test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking For Review Trades on my First Foundry

fgmfanhafgmfanha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hiho guys,

i was wondering if you guys could help me get some reviews on my foundry quests! Was the first time i tested the foundry system and i wanted people giving advices so i could get better!

My quests id are: NW-DD4VVJK9Z and NW-DDFP62GLZ

the second one is still in history development but i wanted some people testing it and sugesting things!

If you have your own Foundry quest you want someon to review leave on my game review your code!!

Thanks guys
Post edited by fgmfanha on

Comments

• akweteakwete Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I skipped over the first one, because I don't like 'review' and 'farm' foundries (I feel like the foundry authoring community already has a hard time getting people to play genuine quests, without someone making more ways for people to avoid playing real foundries). So I decided to try the second foundry you listed instead; I'm afraid I didn't get far. Died twice and wasted a lot of pots. I recommend adding a warning to your quest advising that it's aimed at groups, geared people, or people who want a challenge and have a lot of pots. There's a few typos, but since this one is still in development, I imagine you'd get around to those eventually anyway.
    Good luck with your foundries, sorry I couldn't finish to review, I tried.
  • fgmfanhafgmfanha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Akwete, ill add that warning! That that is a challenging quest!

Edit: added the warning :) i tried to build an challenging quest so people had some fealling of acomplishement when they were able to end it!
  • akweteakwete Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *nods* Yup, yup - after I'd gotten started on it, I figured that might be the case. I'm sorry that I couldn't review it for ya, I know how hard it is to get people to play and rate new foundries. I'm glad you added the info - by letting people know before they start, you'll alleviate some frustration for some, and appeal to the right audience as well ^^ I hope ya get lotsa playthoughs when you've got it all finished to your liking, good luck!
  • cidantecidante Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    its a small RP map (for now maybly) "Sol Magi, City of Magic." it has a few activities that are optional and more coming. please don't hold back, anything would help, this is my first foundry publishing. criticism is excepted, trolling is pooped on.
  • bjornkoerbjornkoer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll trade you a review, I've just started trying to put stuff together for the foundry too.
    I'd be interested in any feedback you might have to make it better.

Here is my quest:
    A Game of Dragons
    NW-DU2C4OCJ9
    edited July 2014
    bjornkoer done yours just now :) i liked it!
  • cidantecidante Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ill Check it out, thanks Bjorn
    edited July 2014
    Guys i reworked my quest introducing an alternative ending so that even low level toons can do it skipping the hardest floors! :) i would love if you guys tested it and give some feedback!

Thanks!

Quest ID: NW-DDFP62GLZ (The Test of Might!!!)
  • bjornkoerbjornkoer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fgmfanha wrote: »
    Guys i reworked my quest introducing an alternative ending so that even low level toons can do it skipping the hardest floors! :) i would love if you guys tested it and give some feedback!

So I played this twice and it taught me something very important about Neverwinter.

The first time I played through alone with my cleric and it was a nightmare. The second time I went through it with my great weapon fighter and completed it in less time than it took my cleric to do the first couple of rooms.

Large mobs of creatures might be less than trivial for the GWs, but become unplayable for support classes. I think this makes it difficult to balance a quest to be challenging for different solo characters.

So my take away from this is to have my audience in mind and make sure I say who the quest is designed for in the foundry description.
  • geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Checked out both your quests.

Not going to comment much on your first quests except to say that in a farm quest I'm looking for lots of easy mobs to kill in a close to 15 minutes as you can make it.

Your second quest was much more interesting, if fairly standard for a foundry quest. It could use a bit more polish. Your encounters are too packed together, try spacing them out to allow players the option to pull each group separately rather than forcing them to take them on all at once. Your large encounter rooms could do with being a bit smaller but spread out into multiple rooms and corridors, this would help with pulling mobs and make each fight a bit more interesting than more combat in the same room design for the entire quest.

It might be worth varying the room designs to reflect each different test as well. At the moment it's a bit samey but you could have a poke about the room designs in the foundry and pick out a couple different ones that fit the theme of the encounters you've placed.

Bug wise one or two of your fire giant encounters look like they have the wrongs costumes on them, could do with checking over the room to make sure it's okay.

My quest is in my sig if you want to check it out.
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Thanks so Much for playing my quest :) i will keep your suggestion in mind in the next update i make to that quest :) i will check your Foundry ASAP :)
    edited July 2014
    bjornkoer wrote: »
    So I played this twice and it taught me something very important about Neverwinter.

The first time I played through alone with my cleric and it was a nightmare. The second time I went through it with my great weapon fighter and completed it in less time than it took my cleric to do the first couple of rooms.

Large mobs of creatures might be less than trivial for the GWs, but become unplayable for support classes. I think this makes it difficult to balance a quest to be challenging for different solo characters.

So my take away from this is to have my audience in mind and make sure I say who the quest is designed for in the foundry description.

Good Sugestion now that u talk about it i think i saw some guys Saying that a fight quest is hard with this or that class! ill keep it in mind :) thanks!