test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF vs other class

saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
1st video against GF with offense output.
http://youtu.be/DNFnROyxRsE
in this video we can clearly see that GF has high defense and offense more than sent GWF even if he is offense based .
Post edited by saini50990 on

Comments

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see a Higher geared GF tank DPS specced beating a lower geared GWF in Tank spec! IV is no longer the faceroll spec for you guys, its intended to be tankier not dps... Should have fought him with Swordmaster thats what he was using.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thats the best a GFW can get geared , full rank 10s.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You were IV specced, thats for tanking not for DPSing, funny part is without a mistake or 2 you almost beat him. You got hi below 50% in a Tank Spec! pretty narly...
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
    edited July 2014
    u mean to say GF is not for tanking :P.
    sorry if this sound rude but GWF sent has higher AC than GF and still that GF was only offense based with 39k health , thats the same amount of health i have at full tank speced , and still his offense output is more than me and he wasnt useing his best encounters which do more damage than that. i will show u video with god mode and he had 45k health and he killed me 2 cycle.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok now lets see vs a tr. Come on. Do it
    edited July 2014
    well no tr in preview , join me and i can make video :)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I see a Higher geared GF tank DPS specced beating a lower geared GWF in Tank spec! IV is no longer the faceroll spec for you guys, its intended to be tankier not dps... Should have fought him with Swordmaster thats what he was using.

And dude we are all happy with gf changes but pls stay quiet. 1 mod and this insane buff will no longer be a thing
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    u mean to say GF is not for tanking :P.
    sorry if this sound rude but GWF sent has higher AC than GF and still that GF was only offense based with 39k health , thats the same amount of health i have at full tank speced , and still his offense output is more than me and he wasnt useing his best encounters which do more damage than that. i will show u video with god mode and he had 45k health and he killed me 2 cycle.

Some advice, for in this thread, I'd post your build and show what enchants you're using. It makes it where we have a lot more information on which to rate how you did vs the other guy.
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Some advice, for in this thread, I'd post your build and show what enchants you're using. It makes it where we have a lot more information on which to rate how you did vs the other guy.
    ok here are my pics on my build and i respeced to make maximum GS according to rips
    equipments.pngstats.png
    feats.png
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I look good as a half orc. But in all seriousness I have little to no deflect in exchange for lifesteal(with endless consumption). I rely on lifesteal a lot more than some do in pvp.

EDIT: I am also using armor enhancement kits for +400 def
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I look good as a half orc. But in all seriousness I have little to no deflect in exchange for lifesteal(with endless consumption). I rely on lifesteal a lot more than some do in pvp.

EDIT: I am also using armor enhancement kits for +400 def
    i tried lifesteal with endless consumption b4 but it didnt pan cause , when compared with benefits with regeneration , regeneration had more benefits.
    and more of the videos, there were some lag but u can clearly see the uselessness felt by me or will feel in next mod.
    GWF vs TR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGu27KA1P48
    GWF vs HR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrIOqjqmBgE
    GWF vs GF
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFPI6Yegk8
    the build is as shown in pics
    (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?717311-GWF-vs-other-class&p=8522571&viewfull=1#post8522571)
    edited July 2014
    I should also say that block is bugged and blocking 100% damage so yea atm it is not a proper balance till block is WAI.

EDIT: also it seems mark for you is not WAI either if you pay attention you do not ever see a mark against the other gf there.
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I should also say that block is bugged and blocking 100% damage so yea atm it is not a proper balance till block is WAI.

EDIT: also it seems mark for you is not WAI either if you pay attention you do not ever see a mark against the other gf there.
    wea thats y i removed mark from my build cause it was not staying on other classes , cause as soon i attack due too deflection and fey wild thistle boon mark was being removed so was without mark.
    but GF health is way too much , the constitution buff for GF also need to be provided to GWF too.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't see what is wrong? seemingly fairly matched 1v1 pvp and the GWF didn't win , so are GWF supposed to win easily every time or something?
    edited July 2014
    I don't see what is wrong? seemingly fairly matched 1v1 pvp and the GWF didn't win , so are GWF supposed to win easily every time or something?
    if u cant see that GWF cant even decrease there health by even half of there life and than god help all the GWF in neverwinter cause DEV have given up on us.
    and incase u havent notice TR and HR had soulforged , i wasnt even able to kill past 1ful health bar, and u expect GWF to win sometime , i did 3 matches against HR and in all 3 matches i wasnt able to decrease his health by quater , they heal to fast , GF as u can see killed me from 1/2 my health , and TR most of my encounter missed them.
    edited July 2014
    come and get it and daring shout are your friends.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Shut up dude.... for GWF there aren't any builds to withstand in pvp anymore.... not until they'll seriously buff us as other classes..
    edited July 2014
    daring shout will just increase my time standing alive and come and get it dont do any dmg , which leaves me with takedown or FS , both which have been so nerfed that there dmg is near 500-1000 only. so u r telling me to stay alive be a standing as a punching bag :P real nice.

i m not blaming other classes , i m trying to show that what has been done to GWF is way too much which wasnt needed. and when i post my fight against CW u will see how much buff they got and we have been bitten by snake and ladder and came down to starting point(snake and ladder reference if u didnt get me).
    every1 got ladder but GWF was bitten by snake.
  • lcwwpyjhjslcwwpyjhjs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I'm just gonna give some feedback :
    TR match : FLS misses non stop, Takedown when he's ITC, IBS and killed his dummy twice. So..
    HR match : skill miss 5/10. But pretty much nothing can kill HR.
    GF match : FLS / Takedown when he's blocking, Non stop hitting when GF use supremacy of steel. I'll stop here.

My honest Opinion :)
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Buh bye GWF. :'( After almost a year, I can finally pull out my GF! :D
    BTW, those HR DoT's are crazy!!
    Oh hey! Could you fight a warlock? I think it'll be easy to beat them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    lcwwpyjhjs wrote: »
    I'm just gonna give some feedback :
    TR match : FLS misses non stop, Takedown when he's ITC, IBS and killed his dummy twice. So..
    HR match : skill miss 5/10. But pretty much nothing can kill HR.
    GF match : FLS / Takedown when he's blocking, Non stop hitting when GF use supremacy of steel. I'll stop here.

My honest Opinion :)
    i cldnt TR when he was hidden honestly so what did u expect me to attack , and TR switched to dummy as son as i tried to use takedown and my target missed.
    for GF getting behind him is not that easy , and i was trying to attack him when he was attacking me. well sure i admit there have been too many mistake by me but takedown and FS are blocked in live too . what i m trying to say is they will also try to block my attacks , its all about rock paper scissor and who gets the upper had , and as u can see if i stay too near GF i get proned and there dmg is too much.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think part of the problem may be that GWF have had it so easy that when it is only fair or a little easier it will seem nearly impossible. This may not apply to you but it certainly does to those roar abusing GWF. I used it once on mine to see the deal and quit (although I almost used it another time after getting trash talked to by a TR but I unslotted after with an attempt to keep some pride).
    edited July 2014
    Use come and get and daring shout and ibs go and try it since this combo will allow you to land ibs.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

GWF vs TR- you made alot of mistakes but on a note you did manage to get him to half health

GWF vs HR- might as well not even bothered with wilds medicine the only class that can possibly go 1v1 them is a CW you need heavy burst to get through the healing. almost every other class is gonna have a hard time fighting these guys come mod 4. it's essentially the profound combatant set all over again. needless to say his damage against you wasnt all that great.

GWF vs GF- the GF was using every elixer so that may have effected the outcome, also as mention blocked is bugged on preview (yet again) but...you also should not keep attacking huim during supremecy of steel thats a big no no, also need to keep in range and use burst sprints to run through the player then when your directly behind them use takedown the GF can not turn fast enough to block this so it will leave you open to roll your rotation.

also endless consumption is the way to go come mod 4 since rampaging got "fixed" i will trully miss that awesome boon.
    edited July 2014
    ok will try to fight with all the suggestion u made , thnx for info.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    no problem when fighting a Gf when hes blocking you save your encounters and do a short sprint through his character model just enough to get right behind him then hit takedown it work 99% of the time.

from fighting/watching most GWF the rotation usually goes FLS takedown into IBS, personally i think it would be better to go takedown ibs into FLS.

honestly though your better off switching to swordmaster now that TR has 3 charges and cant be spammed.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Shut up dude.... for GWF there aren't any builds to withstand in pvp anymore.... not until they'll seriously buff us as other classes..

No I won't shut up dude , GWF have had it so easy so long , the entire class has been a crutch and now you have to actually work for kills and don't just faceroll everything you don't like it , eat it up .

Module 4 we will actually see a marked difference between the people who know how to play the GWF class properly and players who just jumped on the easy mode bandwagon who won't do so well now the ground has been taken out from beneath them.
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    As a little request: When the Mod4 balance tests began, people mentioned that the GWF according to their parses is only a 'problem' once entering the '12k and upwards' Gearscore ratings (which are partially nonsense anyway, since high GS doesn't have to mean having the right stats).
    The TR is not yet revised, the HR might be suffering from the same issue that the GWF class did during Mod3.
    What is overperforming on a 30-40k HP PvP geared character with Rank 9 or even 10 Enchants and would seem properly readjusted and 'in line' with them, to even it out, might make the very same feat selection on a 25k HP in PvE T2 and R5 - R6 not just proportionally weaker when tackling the same content (not even talking PvP here), but underperform.

Example, Nerfing Medicine by 50% total value might make it 'fine' for PvP - but it kills it off for those who aren't running around with 3 legendary Artifacts, Rank 9 or better Enchants, and Profound PvP Gear (aka highest tier of PvP Armor), who have so much Regeneration from the 'Regeneration' Stat.
    'Endgame' PvPers are often no longer able to give Feedback on the state of a character that isn't fueled by Millions of AD, stockpiled Enchants for Artifact upgrading, or epic items leveling with the Character, constantly increasing their stats, and able to carry special Enchants (Weapon) or significantly higher leveled ones (normal ones, like R7+ on fresh lv4 characters). Acknowledge their Feedback/Reports/Parses - but do not take their word as the holy grail and 'Be all, end all'.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just few feedback from me too:

you're angrily charging at the enemy and not timing your encounters correctly to avoid their immunities. In short.

The build looks right to me. 41k HP and pretty much the stats any GWF usually have in PvP.

Just a note for the lips ripping GWF hater: the GF when the match ends, still is above 50% HP and healing. If there you see him "almost killing the GF", you are wrong. Look better. Also: the GF in first video is 18k GS, the GWF is over 17k. It's not like the GF "outgears" the GWF, expecially taking into account how GFs usually have higher GS with comparable gear. So, you're wrong on that too. Not like i think you would ever admit a single thing in favor of a GWF. You opinion is extremely biased and you're not really hiding it.

He misses a lot, but still, when he hits with IBS his damage is very low. Should not win playing like that, but not even taking away a bit of the HR health, and doing chip damage to the others...
    Also, look at how the last GF takes away 40% of the GWF tank health in 2 seconds.

These videos pretty much confirm how sentinels now hit people with a wet noodle.
    A destro would have been probably taken out in few hits doing slightly more damage.

Waiting to see other videos from more people. Ayroux could you post some 1v1s like you did for module 3?
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    GWF vs GF- the GF was using every elixer so that may have effected the outcome, also as mention blocked is bugged on preview (yet again) but...you also should not keep attacking huim during supremecy of steel thats a big no no, also need to keep in range and use burst sprints to run through the player then when your directly behind them use takedown the GF can not turn fast enough to block this so it will leave you open to roll your rotation.

I would say "wrong" on the red part. While that technique works on pug scrubs, it's not that effective against experienced GFs. Strong GFs in PvP lock on you and can still turn and block in time before takedown hits them. Another way is (was, don't know if could be done in mod4) also to go unstoppable, sure strike spam, wait for them to turn (they usually turn, run, turn and block, turn and run, exc...to do not waste their guard on your at-will) and time your takedown when they are open.

With unstoppable messed up tbh i don't know if that would be a reliable tactic.

Also: even when catching the GF, he still deals chip damage with IBS, while his health is constantly drained.

Also: as can be seen. determination gain is now much slower. Which, put together with all the other nerfs, is probably the most powerful nerf ever seen on a class.

Anyway, top-tier GF usually have a hard-to-pass-through guard you cannot just evade through sprint behind-takedown. Just a note.
    That's why i say that most whinings on GWFs from players not knowing what other classes can do when well geared/ played in end-game, is pointless.

Just as much as a well played perma TR can leave very few windows of opportunity to hit them, reason why CC is important for GWFs. Same with good CWs who can CC and kite a lot.

About HRs: in icewind pass healing depression does not work. Should test in Domination.