test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Determination should not work off % HP lost. There is no reason to punish a player for choosing to have more HP. Going off percent means you have to take more damage to get just as many unstoppable off. That defeats the point of raising HP for survivability. Same goes for gaining more defense/deflect. Just because a person has defensive stats does not mean they should be able to use it any less.

Well currently its actually based on POST DR damage so having more deflect and defense actually makes it harder to gain Unstoppable
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Okay guys, this is getting a little over the top now. Keep the class feedback in the pertinent threads.

The amount of off topic, cross contamination in the last two days is making my job far, far more time consuming and unfortunately at this point I am calling it quits in regards to saving posts.

Please read the Official Feedback Guidelines which can be found
    on the first page of every feedback thread.

Every day I remove at least two pages of discussions. Please guys, if you are clicking the reply button understand that there is, quite seriously, a 99% chance I am simply going to remove it from the Official Feedback threads. Please stop and think twice before posting a reply.

However in the last two days everything is mashed together. Sorry guys but I do not have the time to read through all of these posts four times over to sort them out especially when the posts are actually 'GWF' feedback which is nothing more than complaints on what other classes have in comparison.

TL;DR: If your post is removed and you feel it contained an important message then you can either post it as feedback (not a reply/discussion/debate), post it in the discussions threads or PM me and I will look into where it should go.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    Feedback, feats: Devastating Critical

On live with 3 points on this, i have 95% crit severity. On preview, 80%. Looks like it's not applied on preview, and it's 15% less critical severity.

Was it nerfed or is it bugged?

Have noticed the same issue. Kindly address this or let us know if it is working as intended.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    herundrion wrote: »
    Takedown:
    I think a better solution would be to keep the prone part of it (It's Takedown, c'mon; how can something called Takedown not prone?), but double/triple the cooldown. It won't be spammable, but it'll be useful for burst combos.

This was my suggestion as well. Suggested it several times. Relentless fury feat (Destroyer tree) will reduce the cooldown to viable levels without being spammable (and at a cost..you have to invest into this feat).

From what I understand, the prone animation was too long and it did not allow deflect to work as intended (that subsequent attacks could not be deflected). If this is indeed the case, no classes (regardless of whether the skill is a daily or an at-will) should be allowed to prone. Not exactly the solution of choice, in my opinion, but the only one that could be deemed fair.

Feedback: WMS/Staying Power feat should be changed to allow SM/Destroyers to do equivalent damage as IV/Destroyers to compensate for the recent Mark changes. Does not necessarily have to be a Mark mechanic, but can be a general buff to the existing WMS debuff or additional/prolonged Combat advantage
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Let's try one last thing ...

2 steps enjoying the change of "mark" without discredit sm / "dps tree."

1 - obviously this bonus to threat to be reserved for the sentinel. The argument "separate tank to dps" does not make sense if you provides aggro tools for destroyer / inst.

If two of the three trees is just a tough, then the gwf is no longer a "tank" for excellence. is a dps without option "threat reduction" in the heroic feets.

"mark" is currently a choice between the cross and the sword. without it, I would not be able to keep up with the dps of other classes ... if i use I die (sounds sabotage).

2 - rather than improving the bonus to wms simply causes "steel blitz" give mark. You will improve the damage of the destroyer, open precedents for the instigator by aoe/combat advantage (Vicious Advantage / Assault Group). And create a good sentinel sm by damage and " random aggro" (much inferior than a sm gf now....)

a destroyer need choose between t2 insti or t2 senti (or just ignore both) but inst and sentinel will have a best freedon to improve your own dps in this mix.

of course, you save a bad class feature/sm(now i have one real reason to be a sm) AND give a breath to instigator.;)

is not a exotic invantion, a total rework, nothing that. just follow the course of the recent additions.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    I think a consensus here is:

1) Remove CC immunity on sprint. Give Threat Rush Back Unlimited charges.
    2) Put prone back on takedown (instead of stun).

These changes paired with the mark ones (previous) I think GWF would be pretty close to where they should be. FLS can keep stun im fine with that.

Honestly with the new mark, Id REALLY like to see Destroyer T4 feat be changed (again ill say it) to a 10% chance to gain a stack off ANY attack (down from 25%).

Id also like to see a GWF universal encounter apply a mark... Like "Not So Fast" or something!

+1, this is exactly what all GWF want. I think this will solve our problems with the mark boost. The rest is silly / absurd. Think of the terminology "takedown" and it has no "prone". Added to that, it would be great if IBS & Flourish animation time was reduced slightly by 0.5s.

The other classes are buffed now - it's not the same as before. I hope the developers think wisely and make the right choices (and so far, with all due respect, they have been extremely stubborn) !
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CC immunity in sprint is awesome, don't remove that.
    Threatening Rush unlimited, yes.
    Prone back to takedown, yes.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Marking Ability on Weapon Master Strike.

That would be great!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Only thing though is that giving Weapon Master Strike mark, will make it harder for dps. With the new mark mechanics you automatically taunt what you're dpsing.

And that can get real hectic if theres a sentinel GWF and a destroyer GWF in the same party. Let alone a GWF and a GF, not to mention our unstoppable is significantly weaker now too.
    edited July 2014
    regardless of the threat to be adjusted by trees, I'm against wms having marked by a matter of accumulation of functions...

steel blitz have 0 functions now...unless you think you do x damage against dummies for five minutes is something fantastic.

while "aggro feature" for a sentinel, would be anarchic.

rather have "2 or 3 reasons" to choose a paragon.

but anyway, the situation is so terrible that any improvement - which is not a trap - serves.
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    steadfast determination : it is a useless class feature , took me about 3 min to completely fill my determination bar by attacking the dummy , in those 3 min i had my AP filled 3 times , the slowest gain is AP gain and even that is filled faster than my determination bar.

here is the video for u to check
    http://youtu.be/LKMgghnsIlI

please atleast make the steadfast determination viable to use cause with the nerf on determination i was planning to use this but it isnt what u called exactly viable. need more determination buff from it .
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014

the improved stun times seem to work better than o thought. More room to attack/ CC and a bit more time to breath and stop the enemy from attacking. Need to test it more btw.

Sprint needs to be more responsive and base stamina regeneration a bit faster, if you guys want us to use it as "proactive" defense, gap closing and such. Just improve it a bit please.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    steadfast determination : it is a useless class feature , took me about 3 min to completely fill my determination bar by attacking the dummy , in those 3 min i had my AP filled 3 times , the slowest gain is AP gain and even that is filled faster than my determination bar.

here is the video for u to check
    http://youtu.be/LKMgghnsIlI

please atleast make the steadfast determination viable to use cause with the nerf on determination i was planning to use this but it isnt what u called exactly viable. need more determination buff from it .

It's tier1 (+10% determination gain) or t3(+30%)?
    3 min for 8 sec god mode it's joke.

Steadfast Determination
    Steadily gain Determination while in combat. Rank 2: Determination: +10%. Rank 3: Determination: +10%.
    Change it to: Rank 1: 20%. Rank2: +12.5%. Rank 3: +12.5%.
    Bravery
    Increase your Deflect and Runspeed by 10%. Rank 2: Buff: +2,5%. Rank 3: Buff: +2,5%.
    Buff: Rank 1: 12%. Rank2: +3%. Rank 3: +3%.
    Steel Blitz
    Become adept at fighting multiple targets, gaining a chance to deal an extra attack which increases based on how many enemies you hit. Rank 2: Damage: +12%. Rank 3: Damage +12%.
    Example: Rank 1: Damage +10%. Enemies cap: 3. Rank 2: Damage: +12.5%. Enemies cap: 6. Rank 3: Damage +15%. Enemies cap: 9.
    Steel Defense
    After activating a Daily power, become immune to damage for 3 seconds. Rank 2: Buff duration: +1s. Rank 3: Buff duration: +1s.
    After activating a Daily power, become immune to damage for 3/4/5 seconds and now daily grants you 10/20/30% more Power "while it is active."
    Steel Grace
    Your skills with weaponry increase, allowing you to mitigate the duration of controlling effects by 10%. Rank 2: Buff: +10%. Rank 3: Buff + 10%.
    Rework it.

And please rework Reaping Strike.
    Increase movement speed while it charging. Buff damage.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's tier1 (+10% determination gain) or t3(+30%)?
    3 min for 8 sec god mode it's joke.
    its t3 , thats y it need rework.
    edited August 2014
    gwf is the champion of useless (and abandoned) powers. unfortunately our "rework" is recycle gf powers / stacks systems / inflate naturally strong powers.

sooner or later the bubble... <<plock>>
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And please rework Reaping Strike.
    Increase movement speed while it charging. Buff damage.

Give us a melee version of split shot? THIS IS MADNESS!
    edited August 2014
    the "old" reaping strike suffered secret nerf. my old damage was 3900, is now 3700 after reworking power (and i up my power in 1000). should be in 4400/4500 base now... yeah...

the old jewel (bleed=15k extra damage... so... 35k)

fef_zps007fb69d.jpg

ps:I hope the dev is aware that gfs with 2x less power, are hitting harder than us. power for what if the base damage of gwf is ridiculous? "new" bleed? have the best base weapon damage for what? enchant dot?

up this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> base...
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Unstoppable
    Your At-Will attacks are much faster but slightly weaker, you gain 8-16% (before nerf 10-20%) of your max hit points as temporary hit points based on how much Determination you had, and you resist 15-30% (before nerf 25-50%) of incoming damage based on how much Determination you had.
    While Unstoppable is active, you gain drastic less AP with At-Will powers.

Reaping Strike and Threatening Rush (IV paragon).
    No speed boost, zero AP gain while Unstoppable.

Rework:
    Reaping Strike (Unstoppable): 5 times less charge time.
    Threatening Rush (Unstoppable): AoE Damage or More Charges.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    u have taken half of resist from Unstoppable then can u at least remove penalty on damage of at wills when Unstoppable this never had any point and now when u taken so much from Unstoppable can we at least get something in return
    edited August 2014

Due to the new features added for the "Mark", the Swordmaster paragon seems to be in disadvantage in comparison with the Iron Vanguard, being IV you are able to Mark your enemies with an At-Will (Threatening Rush) this allow you to keep an AoE At-Will (Wicked Strike) or use single target dps (Sure Strike) according to the fight also keeping 3 offensive Encounters, however, if you are a SM and you want to use the Mark, you have to give up an offensive encounter and use Daring Shout which deals zero damage unless feated and considering how good might be the Daring Shout, we don't need unstoppable gain because (specially Destroyers due to the capstone) in the new areas the enemies hits really hard or even in the old ones like Castle Never, we just need to run toward a group, receive some damage and the bar is full, the mark is good now obviously but the extra damage that we gain doesn't make up the loss of an offensive encounter and even if it does it's better to play IV and spread the mark with TR + 3 offensive encounters. I don't count with the IBS mark because you need to land a killing blow, clearing trash means that most mobs are already close to death so the group doesn't get the whole benefit, doesn't work when fighting bosses without mobs like Fulminorax, Valindra, etc.

Suggestion: Mighty Leap would be a good option for marking opponents after the impact, works for both paragons, can be used in both offensive and defensive ways also granting a better mobility.

I would also like to take into consideration the daily Slam which is supposed to be an Utility skill but unfortunately isn't good enough even feated, if this daily is also able to mark the enemies around the GWF upon his activation, that would be real utility for the group where the GWF is giving up Spinning Strike (heavy AoE dmg) for Slam in order to increase the overall group damage.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    edited August 2014

Due to the new features added for the "Mark", the Swordmaster paragon seems to be in disadvantage in comparison with the Iron Vanguard, being IV you are able to Mark your enemies with an At-Will (Threatening Rush) this allow you to keep an AoE At-Will (Wicked Strike) or use single target dps (Sure Strike) according to the fight also keeping 3 offensive Encounters, however, if you are a SM and you want to use the Mark, you have to give up an offensive encounter and use Daring Shout which deals zero damage unless feated and considering how good might be the Daring Shout, we don't need unstoppable gain because (specially Destroyers due to the capstone) in the new areas the enemies hits really hard or even in the old ones like Castle Never, we just need to run toward a group, receive some damage and the bar is full, the mark is good now obviously but the extra damage that we gain doesn't make up the loss of an offensive encounter and even if it does it's better to play IV and spread the mark with TR + 3 offensive encounters. I don't count with the IBS mark because you need to land a killing blow, clearing trash means that most mobs are already close to death so the group doesn't get the whole benefit, doesn't work when fighting bosses without mobs like Fulminorax, Valindra, etc.

Suggestion: Mighty Leap would be a good option for marking opponents after the impact, works for both paragons, can be used in both offensive and defensive ways also granting a better mobility.

I would also like to take into consideration the daily Slam which is supposed to be an Utility skill but unfortunately isn't good enough even feated, if this daily is also able to mark the enemies around the GWF upon his activation, that would be real utility for the group where the GWF is giving up Spinning Strike (heavy AoE dmg) for Slam in order to increase the overall group damage.

new mark only buffed iron vangourd even more and it was far better choice even before new mark to keep things balanced wms should mark at least now iron vangourd is not just the best for pvp,pve,dps but it is the best for utily to :(
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Can you please take a look at the damage this power deals to players?

On Preview I got 1-hit-killed as a CW through this power by 28k (crit) and I was with Grim gear. When I went with my Cleric in a more modest PvP gear I received 30k damage from it.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    feedback: come and get it and daring shout needs lower cooldown !
    feedback: the buff damage from mark should apply with the damage from CAGI and daring shout
    feedback: Threating rush charges 9 second is to much, more like 7 seconds and a total of 21. seconds should do be enough, and now one will spam that.
    feedback: something is wrong with savage advance animations is bugged.
    feedback : if i start my attack with come and get it, it doesn't do any damage , i think it's bugged.
    feedback : CW briatwine procs as assailnt and doohickey procs as assailnt dunoo if it works as intended..
    edited August 2014
    ok ... I need to be honest to admit. daring shout give a good damage boost now ...

steel blitz still bad anyway, but that mark is really good.

edit: ahn... you test daring shout+bf? please, buff rogue. really, really.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    why are you all complaining about the new mark you essentially getting 2 tab abilities 1 being unstoppable and the other GF's mark except your mark is better because it's pemanent and you can do it with at wills like rush and perma mark 3 enemies where as GF's can only use our tab to make perma marks on 1 lol count yourself lucky the only class with 2 tab abilities
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    why are you all complaining about the new mark you essentially getting 2 tab abilities 1 being unstoppable and the other GF's mark except your mark is better because it's pemanent and you can do it with at wills like rush and perma mark 3 enemies where as GF's can only use our tab to make perma marks on 1 lol count yourself lucky the only class with 2 tab abilities

That's because only 1 paragon path is essentially the dps/tanking/mobility king again, IV (I'm honestly getting sick of this paragon path; I want to try and use SM after using it for a bit in preview, but no point since IV is still going to be better). It doesn't fix much at all, especially for Destroyers since gentlemancrush said something about the GWF mark taking aggro of the enemy no matter what (which I honestly didn't notice when I tried it out a few days ago) since, if you are a max dps glass cannon, you're going to die.
    edited August 2014

After testing a lot the Sentinel Tree, against my partner full r10 BIS bla bla and using ACT, I would like to mention that the capstone Sentinel's Aegis doesn't feel good enough, the GWF is a bit more tankier indeed but you don't have the tools that allow you to be a real tank, I would suggest that the Restoring Strike healing and the additional 50% over 3 seconds becomes unafected by the healing depression effect. It is a minor change because the overall healing isn't much at all but this will increase a bit the survivability of the GWF sentinel that is giving up the damage granted by the Destroyer tree.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited August 2014
    iron vangourd was far superior before but with new mark it becomed even better only way to fix this problem is by alowing wms to mark to or to remove mark from threating rush this is huge problem it is very bad to have 1 path the best in everything what is the point of other path then?this is not only problem on gwf but this is problem on gf there is even bigger since fls is not nerfed by 25% there
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited August 2014

SwordMaster will never be on par with Iron Vanguard for PvP until it's given a proper way to "catch" the enemy.
    Flourish does not even compare to FLS + threat rush, even with threat rush 3 charges. Expecially now, as said, with new mark.

Since flourish now is a heavy-hitter, must allow it to be an opening move. It must be an almost instant power like FLS. Cut the part of animation when the GWF charges the blow, only keep the very short part of the GWF lunging ahead to hit the enemy. Increase range to 30' same as FLS but no AoE.

Again: make sprint more responsive if it's possible and may be increase stamina regeneration a bit.