uses one blue map. This is still early enough that I can also do Diamond Shipments and have them finish before bedtime. I might also replace them with one of the other above rare tasks.

Collect Taxes at natural cooldown time gets replaced with Spellplagued. By rotating the 6 and 8 hour common tasks when I have no more interesting options, I've found I can pack more in. If I'm late on a changeover, I'll usually try to take a shorter task to keep at least some of the end times synced up. Patrol Mines is good filler.

Evenings, I usually start DEC again with backup Footmen, as they'll finish in time for morning rotation. I also try to squeeze in one round of Patrol Mines per character to keep those Mining Claims in stock. Check for Diamond Shipments sporadically. Having the backup Footmen allows doubling-up Adventurers to enable later start times of longer tasks while still having them finished in time for the big morning changeover. Fill in overnight with Collect Taxes and whatever other 400AD each tasks are available if no Diamond Shipments.

If I have a big glut of rough AD, I mix in a few more Rescue Prisoners. Refugees are spent on Build Shelters; Marks of Gratitude and Siege Engines are spent on rare tasks. I know I could make more by selling the resources but it's too fiddly for my enjoyment and I like getting the boxes.

I agree that it takes some micromanagement, but it works.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I do some of the Blacklake Skirmish farming, but, honestly, my mind goes numb after about the 15th go-around.
This discussion has been closed.