test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow, just wowwwwwwwwwww......................

Spend 110 Zen bought the blueprint from the zen store, refine it to a point, now I need profession resources to upgrade the thing, reallllllly, I mean come on. Ok went to the auction house to see what it cost........wowwwww.

100 items (100k)
    1 Skinner leather working (118k)

So that mean i need to spend the next 5 hours on my professions just to make enough to upgrade it to the next level.

This event is so pathetic it is not even worth my time.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no info about anything in the Deva package... what about the Astral Sea items? What are the stats? I tried to check on the AH if anyone was selling them, but there's none... are they BoP or they simply don't show on the AH?

Were the people from QA even noticed about this stuff? Did anyone check anything before putting this on Live? I am dissapoint :|

From in-game chat, they are BoP as well as companion only.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I was kind of dissapointed when I realized that the toy has dissapeared after I used it :(

The toy apparatus is a single-use item?

edited July 2014
    Or it is a brilliant way to reward people who maxed out crafting professions on multiple characters! :)

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Toy of aparatus 1 time use? Why ?:?

Half hour of work for nothing 10 sec .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Wow, just wowwwwwwwwwww......................

Spend 110 Zen bought the blueprint to from the zen store, refine it to a point, now I need profession resources to upgrade the thing, reallllllly, I mean come on. Ok went to the auction house to see what it cost........wowwwww.

100 items (100k)
    1 Skinner leather working (118k)

So that mean i need to spend the next 5 hours on my professions just to make enough to upgrade it to the next level.

This event is so pathetic it is not even worth my time.

not impressed here either.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    this event is just waste of time, if u want to do it w,o spending zen it ill take alot of AD and time cause u can get only 1 grommet every 30 sec.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »

Fancy? Looks a little non-hetero to me. . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Fancy? Looks a little non-hetero to me. . . :)

I see what you did there. ~cough~
    (I agree)
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    This astral deva is just a big rip off. Active bonus applies only to a companion, but tooltip does not say "Affects companion" like any other normal pet. It says below tho "Applies to your summoned companion while companion is active" but absence of "Affects companion" is REALLY confusing.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    is the extra profession task not available via Gateway? i dont see it listed
    edited July 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    is the extra profession task not available via Gateway? i dont see it listed

What extra profession?

edited July 2014
    from the article:

"In addition to finding the Wondrous items via the creatures of the Forgotten Realms, a limited time profession task will be introduced which players can create the Rank 3 Sprocket along with lower tier Wondrous event items."
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    from the article:

"In addition to finding the Wondrous items via the creatures of the Forgotten Realms, a limited time profession task will be introduced which players can create the Rank 3 Sprocket along with lower tier Wondrous event items."

It looks like every profession except leadership has a new task to create sprockets. It's a level 6 task that uses resources appropriate to each profession. Now watch as iron ore, wool, etc. skyrocket in price in the AH.
    edited July 2014
    wow those are horrible. checking the leatherworking you need
    100 pelts
    50 rock salt
    5 desert roses
    5 dark clovers.

all this for 1 rank 3, 5 rank 2 and 2 rank 1 grommets.

and it takes 2 hours.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice job as usual. An event that makes the greedy even greedier without giving new players ANY hope....

That's their motto apparently. New player? Too bad, nothing special for you.
    edited July 2014
    from the article:

Gotcha, I thought you were referring to a new profession like the Summer and Winter festivals have.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, yes, yes....finally something to do with all my level 20 professions and multiple stacks of 999 resources I have collected over the course of playing ;)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wow those are horrible. checking the leatherworking you need
    100 pelts
    50 rock salt
    5 desert roses
    5 dark clovers.

all this for 1 rank 3, 5 rank 2 and 2 rank 1 grommets.

and it takes 2 hours.

muhahahahaha! I have been hoarding random professions supplies for many months. Time to put them all on the AH at ridiculously high prices. :D

I guess I am an evil AD hoarder now? :) Actually, I have never "played the AD market" but might do it this one time. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Exchange backlog now up to 9.4 million in zen requested and steadily growing.
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone seen any Sprockets or Cogs drop from enemies,I have only seen grommets drop.The wondermaker of Gond says "They will sometimes drop various parts of gond's wonders, such as wondrous Grommet or a wondrous cog, or a wondrous sprocket."So just wanting to see if this is a bug because if we are only getting grommets from enemies,to get the doohickey we need to farm 20 hours about.
    So have any of you guys gotten anything other than grommets?
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    heh people charging 45k+ for toy apparatus of gond.. that lasts for 30 seconds =P
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The toy's tooltip really needs an update to point out that it's a single-use item. Found out the hard way.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    muhahahahaha! I have been hoarding random professions supplies for many months. Time to put them all on the AH at ridiculously high prices. :D

I guess I am an evil AD hoarder now? :) Actually, I have never "played the AD market" but might do it this one time. . .

Definitely. I've only ever gone for Professions XP-Only and all those chests and skill nodes I've been opening for almost 18 months will finally pay-off. So many I have multiple maxed-out stacks of stuff. LOL
    edited July 2014
    you need other materials to refine the items? if you look at the picture on the news post it only shows the gond items. it does not show anything else.
  • somenewnoob1somenewnoob1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can you find things like grommets on the AH? I was searching and couldn't find them.
    edited July 2014
    miscellanous. the grommetts are 2500 ad each though so far.
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Made 1.9 mil in 30 minutes on reselling Wool Scraps ;D Great event, love it
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited July 2014
    you need other materials to refine the items? if you look at the picture on the news post it only shows the gond items. it does not show anything else.

Hmm... Errr.... maybe it was a picture of an earlier version of the refining process??? O.o
This discussion has been closed.