test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could this idea fix ZAX problems?

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
SO, I had an idea that I think should be implemented since day one...

What do you guys think if it was limited to 1M Astrals Per week when trading AD for Zen BUT if people traded Zen for AD, each Zen would increase this cap by 500AD Until another trade was made from AD to Zen that would reach that cap... Any other lower Zen->AD Trade would not change the cap and a higher trade would increase the cap by difference of the original trade to the higher trade.

So... Imagine this:
I buy 1000 Zen
I trade 300Zen> AD = Cap changed to +(300*500) = 150000 bonus added to the 1M cap (Now you have 1.15M)
But then I used that AD to complete a good item so... I sold that really good item (for 3M) and I want to trade its profit to Zen, I put 3M on the ZAX, 1.15M is traded, cap goes back to 1M and the rest of the AD (1.85M) will remain there until next week (like it is now but on waiting terms).

With this, I think it would be a good way to stop the ZAX from increasing every day and actually give it a chance to lower prices for Zen.
I know people are going to start complaining about "only" 1M but really... in 1 month where are you going to get 4M AD? If you do, will you be able to get that amount every month to keep adding to it? Unless you use illegal websites, I think it wont happen!

I am still trying to perfect any issues with this idea, so feel free to show me some issues this could bring.

Thanks.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    SO, I had an idea that I think should be implemented since day one...

What do you guys think if it was limited to 1M Astrals Per week when trading AD for Zen BUT if people traded Zen for AD, each Zen would increase this cap by 500AD Until another trade was made from AD to Zen that would reach that cap... Any other lower Zen->AD Trade would not change the cap and a higher trade would increase the cap by difference of the original trade to the higher trade.

So... Imagine this:
    I buy 1000 Zen
    I trade 300Zen> AD = Cap changed to +(300*500) = 150000 bonus added to the 1M cap (Now you have 1.15M)
    But then I used that AD to complete a good item so... I sold that really good item (for 3M) and I want to trade its profit to Zen, I put 3M on the ZAX, 1.15M is traded, cap goes back to 1M and the rest of the AD (1.85M) will remain there until next week (like it is now but on waiting terms).

With this, I think it would be a good way to stop the ZAX from increasing every day and actually give it a chance to lower prices for Zen.
    I know people are going to start complaining about "only" 1M but really... in 1 month where are you going to get 4M AD? If you do, will you be able to get that amount every month to keep adding to it? Unless you use illegal websites, I think it wont happen!

I am still trying to perfect any issues with this idea, so feel free to show me some issues this could bring.

Thanks.

4,000,000 AD a month is very easy without any cheating. Leadership maxed on 10 characters will give you that.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    4,000,000 AD a month is very easy without any cheating. Leadership maxed on 10 characters will give you that.

What the hell of a calculation is that? You can even reach 3kk with just leadership m8...
    EDIT: Even if you do... Do you put all of that into ZAX? I wouldn't...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    See Method #1
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    There are quite a number of people with hundreds of millions of AD that they got through exploiting dungeons for months or exploiting in general.

I think Cryptic probably knows this and they will not make a relatively big change to the ZAX knowing these players can still manipulate it the way they see fit.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What the hell of a calculation is that? You can even reach 3kk with just leadership m8...

I think it's very wise to have a good supply of ZEN at all times. Consider this weekend. If you had, let's say, 5000-20,000 ZEN stored up, you could have doubled your AD value simply by selling Blueprints, P. Wards, or Doohickeys.

Why do you think there's so much AD backlog? Because having ZEN is so profitable.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    ywelinywelin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What this game needs is a large influx of new players. New players who will be willing to buy zen then convert it to AD so they can gear up. Besides that I can see no reason why old established players would ever want to trade zen for AD when AD is so easy to come by.
    New players are this games best hope.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ywelin wrote: »
    What this game needs is a large influx of new players. New players who will be willing to buy zen then convert it to AD so they can gear up. Besides that I can see no reason why old established players would ever want to trade zen for AD when AD is so easy to come by.
    New players are this games best hope.

If we have an horde of new and rich players who buy Zen to then sell it for AD and then buy gear from AH the situation would become a lot worse... We need some AD to be erased, not transfered.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That is the whole problem. Why WOULDN'T you put that ALL into the ZAX?

There is barely anything at all to do with AD right now. Everything needed is either BoP or Zen only.

There is simply nothing you can't get for Zen right now. Even if you needed some AD real quick, you would simply convert it to AD. There is 0 risk in holding Zen, but 100% risk in holding AD. That is why the backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    There is 0 risk in holding Zen, but 100% risk in holding AD.

While what you are saying is a good thing to do as a player, this statement is false. PWE could make changes that causes the market to fall and zen to be worth less than 500:1. However AD will never be worth less than the 500:1. This means that the risk statement you made is technically backwards even if the risk is low.
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    While what you are saying is a good thing to do as a player, this statement is false. PWE could make changes that causes the market to fall and zen to be worth less than 500:1. However AD will never be worth less than the 500:1. This means that the risk statement you made is technically backwards even if the risk is low.

Well that is true, I guess you can't put it at 0/100%. However, to date they have only been making changes that made Zen worth more and AD less and less useful. So playing the odds, you are still far better off converting all AD to zen than the other way round.

Technically AD is worth less than 500:1 since you have to factor in the time involved in converting it to Zen. I believe it's over 7 days now. On the other hand, Zen items are selling at a premium on the AH from 500:1 so you can pretty quickly convert any Zen to AD if you needed to. Worst case you will get 500:1, but with the huge backlog you won't get less.
  • Options
    hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    There are quite a number of people with hundreds of millions of AD that they got through exploiting dungeons for months or exploiting in general.

I think Cryptic probably knows this and they will not make a relatively big change to the ZAX knowing these players can still manipulate it the way they see fit.

I was almost thinking same... PWe gave up about fixing the problem of zax and inflation... why they should care when they are lunching a new server on xboxone? most players will try to move there hoping is not as bad as here :/

Instead if they are caring about the PC-player base, why they are not fixing it? ...developers are not really giving positive signs with these events (Gond, lyra, CTA...getting worse and worse evnt)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I see your point guys, but lets be honest, it needs a limit, when it starts to rise like this its really annoying for those people who only make little transactions every now and then! 7 days+ is alot!

4M is a nice amount, if you can do more than that well... you should find something else to use it on! If you need coal wards for example, you can still buy them from the AH as well as wards, mounts, etc...