test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter is coming to Xbox One!

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in News & Announcements
We are proud to announce that in 2015, Neverwinter will be journeying into new territory—Xbox One!

For details:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6006353-neverwinter-is-coming-to-xbox-one%21
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First! /10char
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • atseearratseearr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there won't be cross-play with the PC version

Shame.

Still. It'll be interesting to see a proper MMORPG running on a console. Next-gen console at that.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, it's actually good that Xbox customers will be starting fresh. And from the linked article, they'll be staggering the release of the current content on the Xbox, so it's likely the PC version will always be ahead of the curve.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah the staggering content releases part is important because hopefully it means we won't lose too many pc players to the xbox version because I would assume most players will want to play the latest possible content . I just hope they don't start offering huge lumps of xbox exclusive content.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    It's also a shame that it's only launching in China, afaik.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    atseearr wrote: »
    It's also a shame that it's only launching in China, afaik.

China first this Fall followed by worldwide release in the first half of 2015. They must have been working on it a fair amount of time for a Fall release O_o
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    HOOAH WELCOME XBOX users to the bug world of never fix anything! have fun! Also look for the doctor to prescribe meds as you are not normal perfect world is the bugs are not real
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    China first this Fall followed by worldwide release in the first half of 2015. They must have been working on it a fair amount of time for a Fall release O_o

Thanks for clarifying. Now I can get excited again :D

Will soon be able to play Neverwinter with my console-peasant friends...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Congratulations. I hope it goes wonderfully quickly. Then you can get started on that Mac port. :)
  • draventakdraventak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    We are proud to announce that in 2015, Neverwinter will be journeying into new territory—Xbox One!

For details:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6006353-neverwinter-is-coming-to-xbox-one%21

so does this mean we will be able to use our xbox one controlers on the pc game ? not having to buy another version for my xbox? that would be nice to be able to use our contolers on either platform. which should of been done at the begining.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dont you think you should make the current game playable first? or have you given up. + inb4 they make the same mistakes all over again #caturday2.0
    Don't waste my time.
  • xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The amount of work to make a MMORPG playable from PC to Xbox One must be staggering, all the redesigning of input and powers/controls. Great way to expand the player base and raise the games profile, might win a few people to the PC version.

I would not be surprised if there will be some exclusive content, Microsoft have always had an eye on that sort of market so maybe expect a few small things here and there.

Wonder if they are plans for a PS4 version.......hmm see comment re Microsoft and exclusivity deals!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm glad to see the game is expanding its potential audience, but I would never want to play an MMO on a console - I just prefer my mouse and keyboard too much. Regardless, good luck with the XBONE launch!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, does this mean the long delayed [over a year now, actually] Controller support that was removed in the beta will finally come back around?

As long as you're going to do the work to make the game controller friendly for the console, may as well add in the option for PC gamers who prefer controllers, or need them.

....Please? Pretty please? You did promise, Cryptic!
  • snowspartandlsnowspartandl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    draventak wrote: »
    so does this mean we will be able to use our xbox one controlers on the pc game ? not having to buy another version for my xbox? that would be nice to be able to use our contolers on either platform. which should of been done at the begining.

Xpadder... I have been playing with an xbox controller from the start.
  • iamruneiamrune Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am using Xpadder currently as well, but I didn't have to in Beta, and I shouldn't have too now.. We were promised it would be back, and it's been over a year.

Of course, since that was in the beta board sections, I don't know how I'd find it to link it too you, but it was there.
  • snowspartandlsnowspartandl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They may have scrapped it because they wanted their end game to be on console...? Just a thought, but it seems the only reason why they would have compatibility then dump it.
  • abyronicheroabyronichero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iamrune wrote: »
    So, does this mean the long delayed [over a year now, actually] Controller support that was removed in the beta will finally come back around?

As long as you're going to do the work to make the game controller friendly for the console, may as well add in the option for PC gamers who prefer controllers, or need them.

....Please? Pretty please? You did promise, Cryptic!

IDK

Honestly, the best way to do this would be to either:

A) Give full controller support to your loyal PC users so they can enjoy their content the way they like. Honestly, most games that have console counterparts (DC Universe is a great example) give you both Keyboard/Mouse support and Controller so you can alternate. Also, doesn't require a complete redesign because you are just mapping movement and action bar.

B) Allow your current users to TRANSFER their current characters (even if there are item/ content restrictions) so that you have a BUILT IN BASE for you're new game. I don't know many people who've been through the Neverwinter gear/level grind that are looking forward to doing it again with a controller on an inferior console PC (I own an Xbox One, and that is what it is). The rest of the world is not China and their isn't a built in MMO fan base. We Neverwinter players are a loyal bunch and have the ability to transfer characters would at least mean your new Xbone world will begin with a built in population.

Without having people get on board early you end up like . . . Warframe or Warhawk or whatever other crappy console MMOs that are out there.

(I know this is going to be a seperate game with no cross play but allowing players to use their existing accounts to transfer a high level character would be a great idea and truly set your 'new' version up for success, not failure.)

I know this request is futile, just like the numerous request to have PAID race changes. I thought I'd throw it out there nevertheless.
  • kaoticismkaoticism Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can't imagine there being any character transfers. With the content release being staggered, any gear you may have from Sharandar, Dread Ring, or Icewind Dale simply won't exist in the initial XBox One release.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With the limited skills in neverwinter it's always been obvious that they were angling for a console release at somepoint, it was only really a question of which side the fence it would fall on. Being taken up for the xbone was the more obvious destination as sony already have a variety of mmo's so they might not really want or need another.

Not going to hold my breath for controller support on pc, even official releases like new classes have a long gap before they are actually out in full due to the way the paragon path choice is still non-existent at first. Something else that was highlighted in the beta but has never been sorted as it means people have to buy respecs.

In some ways it's good to see a game that already out not being ignored due to the idiotic parity clause microsoft has which is preventing games from ever reaching their consolebase.

Cant wait to for the mountain of pvp rage brought about by entire teams filled with players called "xboxsignout"
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited July 2014
    atseearr wrote: »
    Shame.

Still. It'll be interesting to see a proper MMORPG running on a console. Next-gen console at that.

Really? FF XIV ARR and DCUO and mmo's like that work just fine.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I honestly can't imagine XB1 (and PS4 players eventually, no doubt) coughing up $100 for DLC. You think you've seen uproars here over pricing? Oh boy.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xenotorch wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if there will be some exclusive content, Microsoft have always had an eye on that sort of market so maybe expect a few small things here and there.

Wonder if they are plans for a PS4 version.......hmm see comment re Microsoft and exclusivity deals!

PW or Cryptic haven't "announced" it but apparently Sony has and that was back in June after E3. If this article is to be believed, and I don't know why it shouldn't be, Neverwinter will be making it's way to PS4 as well. I doubt it will have exclusive content on Xbox it will probably just get timed exclusivity.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Q:
    Will be options for PC user to use Keyboard and mouse for X-box one version of NW?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    question: is there a way to transfer PC characters on the Xbox version?
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    check out X-box one Gameplay,chinese version

http://youtu.be/A5UBEd2fYRc
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At some point, please merge the two player bases so we can change our play between the two systems. I am pretty sure the xbox version will get a low turnout and you will lose your player base because of it.
  • koekjeszijnlekkekoekjeszijnlekke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Neverwinter is comming to xbox and no one on PC will want to play with them because the xbox controller is inferior to the keyboard for this or any kind of game that isn't a fighting or racing game.
  • koekjeszijnlekkekoekjeszijnlekke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ofcourse not, this has nothing to do with the game itself but everything with the xbox-ones infrastructure. xbox one doesn't do keyboard and mouse.
  • kenjitamura5kenjitamura5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ofcourse not, this has nothing to do with the game itself but everything with the xbox-ones infrastructure. xbox one doesn't do keyboard and mouse.

I wonder if they do a Steambox version, knock on wood, if they'll segregate that playerbase too for some reason. Since it's really just a PC that runs a linux OS and optimized for controller gameplay. If the game ports to the PS4 and XBOX One and if the Steambox gets any appreciable playerbase I don't see it being such a huge leap to port it to Steam Box.

On the flipside if the game were to be ported to Steambox/linux and is just absorbed into the already existing PC interface I guess that'd be some good marketing hype for SteamBox. Playing Neverwinter as a console experience with existing PC base that is, which PS4 and Xbox don't support.

Lots of hypotheticals and speculation here though >.< ... More just me thinking out loud than any optimism that any of this could happen.
This discussion has been closed.