test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Domination woes

zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
edited August 2014 in PvE Discussion
Why do the devs even allow players to join solo knowing 9 out of 10 matches will be blowouts in favor of premades.

What sucks is when i run premade im bored to death 9 outa 10 matches are total blowouts.

Any hardcore premade has got to be at their wits end with easy non challenging matches watching their score on the leaderboard go down when they win.

So either way its just broken mechanics.

separate the queues.
or admit you cant.

I would have to say as it is if my team wins its a blowout 90% of the time and we stand around waiting for the game to end.

and if we loose its a blowout 90% of the time and we stand around waiting for the game to end.

Lots of standing around waiting for the game to end :(

This cant be what was intended because this blows.
Post edited by zouldryn on

Comments

• Options
    anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looks like it's gonna be the same for Mod 4, a great success for pvp. I'll let you know when they have their listening caps on.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anesading wrote: »
    Looks like it's gonna be the same for Mod 4, a great success for pvp. I'll let you know when they have their listening caps on.

I think the devs have listened enough to the 10% of the playerbase that PVPs, every class balance changes is driven by that 10%.

OP I think they should raise the matchmaking gauge to be more accurate on players ranking so it takes longer for players to get a match, right? This way you can queue for an hour and wait until opponents of your ranking get online so you can fight them or they could leave it as it is and you get 5 blow out match, with 50% chance that one of them will be an interesting match up, in that 1 hour.
  • Options
    anesadinganesading Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And what if all you get is spawn camped matches during that 1 hour? either it's the opponents being spawn camped or it's your team being spawn camped. What does that tell you. Oh ya this is great lets keep this so we can get fast ques and watch each others spawns.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anesading wrote: »
    And what if all you get is spawn camped matches during that 1 hour? either it's the opponents being spawn camped or it's your team being spawn camped. What does that tell you. Oh ya this is great lets keep this so we can get fast ques and watch each others spawns.

Ok so you would prefer that they would raise the gauges on the match making system so that you only get 1 well ranked match an hour, one of the few, because when they implemented the elo and the matchmaking system ppl were crying out about 35 minute queue time.

The problem is the pvp player base is a small % of players in itself, the bad players, campers, etc, you get in your matches are non-pvpers doing dailies. Unless they make pvp more attractive to non-pvpers they will never care and never try to get better.
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2014
    Once a game mechanic favors the minority(elite premades) it has already pushed all new players and the majority(PVE) out of pvp.

Its catering to the elite premades(the minority) and leaving everyone else(the majority) in the cold.

This just leads to a decline in players participation.til eventually its just the skeletal remains of what could have been a great pvp game.

catering to the minority is bad business.
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Give both. Have a fast que and a long que option. Fast que for those that don't wanna wait around, but realize balance will be off. Long que for those that want the right match.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    In the end there's only 2 ways this will end if Cryptic manages to keep the pressure on the bots:
    Either the outclassed people drop their BiS gear and admit they screwed up or they'll eventually leave out of boredom and maybe come back in a year or so to see if people improved enough to be a challenge. The choice is theirs.

Sounds harsh maybe, but Cryptic isn't going to give us all r10s and perfects just because some people used bots to get them. And getting them the intended way is going to take a loooong time.

What do you mean?

I had rank 10s and perfects 3 weeks after the game went out of Beta.

The intended way is charging Zen, selling it for AD on the ZAX, and buying the lowest priced item that you need on the AH, or creating it yourself. I know people that don't even care about money and buy the highest price items from Zen Store just to click less times for refining.

So I'm quite sorry, this might be a "free" game, but it is NOT intended for you to not pay in it. The game is obviously trying at any step to let you know buying Zen is the way to go, and not Free to Play farming, which would take years.

And BiS people will never drop their gear lol?!? Are you throwing your clothes and furniture out the window IRL? No? Virtual ggods are still goods and we paid good money for them.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think there needs to be an added q for 5v5 domination premades against each other for competitive play. Can leave the q the way it is now. Just add a second q where you must have 5 people to join the q. That way it is premade vs premade.
  • Options
    beastmasterragebeastmasterrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think the devs listen to the players at all or even get in the game to see what is going on...PVP right now is bloody one sided favouring GWF/TR/HR and GF to some extent, take it look at the leader boards, it says it all. They have it so you can't enjoy PVP unless you play one of those classes which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They have know forever that the GWF "roar" is bugged and they refuse to address that issue; customer service at it's best...ignore your customers...the GWF virtually rules the other classes, in PVP they do the most damage and have higher movement and evasion (By evasion i mean the giant growth move that allows them to shake off and not be affected by control effects for a time). TRs' with permade is beyond frustrating, and like the gwf they have regular moves that deal a ton of damage...totally one sided. And let's not forget the changes they made to the HR, i wonder if they even tested it out in pvp before they decided to finalize those changes, i would have to say not....fix the current issues with pvp and the game itself instead of giving us lame events and mod which will still have the same issues.
    magenubbie wrote: »
    PvP is already a skeleton that spits out newbies for being new and not providing enough challenge. I can't believe there's many fresh lvl60s that say "wow that PvP match was FUN! how do I get better?" The minority has only themselves to blame for pushing away new potential PvPers.

Not to mention most of that minority brought it upon themselves they have nobody to fight among the majority of players. Their greed for power was stronger than their sense of morale when they bought those 100s of stacks of 99 enchantments from the bots. Results: they've outclassed themselves, and now they complain about no competition.

Sure, you can argue that people aren't to blame for taking advantage of what's being offered, but the result remains the same. You've outclassed yourself. You want competition? Drop the BiS gear, farm a normal grim set and put r7s and lessers in them. Problem solved.

We're not supposed to have 10 r100 artifacts, r10 enchantments everywhere and 3 BiS sets. It was supposed to take another year or so before we'd all have r9s. The game isn't ready for the amount of power some people have. Simple as that.

In the end there's only 2 ways this will end if Cryptic manages to keep the pressure on the bots:
    Either the outclassed people drop their BiS gear and admit they screwed up or they'll eventually leave out of boredom and maybe come back in a year or so to see if people improved enough to be a challenge. The choice is theirs.

Sounds harsh maybe, but Cryptic isn't going to give us all r10s and perfects just because some people used bots to get them. And getting them the intended way is going to take a loooong time.
  • Options
    galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you want the bad players to drop PvP you just have to remove all rewards from PvP.
    It's the easiest solution, but no one likes it.

If you introduce a 2nd queue (with better rewards) for pre-meades all bad players will form a pre-made in hope of getting another looser group and win the better reward.
    The original single Q PvP PuG will starve to a silent death, leaving you where you started off in the first place, only that you wasted a lot of dev time that could (or might) have been better employed elsewhere.
    But now you still encounter bad groups 'cause matchmaking sucks.
  • Options
    galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't think the devs listen to the players at all or even get in the game to see what is going on...
    You better leave the dev's alone and start reading the forum yourself.
    There is a big change coming. Stop your wining and read the forums! Join the groups on preview.
  • Options
    oldfaustoldfaust Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Team join team only pvp

or

solo join pug pvp

and neither the twain shall meet

(And something like an arena / thunder dome where two enter, only one walks out, the other rez at the rez circle. - i. e. dueling 1v1 )
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe there should be a trial week or something, one queue for the normal rhix/battlemaster rewards, but no leaderboard linkage, and one queue with no rewards at all, but linked to the leaderboard score.

Probably have to zero the leaderboard prior, which wouldn't be much of a loss, unrelated as it is to reality.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    introduce temporary weapon/armor enchants that fade away with 2-3 hours of game time. Pay for perfect temporary enchants or rank 10's with farmed glory but make them bound or maybe even a chance for a temporary drop after you win pvp. Even the odds. Watch those who enter the bg's with perfect enchants and rank 10s squirm.

Idea: (Mostly for newbie pvp...try before you buy)
    1. Separate Vendor with level cap. Those that are level 60 cannot speak to the vendor.

2. Bound to character.

3. Temporary weapon enchants have a limit. Can only purchase one of each.

4. Put them on the zen market for all to use. Temporary Armor and Weapon Enchant bundle or piece by piece. Think of how many people would like to try before they go on the AH to buy :D

What this will do is also introduce new players to the ins and outs of these types of enchants so they can find their favorite when they reach level 60. Most people swear by Perfect Vorpal, Greater Plaguefire. Some people may find that they've found their niche with another weapon enchantment instead if they were given the luxury of trying them out.

How many people here would like this option? If yes explain why. If not explain why.)