test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

perma TRs in pvp

124»

Comments

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Respected, yeah by only premade teams, who use it to make a fool out of PUGs, but i haven't been in a PUG team, where anybody was happy about a perma, quiet the opposite!
    Really? My experience of PuGs is that they're overjoyed to have a perma or two in their own team but QQ like crazy if there's one in the opposite team. There's a word for behaviour of that kind. Begins with H...
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • lindsaylowhandlindsaylowhand Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Permas would be a lot less annoying if there were other game modes than Domination.
    Seems permas were made for this game mode.
    I think a lot less people would complain about or make permas if there were different objectives in the matches.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah, if there were more PVP game modes, like capture the flag, king of the hill or others, perma TRs woudln't be such a problem, the build is aimed at that specific kind of play.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You are complaining about something that cant kill an equally geared guy
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    is it just me or do they need some "tweaking"?

this is pretty much the rotation:

pop the immunity encounter
    stab you to death
    go back into stealth

rinse, repeat

it's kind of broken, when they can single handedly hold an objective in pvp

and they can keep doing this at their heart's content

am i wrong to think that **** is broken?

is there any tweaking being made in mod4?

Thats not even perma stealth.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Really? My experience of PuGs is that they're overjoyed to have a perma or two in their own team but QQ like crazy if there's one in the opposite team. There's a word for behaviour of that kind. Begins with H...

And i got a word that begins with :B....
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    who cares about dnd, this is a mmorpg

Just tell this to yourself, when you start the game and you see the DnD logo from Wizards of the Coast!

Sorry, but this was so poorly...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Learn to play yourself, try it out not to abuse that artifact and try a char, who hasn't got the perma ability, say a poor GF live now, don't speak guys about Mod4 changes, it hasn't even arrived and who knows, what it will bring for any class, still plenty time for Devs to change things.

Plz don't talk me in, that being invisible isn't a huge advantage over visible targets, that's so childish!

I will take everything back, if anyone can show me a DnD 100% perma Rogue in real DnD, from any TSR or Wizards story!

It's not a perma-rogue, you can see TRs during Impossible to Catch :)

So if a perma would be in D&D, you would just accept it? Why? Everybody can make mistakes, PnP is not perfect, you shouldn't accept broken stuff just because it's official.

Anyway, just tell me what your class is, I'll try to help you. I play a GWF and a CW as well besides my TR, and when I feel like playing with my team's emotions I might even play my old GF.

Crying in the forums won't achieve anything. You're better off adapting and learning how to deal with the so called permas.

Also you have no actual idea what artifact I was talking about am I correct?
  • sv3t1anasv3t1ana Banned Users Posts: 69
    edited July 2014
    TR & DC will be getting a rework after Mod 4 launches. If it's anything like what's happened to HR/CW/GWF then it may not be something to look forward to. We can hope for better.

No, TR and DC will see no changes or rework in Mod 4

They didnt have "enough time "
    edited July 2014

I will take everything back, if anyone can show me a DnD 100% perma Rogue in real DnD, from any TSR or Wizards story!

Seeing how Tabletop D&D is open to the DM's creativity.

Rogue walks into Sage shop and drops 5,000 gold on the counter.

Rogue says, I would like the following things cast on me in specific order
    • Improved Invisibility
    • Contingency
    • Permanency
    ^ 100 % perma Rogue

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?230413-Cloak-of-Invisibility-Best-item-in-the-game
  • mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited July 2014
    You can't compare balance in the pnp games to an mmorg. Pre-4e was balanced around group play. Power issues in theory were kept in check by social contracts or the dms authority. The game allowed for wild power balances on paper but in practice for most games the social contract likely held.

You also cannot compare try Perm as it is in nwo to the pnp games because (at least in 3.5) by the time you could do it everything could counter it.
    edited July 2014
    This game is Almost to a T Have everything pulled from 4E...

So we are speaking strictly 4E
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They need to fine tune perms, ill never understand how they stay in stealth while on fire/poisoned/knocked down... must have to do with some kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gas that makes fire disappear....
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It always amuses me when people try to apply real-world logic to a fantasy world that includes dragons and wizards.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sv3t1ana wrote: »
    Learn to adjust your volume..gg

I dont have problems finding perms. But against this daily you cant really avoid the damage. They simply walk nearby (still out of sight for detection because of the range) and it goes off too fast to react with dodge. Basically a no-skiller, even if I admit that perms indeed require skill and also good gear to work. But I see more and more perms are now centered around this single daily.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    to dodge SE you just need to get out of its range, it's not easy but it can be done.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited August 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    I dont have problems finding perms. But against this daily you cant really avoid the damage. They simply walk nearby (still out of sight for detection because of the range) and it goes off too fast to react with dodge. Basically a no-skiller, even if I admit that perms indeed require skill and also good gear to work. But I see more and more perms are now centered around this single daily.

Just stop... please...seriously.

HR's and GWF's are easily 5x worse than TR's right now.

Your really pissing alot of people off with this right now.

leave the ****ing class alone already and stop kicking it while it's down.

TR class is dead.

Your a CW ( with only 22k hp ), you shouldnt be fighting TR's anyway.....
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2014

TR class is dead.

It's better to just ignore him, eventually he will get tired and leave. Lol@22k hp good gosh. My "alt" CW has 30k =/
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

TR class is dead.

Oh yes... you actually were that dude who made all the work to look up my handle, running after me and making in secret a screenshot and edit it. First if you didnt recognize it already, this is harassment. You dont know me. You can post a picture of my 8k GS TR who is on page 200 of the leaderboard if you like and hang it over your bed. Who cares about that? You have also no idea about my PvP history. You got already reported for this and I am not willing to continue a discussion on this level.

My gear is completely sufficient for my bracket. It is funny if people think that someone must also have a toon geared to be competitive in the first 10 pages of the leaderboard (and all who play pvp more regularly know that the leaderboard does hardly reflect skill, more the size of the wallet and the number of premades) in order to talk about PvP.

I may be wrong but this daily seems to ignore any form of DR (tenacity etc.). It hit about 2x as hard as Ice Knife. As AOE.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
    edited August 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    It's better to just ignore him, eventually he will get tired and leave. Lol@22k hp good gosh. My "alt" CW has 30k =/

And that alt CW probably hit like a wet noodle. You cant have everything.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

Nah you can have decent HP and still do good damage.

Every class should be shooting for 30k at least for PVP. Surviving pays more than killing in Domination.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My CW has 23K HP and i don't mind WoB, or permastealth.
    edited August 2014

Actually he hits pretty hard, I have a pvp build/gear etc and I know my way around and dealing with different classes (not saying I pwn all the time) but I do pretty good for an alt char. You on the other hand sound like you're struggling.

You sound like you get singled out and die a lot...I am usually the target when on my CW especially against GWF's and TR's - annoying but I deal with it.
    edited August 2014
    Only sometimes people single me out, especially when I am on a killing spree. And no, I usually not struggle. I only have the feeling that this daily is bypassing DR. Anyways, leaving this conversation for good.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
    edited August 2014
    You seem mad.
  • shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014

How is that different that CCing someone or proning them and then hitting them with a daily(CW, GWF). Note that those classes have the tools to set up a "undodgeable daily" TR does not. And no, few, VERY few rogues are actually centered around this daily. If stealth turns to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I have a build ready to go that would effectively double my WOB damage and give me enough AP gain to spam it almost every rotation. The most I have every been hit by a WOB is 19k, in all my matches of pvping, and I pvp every day. My own WOB does around 13k CRIT max on players. I range from page 20-40 on the leaderboards and got there by only solo queing, so don't give me this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> "because you suck". My WOB is probably pretty close to the average, if not even a little above average.

Honestly, the way people have been talking about WOB is downright delusional. To read this thread one would think that when a TR caps his AP bar five people magically appear in range, the WOB crits on every single one of them, and in that moment the TR turns into a 7k power, Pvorp PVE build.

My own experience is that I might use a daily 3-5 times during a match. I'll use it on 3 or more players once or twice during a match. I'm at 38% crit chance, my average WOB hit is around the 9-10k range. And if your a CW or GF that's not exceptionally good, I won't even use it on you, because I never needed to in the first place.
    edited August 2014
    How is that different that CCing someone or proning them and then hitting them with a daily(CW, GWF). Note that those classes have the tools to set up a "undodgeable daily" TR does not. And no, few, VERY few rogues are actually centered around this daily. If stealth turns to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I have a build ready to go that would effectively double my WOB damage and give me enough AP gain to spam it almost every rotation. The most I have every been hit by a WOB is 19k, in all my matches of pvping, and I pvp every day. My own WOB does around 13k CRIT max on players. I range from page 20-40 on the leaderboards and got there by only solo queing, so don't give me this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> "because you suck". My WOB is probably pretty close to the average, if not even a little above average.

Honestly, the way people have been talking about WOB is downright delusional. To read this thread one would think that when a TR caps his AP bar five people magically appear in range, the WOB crits on every single one of them, and in that moment the TR turns into a 7k power, Pvorp PVE build.

My own experience is that I might use a daily 3-5 times during a match. I'll use it on 3 or more players once or twice during a match. I'm at 38% crit chance, my average WOB hit is around the 9-10k range. And if your a CW or GF that's not exceptionally good, I won't even use it on you, because I never needed to in the first place.

Boom! This right here. Also on my CW I can make my Ice Knife land all the time with the use of a skill or 2 or 3 as stated above. I have no idea why these people (small amount) are crying so much, either they're terrible in pvp or have terrible characters.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Forum mods, can you close this thread please? This guys clearly has no idea of what he's talking about and is only p*** off people.

This thread has no productivity and is only causing a bad experience overall.