test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chests bugged. Repeat loot. (Delves, Lairs & More)

Comments

• Options
    forumsutekidoforumsutekido Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please fix
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've completely given up with respect to this. It's apparent to me at this point the their upcoming Module 4 as well as new zen purchases are much more important than than in-game progression to them. This is a real shame and the reputation they are getting from these types of problems on other mmo sites are alarming.

Funny thing is I need to buy zen to convert to AD to buy a few high level enchants... Not going to do that until I get the armor pieces I need from chests though. So by not fixing this, they kinda hurt themselves....
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it wasn't intentional, it would have been fixed long ago.
    There are some other bugs obviously intentionally kept unfixed - like GWF roaring, HR healing, CW wrong damage calculation, TR augmented companion not going on stealth, etc.
    We will see tomorrow after patch, really hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    If it wasn't intentional, it would have been fixed long ago.
    There are some other bugs obviously intentionally kept unfixed - like GWF roaring, HR healing, CW wrong damage calculation, TR augmented companion not going on stealth, etc.
    We will see tomorrow after patch, really hope I am wrong.

Just curious as to why you think it may be intentional as it stops people from spending money? In my opinion, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory, and think that its just a matter of they got too much happening. They have built too many roads too quickly and don't have the infrastructure to maintain them. They should have played SimCity to learn that lesson :D.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Some people I know are still getting same loot from chest, BUT some are getting more random. Maybe it's the selection of people I know?

As for locking a poor Dev in a closet until this is fixed - augh. :( Don't make me relive nightmares of working on NWN Classic modules where bugs just randomly pop up even if you put in every letter of coding in a script correct. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens!

Somewhere some poor Dev is being driven nuts by this as "the job to do until it's done". Fixes aren't always immediate, nor easily visible.

I'm still waiting on Fey Thistle to not initiate "combat jogging". Meanwhiles I cope in RP as being a dragoness on alert, or people ignore it.

There's a big long list of bugs out there that will get fixed. They fixed that skill node in the Death Forge after all.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bump. keep this open and fresh till its fixed!!!!!
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I believe a dev has said they are "looking into" this bug
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    coldbore2coldbore2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bump

Clean up your mess pwe...
  • Options
    boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Worst gaming company ever, i wont recomend any of ur games to none of my friends i nfact il ridicule u to all the ppl i know that play online games, why? CUZ U DESERVE IT u dont care bout ppl who actualy puts money in ur pockets
  • Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No. A forum admin said something to the effect of: 'this is a bug. thanks.'
    Look around a little, it's the 7th post down on one of the threads on this bug.
    One positive thing is that I was able to farm the heck out of PK yesterday and I sold a bunch of vorp shards at 17k each. Lesser Plague Fire, here I come!
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I think it's already fixed..?

I got different loot from epic idris & mad dragon.. havent done exhaustive testing tho, so i cant be really sure whether or not all other dungeon's fixed too
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ive had dozens of runs in FH and Karrundux and all resulted in a el cheapo salvage belt.

Ive stopped DDs for gear farming until such a time I know its fixed. Quite frustrating in the end.

Sadly, farming the AoW was one of my objectives for that class before the nerfs, as I dont really see using it much after that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    volchitsa wrote: »
    No. A forum admin said something to the effect of: 'this is a bug. thanks.'
    Look around a little, it's the 7th post down on one of the threads on this bug.
    One positive thing is that I was able to farm the heck out of PK yesterday and I sold a bunch of vorp shards at 17k each. Lesser Plague Fire, here I come!

No, I saw the Admin post you're talking about. When I said dev, I meant dev. I don't remember where I read it, but it only said "we're looking into it".
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    Just curious as to why you think it may be intentional as it stops people from spending money? In my opinion, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory, and think that its just a matter of they got too much happening. They have built too many roads too quickly and don't have the infrastructure to maintain them. They should have played SimCity to learn that lesson :D.

After today's "patch", are you still curious or non-believing in conspiracy theories? :)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I'm told that the Devs are aware of these issues plaguing Delve Chests:
    • Delve Keys not Working Correctly
    • Delve Chests repeatedly giving the sale loot on each Delve.
    They are indeed working to resolve these. However, I do not have any more details or an ETA beyond that.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl
    PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014

Hey guys,

Had a pow-wow with some of the parties looking into this. They are aware of this issue and are working on it. Things are a bit hectic with M4's launch getting closer and closer, but I'll keep on them about this. Unfortunately, I have no concrete ETA on a fix at this time.

• Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I'm told that the Devs are aware of these issues plaguing Delve Chests:
    • Delve Keys not Working Correctly
    • Delve Chests repeatedly giving the sale loot on each Delve.
    They are indeed working to resolve these. However, I do not have any more details or an ETA beyond that.

Safe travels,
    PWE Community Moderator
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey guys,

Had a pow-wow with some of the parties looking into this. They are aware of this issue and are working on it. Things are a bit hectic with M4's launch getting closer and closer, but I'll keep on them about this. Unfortunately, I have no concrete ETA on a fix at this time.

Just to make it clear:

The 'same contents' aspect affects all dungeon chests (don't know about lair chests such as Witch's Fen, etc) at all times, not just during delves.

During Delves, if you ran a dungeon once, all later runs will have chest locked, despite having keys in inventory. GM "Abort Quest" doesn't fix the locked chest during Delves.

Running any dungeon more than once (with what seems like any person you ran the dungeon with once before) results in the locked chest bug, BUT GM "Abort Quest" WILL work (at least for me it worked 4/4 runs and had other people in party have success).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    volchitsa wrote: »
    Just to make it clear:

The 'same contents' aspect affects all dungeon chests (don't know about lair chests such as Witch's Fen, etc) at all times, not just during delves.

During Delves, if you ran a dungeon once, all later runs will have chest locked, despite having keys in inventory. GM "Abort Quest" doesn't fix the locked chest during Delves.

Running any dungeon more than once (with what seems like any person you ran the dungeon with once before) results in the locked chest bug, BUT GM "Abort Quest" WILL work (at least for me it worked 4/4 runs and had other people in party have success).

To add: yes, it does also affect lair chests.
  • Options
    coldbore2coldbore2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Laughable..

By all means, keep pumping out new content before addressing the issue. Heaven forbid the game actually works correctly! But hey.. look at this shiny new thing coming soon!
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorry to interrupt and sorry me for not reading trough the entire thread, but does this "bug" include things like i have since a few days (although i pay every month a bit to support the game), that when i go into dungeons, i only get nothing or just blue item, while my teammates get boringly the same, but still epic loot. I did ToS, Idris, FH and only blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Is this part of a bug?
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry to interrupt and sorry me for not reading trough the entire thread, but does this "bug" include things like i have since a few days (although i pay every month a bit to support the game), that when i go into dungeons, i only get nothing or just blue item, while my teammates get boringly the same, but still epic loot. I did ToS, Idris, FH and only blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Is this part of a bug?
    yes.
    your loot roll was a blue item (worst of the 4 possible tier drops, 3 of which include purples)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    "Things are a bit hectic with M4's launch getting closer and closer"

- Why on earth are you focusing on releasing module 4 when you can't even fix these huge bugs? Me and 4 IRL friends gave neverwinter a try and started out from beginning 2-3 weeks ago, and as soon we got lvl 60 and wanted to try out epic dungeons and farm some gear we got the same chest loot over and over again, but as we were new players we had the patience and waited for patch 20140724 to fix it, but obviously that didn't fix it and we thought - ok now 31 july they will definitely fix it.

What on earth did you even did this patch? I can't see the patch notes, please tell me. Probably launching new things and events instead of fixing old bugs.

Please reply on this dear manager and moderator.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

- Why on earth are you focusing on releasing module 4 when you can't even fix these huge bugs?

What on earth did you even did this patch? I can't see the patch notes, please tell me. Probably launching new things and events instead of fixing old bugs.

they have a hard release date they promised for mod4. That is top priority, unless something major like a server crash happens.

The patch notes have 2 items: the probation implementation for player security, and the Wonders of Gond event.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Why are they releasing a new event like Wonders of Gond instead of fixing this chets bug? This thread has been here since 20th july, it feels like all the moderators are ignoring us. This can't be a really huge issue to fix compare to releasing new events/working on module 4. Don't you think that they will lose a lot of players due to this? I don't understand this.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Don't you think that they will lose a lot of players due to this? I don't understand this.

Yeah, I hope akromatik can get the message across that the 'success' of the mod4 release will be stunted by this bug alone. I for 1, and my family, will not be in any rush to play neverwinter (besides crafting or dailies) until this bug is resolved, regardless of mod4.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The event team (and there is one) isn't in charge of dungeons, and the event has been in the calendar since before the bug happened.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Moderator Notice:

. . . Folks, I don't want to close this down or removed posts in here, as this is a major issue and we all have the right to be upset and wish for this to be fixed as soon as possible. However, this is not a discussion forum. Let's keep our replies in this forum to what they should be; Bug Reports. Thanks!

. . . I'll leave all the previous comments as they are but further comments and discussions will be removed.

. . . Please do not reply to this moderator notice, as doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss Forum Moderation. Thanks again!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just run vt, tos and yes the bug is still there.
    My guild used to have 40+ online when I log in, now I call it lucky when I see 10 people.
    Who in their right mind, would want to grind some dungeons knowing that the end chest got the same loots? (yes of course, if you're an exploiter)
    Dungeons and Dragons? hehehe.
    I'm glad I didn't add my ToS grinds.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
This discussion has been closed.