test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does the dmg calculation work in pvp domination?

morpheaxmorpheax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
cause i need an explanation to this...
im a 16k GS stormwarden and played against a pathfinder...
i main pve so i was only using 2 black ice gear equips(head + arm), since i dont have it all completed yet...
so i had around 6k Power and 2700 Arm Pen
everytime we happened to 1v1 in there, i noticed that my fox swift, as a crit, was only doing 800 dmg on him, sometimes 900,sometimes way less...(you dont wanna know about my at-wills...)
800 hp out of the 30k he had is like 2,8% of his maximum HP...
so if he didnt have any regen + lifesteal, that means i would need like 37 critical hits to take him down...
so here i am askin, where's the reasoning behind it? cause its clearly that my damage stats arent lacking at all
my mind is literally blown trying to figure it out

ps : my math could be wrong,didnt use a calculator...but you get the point
Post edited by morpheax on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If he's PvP spec he'll have lone wolf for a boatload of mitigation and also a very high deflection chance.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    Not to mention high Defense: I saw some Gwf with 4.5 k defense ... usually for pwe is needed only 2k.
    + Tenacity
  • morpheaxmorpheax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    If he's PvP spec he'll have lone wolf for a boatload of mitigation and also a very high deflection chance.
    ah right,i forgot,pathfinders do have lots of deflection...not sure about what mitigation is though...
    but if i understood correctly,to have any chances to beat all that, only choice is to run the same build...right?
    since pure dmg and some defence didnt work jack...
    not cool, not cool at all