test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Merge Accounts Option

vintragevintrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

Please give us some info about the merge account option, or if there will be 1 im sure i speak in the name of many players who started more than 1 account just because they didant want to invest more money to buy slots.

Keep up the good work u do for this game!
Post edited by vintrage on

Comments

• hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    no, no and no.

bot will abuse. To merge multuiple account and resell. so NO.. already bot are destryoinh this game.

If you want more chars, support the devs and buy more char slot token.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vintrage wrote: »
    Hello,

Please give us some info about the merge account option, or if there will be 1 im sure i speak in the name of many players who started more than 1 account just because they didant want to invest more money to buy slots.

Keep up the good work u do for this game!

I have offered this suggestion as well, but probably won't happen. I, too, initially used the several email accounts I have to create different accounts, since it was not a violation of rules and I was still experimenting with the game. I have since spent Zen, bought mounts, character slots, and other stuff and wish I could combine accounts.

My suggestion was to make the account merge ONLY available for people who had at least one account since beta and only allow for a weekend time period. I also suggested that in order to merge, the player would have to buy enough extra character slots with Zen to cover the merged accounts.

In hindsight, this would probably be a programming nightmare and create more botting, but I sure wish there was a way to do it with limited negative impact. . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Creating multiple accounts is beating the system, and constitutes cheating and players have been using this method to earn more AD without the initial investment for character slots, since AD can be transferred through AH transactions.

I see very little reason to convenience players who create multiple accounts or made poor decisions when using multiple accounts.

However, I'm not unsympathetic to players who have leveled characters across multiple accounts purely for playing, so I suggest a ZEN store option to import one character from a different account, but just the character and not any account wide purchases, provided the player has also bought available character slots to house the character. The higher cost of merging per character to the main account will offer a deterrence to exploitation, and encourage players to focus on one account, but allow players who genuinely wants to merge characters from another account.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I accidentally created a new account the first time I bought Zen and used the wrong email address. Though I haven't tried, Ive never found a way to beat the system, or earn extra AD. My TR, I don't care about, but I really wish my DC was on my main account.

The problem I foresee is with hackers.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    no, no and no.

bot will abuse. To merge multuiple account and resell. so NO.. already bot are destryoinh this game.

If you want more chars, support the devs and buy more char slot token.

Bots are not destroying the game, they are abusing a F2P system that either was not thought through thoroughly or just didn't think about how badly out of hand it could get. In any event if you want to point fingers how about this:

1. People are playing hours of a game for free with little restriction other than time investment. In fact as near as I can tell aside from coalescent wards and companion upgrades you can do top end PVE in this game relatively easily (R7 enchants are fairly easy to make with enough time, although you should foot the bill for stacks of preservation wards).

2. Game designers have opted to most likely earn more money with a F2P model and offering legal gambling slot machine style in the form of lock boxes (playing on addiction) and over charging for things such as mounts, companions to make things a bit easier in the game.

3. Third party supplies of AD farming AD so that people can pay less AD to them (earning them easy money for doing nothing more than sitting at home playing video games, dream job maybe?) and or hacking to exploit to get AD in some fashion (aka printing money) and then reselling it for total profit and little time investment. Game developers ignore this aspect, which is probably a sign that their prices are too high and instead of adjusting accordingly they choose the mircosoft way, spend time and money on combating piracy when all they have to do is listen to the people and price things in a fashion that makes people spend money here instead of pirate sites. Granted you will never do away with it 100% but you should have much less of it if you have a player base actually wanting to support the game, which appears to be the case with this game.

Personally I think the game should be a subscription model. Its an enjoyable game, people clearly get hours upon hours of entertainment out of it. Odds are if it would just use a $10/month subscription with smaller micro transactions (current micros aren't micro and I don't know why they think they are) and do away with the zen and zax that are really the source of a lot of imbalance in the game to begin with, I think the games quality could go up, assuming you have good staff and not a bunch of interns working it. Or do away with both zen and AD and just make the game revolve around gold as it should, the AH would be gold based etc.

There are no perfect solutions, as a whole things work well in this game it seems (glitches and bugs and exploits being a constant issue though). All in all my thought is the pricing scheme needs to be reworked. If you think about it, the money you would spend to buy a mount a couple of companions, maybe some coalescent wards and preservation wards or flat exchanging money for AD in order to enjoy all the game has to offer without having to play for 3 years straight you could buy probably a dozen or more games on steam or on sale that would offer 8 - 60 hours of enjoyment each which would keep you busier with less repetition than spending a bunch of money on a game that you do the same things over and over and over and falls prey to just re-coloring the same stuff and call it new.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    lol no

Alright I've seen a lot of valid complaints and requests in this game lately but this is just too far, too spoiled and too narrow-minded to be even taken seriously.
  • vintragevintrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lol no

Alright I've seen a lot of valid complaints and requests in this game lately but this is just too far, too spoiled and too narrow-minded to be even taken seriously.

U make no sense what so ever.

Merging account option should not be for free i will merge my accounts even if that will cost 30 $ or more. I dont think ppl who make 20 accounts will get rich merging 2 accounts for 30 $ then sell. This option should be only for players who invested allot of time and real money in 2 accounts and they want the confort to use only 1. i dont really see how f2p addicts and exploiters could take advantage of this.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    I think that if you have a reason for wanting to merge accounts, you should contact support. If, as you said, you initially created multiple accounts to check out the game but since have invested Zen, time, etc. then you can try asking them. So, if you have one account w/two chars and another with two open char slots they may be lenient and do it for you.

I don't know though, obviously I've never tried.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How can they tell if the accounts we want merged are all ours?
    edited August 2014
    How can they tell the person who submits support tickets is the owner of the account in question? You can send emails from both account-associated emails, you can log into chars on both accounts and send mail to somebody in-game ... I'm sure there are ways to do it.
    edited August 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Do you know how easy it is to spoof email addresses? Once you have the account password it's also easy enough to change them.

I don't understand this statement. There should be one email associated with each account -- if you're saying you can fake an email from another account, nobody should know the email associated with some other random account + I'm pretty sure that's more effort than you seem to be implying.
  • wanderer0000wanderer0000 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lol hell no, the last thing this game needs is to make the life of bots and exploiters easy... no thank you. no merge
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd rather ask for an option to seperate some chars into two accounts -.-
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I vote no.
    The only reason to create multiple account is to circumvent the system; have more characters than you're allowed to have on a free account. If you've created multiple accounts you were intentionally and actively choosing to take more than your fair share of something because you're too cheap to "live within your means". And yes I choose that word carefully: too cheap.

If you can't afford the purchase of additional character slots then stick with the two you have until you can. Want to play a new race or class? Delete one of the original two you had before or *buy* a character slot. Creating a new account is, technically speaking, "stealing". I understand if you choose to totally abandon one account for another, but to maintain and continuously use multiple accounts is against the rules.

Allowing a way to merge multiple separate accounts in any way only rewards this deviant behavior (and obviously the malicious users will take advantage of such to advance their malicious activity). It's no different that going to a fast food restaurant and grabbing a fistful of ketchup packets and as many napkins as you can carry on your way out. And then people wonder why they now use condiment pumps and you have to ask for more than one napkin.

Yes, I'm a hard-*** on such subjects, feel free to call me a jerk, an azzhat, whatever. But it is what it is: cheating the system when you create multiple accounts. You shouldn't be rewarded (or forgiven) for that. Live with your choices and learn from them.