test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

any thing other than a long sword?

doomking70doomking70 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So I started playing again, adn I see all i still get are long swords is there a place to buy picks, dwarven axes? battle hammers.. I mean this is Dungeons and Dragons right? I know i know its 4th edition, but in 4th editor i still can buy weapons . What gives?
Die
Post edited by doomking70 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    doomking70 wrote: »
    So I started playing again, adn I see all i still get are long swords is there a place to buy picks, dwarven axes? battle hammers.. I mean this is Dungeons and Dragons right? I know i know its 4th edition, but in 4th editor i still can buy weapons . What gives?

What class are you referring to? For many of the Call to Arms events, the weapons haven't been normal. Also, if you've progressed a bit through Feywild, check the vendor by the shrine - they have some nice spears and other weapons for sale, (some of which are free to transmute). The Dread Legion skirmish in Dread Ring can drop weapon transmutes. You can also check out the Wondrous Bazaar - I believe they have 14.4k free to transmute items there, (though some are more expensive).

You can also craft some axes via weaponsmithing, so that's also an option.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • doomking70doomking70 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey thanks for the reply. I am still in the grave yard. I am a defender fighter. One would think you could just go buy a Dwarven axe like in DDO. I detest crafting...hmmm I see a problem with this transmuting weapons, because
    I am upgrading my sword every level, does crafting cost real world money? if so that make me sick.
    Die
    edited July 2014
    doomking70 wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the reply. I am still in the grave yard. One would think you could just go buy a Dwarven axe like in DDO. I detest crafting...hmmm

Open the Wondrous Bazaar - you can check from there. There's also the Waverider Mace you get in Ebon Downs, which is pretty cool. If you check the Auction House, you can buy an axe for only about 75 Astral Diamonds, (level 35 item).

EDIT: Just rechecked the AH - looks like you can get axes there down to level 15, if you change your search options. There's also a "Mace of the Nine Hells" for only about 100 ADs, (level 34 item).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • doomking70doomking70 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks man,
    Die
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are hundreds, many of them are dirt cheap and easy to get. Simply browse the auction house and do a search for guardian fighter main hand items. Use Axe, Hammer, or mace as keywords and you will find all youll ever want.
    edited July 2014
    Important note - many of these items are cheap to get, but are NOT free to transmute. If you want to apply their appearance to an item later on, it can cost as much as 51K ADs to do so. For now, (since you mentioned you're in the Nverdeath Graveyard, so around level 28-30), you can simply use them as they are.
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I thought the Axe of Cleaving looked great on my Dwarven Guardian Fighter. I purchased one off the AH and transmuted my Ancient Grand Knight's Longsword to look like it.

I wanted an axe on my Great Weapon Fighter too.. And found that the Greataxe of Rage looks great and so I transmuted my Ancient Castle Champion's Greatsword to look like a big 2-handed battle axe.

YMMV.
    edited July 2014
    Personally, I thought the Axe of Cleaving looked great on my Dwarven Guardian Fighter. I purchased one off the AH and transmuted my Ancient Grand Knight's Longsword to look like it.

I wanted an axe on my Great Weapon Fighter too.. And found that the Greataxe of Rage looks great and so I transmuted my Ancient Castle Champion's Greatsword to look like a big 2-handed battle axe.

YMMV.

If at all possible, would you be able to post some screenies of those? I've been kinda interested in getting an axe on one of my GFs or GWFs. Thanks!
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If at all possible, would you be able to post some screenies of those? I've been kinda interested in getting an axe on one of my GFs or GWFs. Thanks!

Holy Avenger Axe of Cleaving:
    Czx1b8s.jpg

Flaming Greataxe of Rage:
    sqq4wwL.jpg
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    im holding out that one day they will release paladins and we will get flails and war hammers
  • sovietpartizansovietpartizan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fighters that chosen Longsword Focus **** it, and other fighter with greatsword focus.