test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we ready to talk about enchantment prices yet?

2»

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Thanks I just checked it out. I wonder how much rp it costs to level it to max. The belts do have a utility slot which doesn't seem to be that awesome but maybe the refining makes up for it. Wish they showed the max rank of artifacts such as the dragonborn one and warlock one.

At legendary the belts get a second slot too , the max versions can be seen on the test version of the gateway.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    At legendary the belts get a second slot too , the max versions can be seen on the test version of the gateway.

Ahhh interesting. I hope the refining enchants are decent.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Where on the Test Shard can we see that max versions? Thanks!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Where on the Test Shard can we see that max versions? Thanks!

Follow the link in this thread to get on the preview version of the gateway , lots of new stuff on there -

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?518811-Official-Cryptic-Feedback-Thread-Sword-Coast-Adventures
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited July 2014
    tl;dr version of those items: All OP that make pvp even more imbalanced at legendary, but will be nice items to strive for has 2 offence slots on mh, with a defence and utility on belts and extra stats that are a given with bonus effects on mainhands such as more damage on certain things. Though the DC MH effects seem pretty rubbish imo since their effect is generally minimal anyway.
  • kikisealekikiseale Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You guys MUST balance economy!!!! YOU have to remove as much ad from the game as you put in, or the ad there keeps devalueing. the ad ammassed is the problem, no AD sinks are being used by game. wondrous bazaar is the games ad siphon, since ad is printed from nothing and rewarded to everyone , with nothing backing it, the company MUST remove as much as is earned, and can do that by offering ad only items in bazaar.

please pass this to someone able to field this subject, and i have lots of ideas for assisting in its (the economies) balance.

the easiest and upcoming would be to offer the warlock pack in wondrous bazaar for 5 million, make it tradable.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Somehow they need to cap the possibility to make AD out of nothing. there should be a cap per account on how much AD you can make per day. I know it's gonna <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of people off, but it must be done, at least temporary till the AD sinks start to show some effects.
    I would love to see the developers acknowledge this problem, and give us some hope.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    Somehow they need to cap the possibility to make AD out of nothing. there should be a cap per account on how much AD you can make per day. I know it's gonna <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> a lot of people off, but it must be done, at least temporary till the AD sinks start to show some effects.
    I would love to see the developers acknowledge this problem, and give us some hope.

this is a terrible ideaand has nothing to do with the discussion in this thread
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Capitalism at it's finest. I looooove it! Intelligent people creating wealth by thinking and acting cleverly.
    There is very little intelligence required to play the AH in any MMO. Simply patience and a desire to spend more time shuffling currency/items than actually playing the game.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited July 2014

Grats now people will be just use multiple accounts instead so it fixes nothing and cryptic gets less money.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

This would do the exact opposite if what you think.
    New players would be limited in what AD they could produce and have an even harder time catching up.
    Older players would still have billions of AD they already own, changing nothing but the amount of time it takes for new players to accrue enough AD to compete.
    If anything they need to get rid of the 24k RAD limit for refining and let you refine 50k a day to let the noobs catch up.
    Make leadership toons have to level to 60 before they can reach leadership 20 so bots cant farm leadership and flood the market as easily.
  • stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    looks like in order to be competitive, you need to either play like a college student or pay like you have no bills.

Or already be wealthy from previous exploits/cheats.

Not even mod4 yet and prices are completely out of freaking bounds with no "real" means of gaining without MASSIVE sinks in time or $$.

I would say that I am quitting, but that would be against TOS,

don't dare spread ill will towards the greedy.

bye.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, prices are nasty. They're going to get even worse with the lack of supply for RP material. If the new Main-Hands and Belt Artifacts are leveled the same way, lack of supply of Rank 4s and 5s are going to spike prices like crazy.

Anyone miss the good old days, yet? When stacks of Rank 5s went for under 70k?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Greetings class I'm going to take us a little past econ 101 to some more advanced materials and talk to you for a moment about capital goods. What is a capital good? A capital good is a resource that is necissary for a variety of finished products and so affects the value of those products as the manufacturers compete for access to them. Think of oil which might make petrol or plastics or lubricants or other textiles. So it's value is represented by the various processes competing for it and their relative sale value and profit tot he manufacturer (we will ignore process costs as they do not really exist in MMOs). So in NWO our capital goods are as follows:

1. Various marks of potency from drops or the Astral Market. Used in refining enchantments and artifacts.
    2. Dragon eggs, eldritch Crystals, and arcane shards used in producing shirts and pants. From drops.
    3. Coal wards and pres wards from the Zen Market, Tamurlane bars, drops and Coffers. used in refining enchants and artifacts.
    4. Keys. they qualify as a capital good because they are the only way to procure unbound mounts, tam bars, and one of the few ways to produce profession assets.

What does all of this have to do with enchant pricing? Well now we will delve into currency markets and their interelation with capital goods. Coal wards and keys are now BoP. That means that zen is better spent on these capital goods then on AD through the ZAX. Pres are not which means that the exchange rate for zen converted to pres is 600AD/ zen when the ZAX is capped at 500AD/zen. Coals are cheaper in zen than AD so the efficient expenditure of zen for AD is not the ZAX but conversion into capital goods which are then used or sold. Since this affects the production cost of enchants the overall price of enchants must rise. Much as an oil embargo will raise the price of petrol, plastics, textiles, and lubricants.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Prices won't spike much beyond what they're currently hitting, which is 130k per stack of radiant R4s. Roughly 160k per stack of 99 rank 4s is the ceiling, or maybe as high as ~180k per stack if you include crits.

why wouldn't they spike higher? If demand is higher the price will go higher
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Because Flawless Sapphires.

My personal favorite is the fact that Flawless sapphires are still a better RP to AD (0.1667 RP/AD) item than the 3 pack of blood rubies (0.15 RP/AD at 500 AD per zen). Just what are the cryptic pricers smoking?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kikiseale wrote: »
    You guys MUST balance economy!!!! YOU have to remove as much ad from the game as you put in, or the ad there keeps devalueing. the ad ammassed is the problem, no AD sinks are being used by game. wondrous bazaar is the games ad siphon, since ad is printed from nothing and rewarded to everyone , with nothing backing it, the company MUST remove as much as is earned, and can do that by offering ad only items in bazaar.

please pass this to someone able to field this subject, and i have lots of ideas for assisting in its (the economies) balance.

the easiest and upcoming would be to offer the warlock pack in wondrous bazaar for 5 million, make it tradable.

I agree with this, there is a lot of changes going on with the economy and it's seen, currently in the game. I don't know if the developers even care enough to do something about the current issues of new or returning players, but it will still be something they are worried about in my opinion, "No new people or founders joining and staying "which is what I am" means a big loss in revenue overall".
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looking at the new equipment artifacts, I am think they will be introducing a new system for refining them. Some other items I am seeing that say they are used only for refining these artifacts. Might eases pressure on prices some.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    the prob is it costs so much to buy anything with AD i mean ppl charging 13 mill for a mount 6+mill for a pet
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you