test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dodge, deflect and "0 damage"

boolibooliboolibooli Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi guys,
So I am not quite sure about the deference between those.
Deflect – the % to reduce the dmg of an attack
Dodge – no dmg no cc effect?
0 dmg – how is it possible?

Thanks
Post edited by boolibooli on

Comments

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you are hit with damage and its deflected, based on what class you are and your ( Deflection Severity % ) you nigate that much of the incoming damage.

So if you were hit for 6000 damage and you deflected it with a 50% Deflection Severity you would then take 3000 damage which would then be further diminished by your Damage Resistance so if you had 30% DR you would end up taking 2100 damage total.

If you Dodge / Roll / Teleport, in this game whatever damage was heading your way misses you totally. Its a way for low armor classes to mitigate big attacks.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • boolibooliboolibooli Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cool
    thanks!
    so the bark will be responsible for th 0 DMG, and dodge is from the Shift tab

:)
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    0 Damage = either "absorption" type of defense (such as barkshield enchantment), or microlag in the system due to unknown reasons.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is something strange about the 0 damage issue. Today I was fighting in the Green Dragon area in Ebon Down on the test server and very often I saw that I received 0 damage from mobs, but my armor enchant is Soulforged...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the 0 damage is also caused by lag where it looks like something hit, but it actually didn't.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the 0 damage is also caused by lag where it looks like something hit, but it actually didn't.

So the game is self aware of when it lags and makes sure you know about it......................oh my God IT'S ALIVE.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The best one is a mounted GWF that says "Dodged" on my ranged attacks. Happens quite a lot, btw...
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have seen that same thing when they were unmounted. I also noticed that I showed as doing a dodge once when using dazing strike during the jump up portion.
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    metaplexus wrote: »
    The best one is a mounted GWF that says "Dodged" on my ranged attacks. Happens quite a lot, btw...

That would be an HR's Fox Cunning.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So the game is self aware of when it lags and makes sure you know about it......................oh my God IT'S ALIVE.

The only reason I'm saying that is because its happened to me before after I proned a GWF while on my GWF, used IBS, then hit 0. I asked them how I hit 0 on them and they said they didn't even see damage happen to them, so I'm assuming the game thought they were closer on my screen, but in actuality they were out of IBS range.
  • adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the "dodged' text is coming from foxes cunning the HR ranged version of foxed shift. when its activated the first hit against any of your party members is negated totally, also, there are some dots/ability that go through dodges and immunities
    Don't waste my time.