Options

Clerics in PvP

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Please Dev team... For the love of god!
Stop:
- 1 Cleric for 1 team, 0 to another
- 2 clerics for 1 team, 0 to another

PLEASE... If there are not enough clerics for a balanced PVP match making... Don't put them there. We all know that clerics cause a HUGE imbalance to the teams and there is an 80% chance that the team with a cleric is going to win (made up numbers, but thats what it is for me).

I don't know why but I seem to be the guy with less luck in this game... 9/10 times there is a cleric somewhere, its in the ENEMY team. I am sick and tired of this!

Thank you.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    What are you talking about this "imbalance" thing??
    You can easily dispose of cleric given a good coordinated group.. Clerics arent immortal you know.. Their heals are less effective on themselves and prones are their weakness (everybody's actually)
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meanwhile, somewhere, at least one cleric cries how undepowered they are in PvP *rofls*
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    What are you talking about this "imbalance" thing??
    You can easily dispose of cleric given a good coordinated group.. Clerics arent immortal you know.. Their heals are less effective on themselves and prones are their weakness (everybody's actually)

Pug clerics are not a problem but those with profound gear 14k+ ARE are problem, I've seen many taking 3 people to kill them and there is no way they would die if their team was arround! The circle they have for example is a resist increase for the whole party if they are in it AND a heal, how is that balanced for the other team? Its like playing 5v6.

And stop putting "good" or "bad" groups, its like saying a VERY GOOD Cleric can 1v1 a GWF... I mean seriously, thats the most relative thing you can possibly put in there... Just use general things.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Meanwhile, somewhere, at least one cleric cries how undepowered they are in PvP *rofls*

I don't know why people say that, they are a really good and desired class in PVP AND PVE... They are desired in both roles and still QQ!
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yeah i hate it when the enemy team has a cleric then you know the middle flag will belong to the enemy for the whole game and it makes the game so much harder for you to win...

A cleric with a brain can be almost unkillable, they are just as annoying and hard to kill as a hr but they can buff the whole team too...

It's not fun when your encounters hit them fr under 1k dmg lol
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Firstly, what's your class and your GS ? your encounter loadout would be nice too
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Firstly, what's your class and your GS ? your encounter loadout would be nice too

This is a team problem, not a person problem.
    But i'm a TR Burst Executioner. I'm not in game atm but I believe I have 4.3k Power, 45% Crit chance, 16% in armor pen, about 11% recovery with Normal vorp and lesser soulf (dont need more). But i'm telling you, when I get 1.5k from LS on a Cleric when I give about 21k to dummies is like *head explodes* It can be worse than a GWF.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    << Pug Cleric, 14k gs+, Profound main set, Purified BI 1st sub set, High prophet 2nd sub set, Halfling Con/Dex Sent.

Still will die as long as someone triple prone me or purposely focused me down when my team doesn't give me protection. We are team based species, if the team sucks we can only be free kills for u all. You may have a chance to kill us, but we can never kill you in a 1v1 node stall. We are pvp sand bags, everyone know this as well.

And when the team have 2 clerics, we cry, cuz we mostly will lose the game as we lack one controller and dps.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    << Pug Cleric, 14k gs+, Profound main set, Purified BI 1st sub set, High prophet 2nd sub set, Halfling Con/Dex Sent.

Still will die as long as someone triple prone me or purposely focused me down when my team doesn't give me protection. We are team based species, if the team sucks we can only be free kills for u all. You may have a chance to kill us, but we can never kill you in a 1v1 node stall. We are pvp sand bags, everyone know this as well.

You have no clue of how many people quit the game before it starts because the enemy team has a cleric and we dont, do you?
    Its like giving your team a free win (with your set that can perfectly happen).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »

And when the team have 2 clerics, we cry, cuz we mostly will lose the game as we lack one controller and dps.

Your wrong. In a game a few day ago the enemy team had a cleric and all my encounters hit for less than 1k dmg...I have 6k power with 2k arm pen and a vorpal and I could not even mark this cleric and my gwf friend who is destroyer and has 18k gs also could hardly touch the cleric...It took 3 of us about 3 minutes just to kill this guy once.

Clerics are very very hard to kill if they spec right. Also they buff the whole team and make them almost unkillable until the cleric is dead and when you have a cleric that hard to kill on a flag you just cant capture it so the mid is a losing fight all the way through the game, then it slows you to get to there home base and makes it very hard to keep it and your own is usually being capped by some annoying tr so yes 1 cleric on a team does increase the win chance by a huge amount if they play right.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Are you sure that particular "immortal cleric" match applies to all 14k profound cleric?

Obviously me and jazzfong doesnt think so.. I'm 14k profound, ranks 40 in leaderboard page by pugging, and i'd like to think i'm pretty capable in domination
    a 17k-18k potent GWF can easily dispose of me in a matter of seconds...

So, please dont base all clerics by that one match ... most of the time the reason a team lose is that the team can't decide priority focus... which may cause scattered damage all over the opponent's team, not killing them... followed by continuous stream of campfire spawn fighting 1 by 1 and not regrouping.

NB : If a cleric is a free win, then i should be having at least a 80% - 90% win rate..
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    I don't know why people say that, they are a really good and desired class in PVP AND PVE... They are desired in both roles and still QQ!

The problem is they want both high DPS and OP heal :P
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    In a game a few day ago the enemy team had a cleric and all my encounters hit for less than 1k dmg...

Chances are you hit the person during Exaltion, inside his Astral Shield with Hallowed Ground on.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A cleric should be hard to kill since he will not kill you. Its called balance. Having a team of nothing but dps should lose to a team with a healer. The game needs to be built where having multiple DIFFERENT classes is useful. PVP is about balancing the ability to live and kill someone. PVP has always been about survivability. That is why defensive builds are better than glass cannons.

Also DC use teamwork. They are not solo battleground heroes who run in and try to destroy everything alone. They work with the team. Most PUGs have 0 teamwork. They should not be nerfed because they are using teamwork to win when the other team isnt. If your team worked as a group a single DC can go down quickly.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As a DC, the common strategy is look for the strongest member of your team and support that person in exception of everything else. Given, let's say the others are not worth healing. You know what I mean. If you can keep that person alive, he will keep your enemies at bay. You need at least one decent player as a teammate to rely on, otherwise you are on your own, and you're a free kill to the enemy.

The enemy can very easily focus a cleric, if his team doesn't protect the cleric. Granted, very tanky clerics can stall one or two people - but that will only happen if the enemy doesn't know to properly "control" a cleric.

CC > DC
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    just bring a HR snd have them spam constricting shot on the DC as much as possible and if that doesnt work thronward on whatever node he/she is contesting will
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    In a good pvp group vs another good pvp group, clerics determine who wins.

Anyone who is unaware of this are probably pvp newbies
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This thread will make me feel better when I keep being focused by the other team all match and I can't survive a moment of fight except for the few seconds I can have Hallow ground, Exaltation and Astral Shield running.

The life of a pvp cleric implies a lot of suffering ;)
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I suspect those complaining haven't played a DC, much less pugged as a DC. DCs are quite easy to clear with some well-coordinated prones, and there is no way they can carry bad players.

I play a BiS slot DC, and no, you likely can't clear me 1v1 on any character that isn't BiS (and not on most that are BiS). But focus me with 2 people, throw in some CC, and unless you're bad, you can clear me. And fairly quickly depending on the classes (e.g., gwf and CW or HR).

To me, anyone crying about DCs suggests a huge lack of PvP experience when they are one of the least problematic classes at the moment (and especially next module).
  • Options
    biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have no idea what you mean by DCs being overpowering. I have a DC with full defense build and a CW with only r7 enchants. My DC dies to any other class with equal gear when 1v1, the only chance I can survive is when I'm with a supportive team and my teammates fight those who are targeting me. I usually run pugs, and most pugs don't have any sense of teamwork. They see me working my *** off trying to hold a node and they run away to cap a node that is already filling blue. In these teams, DCs are absolutely nothing, can't kill, can't survive. In a well-coordinated premade, things are tremendously different. I guess you ran into unbalanced matches where the other team far out gears you.

In contrast, my CW can kill pretty much any equally geared DC 1v1. They maybe tough but they have almost 0 damage and they go down pretty fast when controlled. Those spec'ed in to dps DCs die to me even faster 1v1. When you qq about a class in pvp, please post the status of the teams first, because better gears and better coordination > a mere pug with one or two DCs in it.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Your wrong. In a game a few day ago the enemy team had a cleric and all my encounters hit for less than 1k dmg...I have 6k power with 2k arm pen and a vorpal and I could not even mark this cleric and my gwf friend who is destroyer and has 18k gs also could hardly touch the cleric...It took 3 of us about 3 minutes just to kill this guy once.

Clerics are very very hard to kill if they spec right. Also they buff the whole team and make them almost unkillable until the cleric is dead and when you have a cleric that hard to kill on a flag you just cant capture it so the mid is a losing fight all the way through the game, then it slows you to get to there home base and makes it very hard to keep it and your own is usually being capped by some annoying tr so yes 1 cleric on a team does increase the win chance by a huge amount if they play right.

I quote this. From my experience too, good clerics can really change the balance of a match. In PvP, obviously, you've to be as tanky as you possibily can. If you have trouble then try looking deeper into your build for PvP.
    As crixus said, a strong DC can tank multiple enemies for a good period of time and either:

- make his team unkillable/ hard to kill till he's dead. Or if all 5 focus on the squishy ones and prone lock them to death, then go to the cleric. Strong tanky GFs and GWFs won't go down with a tank DC around. You've to take down the DC first.

- contest points against other tanks for long or stall them

- contest a point against multiple enemies till reoinforcements arrive.

Some DCs managed to get THAT tanky. This means it's what the class is capable of.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    - contest points against other tanks for long or stall them

- contest a point against multiple enemies till reoinforcements arrive.

Some DCs managed to get THAT tanky. This means it's what the class is capable of.

You could say the same about other classes. Except that there are classes that can actually CLEAR "tanks", which is far better than a class simply holding a point. In addition, a TR is far, FAR better at contesting a point against multiple enemies.

DCs are by no means BAD in PvP. But they are certainly not unbalanced or overpowered.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure at all how all of this topic is even a subject for discussion.

- a cleric cannot kill you, unless you're bad beyond fixing in PvP
    - cleric cannot tank 2 decent people, much less 3. If this actually happens in your games, then you have absolutely no idea what people you should send to clear the cleric. Hint: if you get GWFs, HRs, TRs, DCs tanking 2-3 people from your team - you are dealing with a HUGE gear and skill imbalance. It is not the class which is at fault, but the matchmaking.

Let's recapitulate: the DC cannot kill you, but you want to be able to kill them 1vs1? WHY? How can you even think this is fair?

I think this is yet again a matter of l2p. I can already see people wasting encounters and dailies in exaltations and AS, and letting the cleric roam all over the map without intercepting so they can heal all the critical party members.

All in all, DCs should not be anybody's free kill. They have low damage, so they should have lots of survivability. Deal with it.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Loled at 2 DC omg op XD 2 DC team is insta lose.
    I think this is yet again a matter of l2p.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Loled at 2 DC omg op XD 2 DC team is insta lose.

Kinda funny yes.. against capable teams, 2 DCs are insta lose because of the HUGE drop in DPS...

Luckily the matchmaking may side with you by giving other teams that perform worse ... either skill / gear..
    Happens several times to me and the team with 2 DCs can still win
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1 DC makes the team win, 2 DC make the team win even faster, best pvp logic of the year.

To be honest, i can only smile when someone said 2 DC party is very OP and want us to be rebalanced or nerfed again. If i saw another cleric in my party which i dont know or have a poor gs i will start to worry.... we will lose this unless i go backcap... then we may only stand a chance to win... lets hope the other gwf, gf, tr, hr or cw in my team can help me cap other 2 nodes.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think this is yet again a matter of l2p.

Pretty much exactly everything said here.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    As a DC, the common strategy is look for the strongest member of your team and support that person in exception of everything else. Given, let's say the others are not worth healing. You know what I mean. If you can keep that person alive, he will keep your enemies at bay. You need at least one decent player as a teammate to rely on, otherwise you are on your own, and you're a free kill to the enemy.

The enemy can very easily focus a cleric, if his team doesn't protect the cleric. Granted, very tanky clerics can stall one or two people - but that will only happen if the enemy doesn't know to properly "control" a cleric.

CC > DC

Yeah i have a cleric, i dont bother getting it maxed but i know the powers and stuff and the guy was using it but even without it my encounters was still sometimes hitting under 1k lol. It doesn't bother me i was just saying that clerics an have some god like defense once maxed :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Kinda funny yes.. against capable teams, 2 DCs are insta lose because of the HUGE drop in DPS...

Luckily the matchmaking may side with you by giving other teams that perform worse ... either skill / gear..
    Happens several times to me and the team with 2 DCs can still win

not always true.

I have won quite a few games with 2 clerics on my team, the best tactic is 1 cleric go mid and the other distracts enemy's at there base so the enemy is always getting 0 points and we are getting points from our home base.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't bother me i was just saying that clerics an have some god like defense once maxed :)

As well as protector GFs, sentinel GWFs, some HRs and TRs. Any character, even CW using shield on tab, can reach godlike defenses and mitigate the damage they receive by 80%. But the difference is that clerics can't kill anyone no matter what they do.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz