test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140721a.3

13»

Comments

• sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2014
    Well TR's are absolutley not competitive so Im gonna shelve this game until they decide to fix TR's to be the DPS they are supposed to be.

When HR's are dropping massive thorn wards, got insane regen and more DPS than a TR...all you can do is stand on the node like an imbecile and play catch me if you can.

If that is what this class is regulated to, you can keep it.

Bring back the TR DPS and stop making HR's unkillable.

You also promised sweeping nerfs to GWF's and all we have seen you the dev team retract one nerf after the other.

This game is not fun any longer.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sv3t1ana wrote: »
    *snipped*

TR and DC are both getting worked on after module 4 ,its been confirmed , it's just a matter of how long after module 4 lol
    You didn't announce any changes on DC and TR. Will those classes receive balancing changes in M4 or the near future?

There aren’t any changes for the classes coming for M4. We had a lot of changes lined up for this expansion and wanted to give the classes we're making changes to the due diligence they deserved. The DC and TR will, however, be getting an update sometime after M4.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004473-module-4-preview%3A-warlock-dev-q%26a
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    TR and DC are both getting worked on after module 4 ,its been confirmed , it's just a matter of how long after module 4 lol

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6004473-module-4-preview%3A-warlock-dev-q%26a

Which means Mod 5 /6...No thanks I will not be a training dummy for 6 months.

TR barely competes now ( Cannot vs HR and barely vs GWF )

After GF / CW / HR buffs and GWF's remaining the same.... no... I dont think so.

..and Dont even get me started on the Warlock...

If you see a TR in PvP.. it's a pug.
    Any TR with brains will either quit or stay far away from PvP
    edited July 2014
    http://www.twitch.tv/sv3tya/c/4783922

... HR needs nerfed and HARD...these proposed changes to HR They have asked posted for mod 4 wouldn't even put a dent in HR capability.

• Thorn Ward radius needs reduced
    • HR Deflect / Regen / Set bonus needs changed.
    • Disruptive Shot ignores CC immunity. This needs addressed.
    • HR DPS needs scaled back by at least 30 %
    • HR's have more tankiness than a GF. This is disgusting to even mention.
    • Tabletop HR is a CONTROL Class , not a DPS class.
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Where have they said this?
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Character Reroll

I copied my tiefling CW to test character reroll and she had her costume gear on and displayed. On the character select screen, that showed fine, but when I started the reroll process, she was displayed with a cross of her costume gear and her normal gear set under. She is wearing her yeti hunter set without the headpiece and HV set for gear.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • deathfish01deathfish01 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    elvenaar wrote: »
    Is it stopping at 54-69 MB left for you too?

mine is stuck at 51MB left
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    azeryk1 wrote: »
    Where have they said this?

In the link that I posted , scroll down about halfway through the blog.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mine is stuck at 51MB left

For me it's now at a steady 55MB and does 11 MBs, but never registers them, just keeps looping after that.
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cerberobot wrote: »
    SW was planned to be one of the best MONO-TARGET DPS, he is,

But he also has BETTER Encounters Powers Base Damages than GWF, who should be the best AoE DPS.

Just in that we see there's a problem.

Have they made no attempt to change this? If SW is too OP then it's just going to ruin a lot of things
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, for those warlocks who have not mastered the Art of SHIFT dodging and who don't have a good companion will find themselves a pile a goo really quick. Less so if they take the Dreaded Puppet Master route. :confused:
    edited July 2014
    bazgc wrote: »
    Royal Guard set and a decent crit chance with the feat "prime critical" will do that. If things go well you can stack 3 encounter powers, however the HR feat tree is being tinkered with.
    Tested on Preview. You can still do that as an Archer with Royal Guard Armor. Two is common, three you can do if you get lucky.

HR Nerfs ?

PFFFT..we learned our lesson from so called PW Nerf squads. They can't Balance their checkbooks let alone classes.

HR / GWF / GF / CW / SW All will be fine...

Well built DC's will still be fine....

TR is a dead class.

Sad thing is, there is enough blame to go around to everyone.
    • No TR's are sticking up for their class voicing their opinions out of fear of being forum banned.
    • Low skilled pugs go into PvP with 9k GS and wonder why a TR uses minimal effort to kill them, then they come here to QQ about everything the TR does... without even mentioning the true broken classes.
    • Dev's who barely know how skills work in PvP make changes based off of said input from people, when you look at their character sheet, have a mix of greens, blues and purples. One guy even had a ring of Warding still on.

Let's just call a spade a spade and fix the classes the way they are supposed to be fixed.

#1 rule of Class Balancing.

You Balance from the TOP DOWN because the players are building from the Bottom, Up... SOE Does it.. Blizzard does it.. why is this such a problem here with PW / Cryptic ?

The path to success has already been paved, I'm not sure what is so hard to understand here.

Right now Any person who managed to have the Minimal intelligence it requires to build a character to over 13k GS ( At Least )

Knows the HR and GWF are the 2 classes that Need Nerfed... HR needs Nerfed HARD and GWF needs tweaked...

But you rolled all that back now didnt you guys.

So why do we even bother... like talking to a wall.
  • holeypaladinholeypaladin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Iron vanguard will still be the top DPS build for GWF due to the marking ability of threatening rush.
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    Iron vanguard will still be the top DPS build for GWF due to the marking ability of threatening rush.

And Sentinel will be top DPS due to Determination gain nerfed, Destroyer granting 1 stack per hit, marking boost damage feat +15% and 50% of power as damages feat.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    And Sentinel will be top DPS due to Determination gain nerfed, Destroyer granting 1 stack per hit, marking boost damage feat +15% and 50% of power as damages feat.

lol, DEstroyer GWF won't have any problem in the instances... he will do the same work, not to say if he has problems he can add more HP from belt,

marking boost is for destroyer too, not only for sentinels, and from mark not only gwf gets the fun out of it, but the entire team deals 8% more damage if i am not wrong, but that is not all the 50% power as daamge? seriosly .. you reead that feat wrong... np , you can add a coin and try again comin wiht something smart.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

that amount of nonsense.
    but that happens , newbs ill always QQ about stuff that they dont understand.
  • cerberobotcerberobot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 345
    edited August 2014
    lmarking boost is for destroyer too, not only for sentinels, and from mark not only gwf gets the fun out of it, but the entire team deals 8% more damage if i am not wrong, but that is not all the 50% power as daamge? seriosly .. you reead that feat wrong... np , you can add a coin and try again comin wiht something smart.
    I'm talking about the marking boost FEAT. Only IBS and At-Wills for destroyer deal good damages in AoE, and for sentinel with the feat 50% power as damage he can have huge dps too.

And, well, that's not true, that was quite sarcastic because there are 2 DPS feats in a "tank tree" :D.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    HR Nerfs ?

PFFFT..we learned our lesson from so called PW Nerf squads. They can't Balance their checkbooks let alone classes.

HR / GWF / GF / CW / SW All will be fine...

Well built DC's will still be fine....

TR is a dead class.

Sad thing is, there is enough blame to go around to everyone.
    • No TR's are sticking up for their class voicing their opinions out of fear of being forum banned.
    • Low skilled pugs go into PvP with 9k GS and wonder why a TR uses minimal effort to kill them, then they come here to QQ about everything the TR does... without even mentioning the true broken classes.
    • Dev's who barely know how skills work in PvP make changes based off of said input from people, when you look at their character sheet, have a mix of greens, blues and purples. One guy even had a ring of Warding still on.

Let's just call a spade a spade and fix the classes the way they are supposed to be fixed.

#1 rule of Class Balancing.

You Balance from the TOP DOWN because the players are building from the Bottom, Up... SOE Does it.. Blizzard does it.. why is this such a problem here with PW / Cryptic ?

The path to success has already been paved, I'm not sure what is so hard to understand here.

Right now Any person who managed to have the Minimal intelligence it requires to build a character to over 13k GS ( At Least )

Knows the HR and GWF are the 2 classes that Need Nerfed... HR needs Nerfed HARD and GWF needs tweaked...

But you rolled all that back now didnt you guys.

So why do we even bother... like talking to a wall.

They didn't roll all the HR nerfs back. Archery is still nerfed in PVP. Combat is more nerfed than ever with the latest change putting an ICD on Wilds Medicine.

No spec is going to have any good CC since constricting arrow is gone.

Mod3 was a real nerf to HR burst. The only reason we remained good is because they flicked some switch by mistake and made our pvp set not obey healing depression.

That and the synergy between careful attack, thorn ward, plague fire, and aimed strike is really great.

But mainly it's the healing set fiasco that is the root of all evil, and that's being heavily addressed with the changes. There's no excuse for the GWF in mod3 since it was a result of a long series of deliberate buffs to the destroyer tree.

GWF I can't really tell anymore with all the changes if they're going to be as good. They'll definitely still be a huge threat since they aren't really nerfing their damage.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
    edited August 2014
    Double / Triple thorn ward is still there.

WM is still keeping HR survivability very high...

Your DPS has not suffered very much at all....

Of course your going to attempt to sidetrack, justify then derail any attention to HR as you play one.

The class is stupid game breaking ****ing OP and it needs to be nerfed into oblivion.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Double / Triple thorn ward is still there.

WM is still keeping HR survivability very high...

Your DPS has not suffered very much at all....

Of course your going to attempt to sidetrack, justify then derail any attention to HR as you play one.

The class is stupid game breaking ****ing OP and it needs to be nerfed into oblivion.

Triple thorn ward never existed. Double thorn ward is getting disabled.

WM is getting an ICD meaning self-healing is going way down. For you this means that duelist's flurry is going to hurt them.

DPS should be about the same but it's not great right now. What makes us good in 1v1 is our bugged pvp set healing us so much.

Constricting arrow will no longer stun multiple times.

I'm not trying to sidetrack anything, I'm informing you of changes you're obviously not aware of. Mod4 HR is not looking very good atm. I'm not entirely sure it's going to be viable with superbuffed GFs and perma-freezing shield-tanking CWs running around.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, however, that TR will still have stealth and still be the best class for contesting side-nodes.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
This discussion has been closed.