test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing the Dragonborn Race

Comments

• baymeddobaymeddo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is the 30-slot bag a "one time claim" or do you get one for every toon on your account? It doesn't say.
  • gladiatorulgladiatorul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    It should be free actually. Why? because it will attract more players who like the race but hate to give money and that is a good thing I hope also I feel entitled to have it but I guess that is not a good argument.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Indeed. It's called "marketing speak".

Marketing Speak: deceitful, false, deceiving, dishonest, two-faced, double-dealing, perfidious, untruthful.

Opposites: frank, reliable, straightforward, sincere, honest, truthful, forthright.

See Also: Politics.

:p
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Indeed. It's called "marketing speak".

You can still make a marketing move without making a deceptive statement with bad faith.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ... it will attract more players who like the race but hate to give money and that is a good thing ...

Yeah, just to play "Devil's advocate": from a business perspective, that would be a terrible decision.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    We're getting clarification on the +2 stats. Right now, it looks to be a typo and should be +2 to any TWO stats. Whether both stats are choose-able or one is set and the other +2 choice is choose-able is what we're waiting word on now. Sorry for the confusion!

Would LOVE to know this. Also, would love to see the other racial bonuses.

If its +2 to ANY TWO, AND they have good racials, I may buy this JUST BECAUSE im sick of halfling!
  • dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pay for it ??? :( not everyone can pay to play a race , and than we sont know anything about the stats i hope it will be available later on for everyone ?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Would LOVE to know this. Also, would love to see the other racial bonuses.

If its +2 to ANY TWO, AND they have good racials, I may buy this JUST BECAUSE im sick of halfling!
    We'll let you all know when we get further clarification, for sure!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If DB can have all +2 stat on the same stat then this is great if not then i think no thnx.
    I am disapointed no base DR common they are dragons.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So...they should give a version of the Dragonborn race to everyone for free. Before Neverwinter launched, Jack Emmert, the CEO of Cryptic say that all classes would be free. Ok, semantics there, he didn't say "races", but Neverwinter has been really great about giving EVERYONE access to the content for free, then charging for extras. I'm a huge fan of the game (and I do spend money and will be buying the Dragonborn pack, I'm a collector ;o), but flat out charging for an entire race...eh. That's not entirely cool.

PS - Here's the PAX interview with Jack talking about not charging for classes.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/634/videoId/3021
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Any word, by chance, on the promise of the race-change token they can't even guarantee will work when mod4 is released? It's not even working on preview yet and judging by the way Cryptic does its thing these days, I'm far from confident it will be functional at the time mod4 is released.
    Sorry, with Mystra not at full power, my dabbling in Chronomancy has diminished greatly.
    edited July 2014
    If DB can have all +2 stat on the same stat then this is great if not then i think no thnx.
    I am disapointed no base DR common they are dragons.

Agreed.

I dont care about +2 AND +2 to 1 stat (+4) but I would like to see +2 to any TWO stats along with say a +3 AC as the racial.

Dont know if the one on the wiki is the "final" bonuses.... Hopefully they will release with more info.

Also would be cool to know when/if this will be F2P....
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Thanks Zeb. Time to put this miserable farce of an advertisement into something more substantial. Any word, by chance, on the promise of the race-change token they can't even guarantee will work when mod4 is released? It's not even working on preview yet and judging by the way Cryptic does its thing these days, I'm far from confident it will be functional at the time mod4 is released.

Can't say its all Cryptic's fault. They are owned by PWE and we have no idea what or how they would any of this stuff without them. PWE is a big corporation and obviously acts like it. Really greedy and giving low value. For all we know if the devs had their way it would be a free race and the pack would be something completely different.

Zebular,

Thanks for the response. I personally would like to see some more value add and clarification on every item.

Appreciate it!
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    We'll let you all know when we get further clarification, for sure!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

This is really important. Cause without additional racials they would still be inferior for many classes, when compared to the Tiefling's bloodhunt or the Halforc's crit severity.
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myrnym wrote: »
    Weird conversation about content aside, Neverwinter online's entirety of content is (mostly) "free." Not entirely free. But that's pretty expected with their Cash Shop model.

Yeah, as a PVE game, Neverwinter is remarkably free compared to other F2P games. It's even better if you have friends/group who aren't gear obsessed. Considering that these prices--while disappointing--are a bit understandable.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dominoko wrote: »
    Please tell me they will release the race for free at some point...

I hope so. They did it with the drow. I really do not want to, nor can I, pay that much all at one time.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hmm, I see a bunch of character bound stuff and a couple items that can be claimed once.

Not really interested PWE, thanks but no thanks. Value is no longer a word in PWE's vocabulary.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Agreed.

I dont care about +2 AND +2 to 1 stat (+4) but I would like to see +2 to any TWO stats along with say a +3 AC as the racial.

Dont know if the one on the wiki is the "final" bonuses.... Hopefully they will release with more info.

Also would be cool to know when/if this will be F2P....

If i can chose +4 Con mybe this race is for GF this can actual make him viable aganst the new favored two pvp class .
    And with race change i can change my old wreck GF.
    If the other Racial Traits is maybe DR or AC boost then i will buy it .
    If not i dont care cuz our good old Hobbyit is better.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So...they should give a version of the Dragonborn race to everyone for free. Before Neverwinter launched, Jack Emmert, the CEO of Cryptic say that all classes would be free. Ok, semantics there, he didn't say "races", but Neverwinter has been really great about giving EVERYONE access to the content for free, then charging for extras. I'm a huge fan of the game (and I do spend money and will be buying the Dragonborn pack, I'm a collector ;o), but flat out charging for an entire race...eh. That's not entirely cool.

What? That is not "semantics"; classes are completely different from races. You can't say it is equally important to access a race with 2 stat points you like more, as to be able to access a class with a unique powerset.

Of course, min-maxing PVPers consider 2 stat points life or death, I guess...
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just a single bag? That really should be account wide for the price of this.

Will this be credit card only or can it be bought with ZEN like the HR pack? (Which I hope since the recent drive for ZEN has be stocked up on it with nothing to buy in the ZEN store right now).

So far not seeing any real value in this pack compared to the previous ones with mount and companions for $60
    edited July 2014
    If you don't play PvP I don't think you should be THAT worried about bonuses, since the difference is very slight on the PvE of this game.

Still think that Halflings will be superior on PvP though, unfortunatelly. They can nerf their racials for mod 4 though.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    $74.99?

Seriously Cryptic? You've got to be kidding me.. I wouldn't even pay that for a full MMO unless it were a collectors edition... But you want $74.99 every time you make a race pack? & most of the stuff is for 1 character only! It's worth $50 at most.

the $100 price is just ludicrous.

Make just the race available for $15? yeah I'll get it.
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    If you don't play PvP I don't think you should be THAT worried about bonuses, since the difference is very slight on the PvE of this game.

Still think that Halflings will be superior on PvP though, unfortunatelly. They can nerf their racials for mod 4 though.

I agree but we need to get an answer from devs about the second Racial Trait and about the +4 bonus .
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    liquin wrote: »
    $74.99?

Seriously Cryptic? You've got to be kidding me.. I wouldn't even pay that for a full MMO unless it were a collectors edition... But you want $74.99 every time you make a race pack? & most of the stuff is for 1 character only! It's worth $50 at most.

the $100 price is just ludicrous.

Actually its $99.99 but just happens to be on sale.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So mod 4 introduces new "glyphs" to go into the BI armor overload slots.

It also introduces "armor reinforcement kits" nearly identical to the ones in WoW.

A 30-slot bag ...

A new race..

Will any and/or all of this stuff be eventually obtainable through AD or some other in-game means? And how soon after mod 4 release?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
    edited July 2014
    If i can chose +4 Con mybe this race is for GF this can actual make him viable aganst the new favored two pvp class .
    And with race change i can change my old wreck GF.
    If the other Racial Traits is maybe DR or AC boost then i will buy it .
    If not i dont care cuz our good old Hobbyit is better.

Agreed to everything here. Even with +2 to COn and +2 to STR or DEX and some AC/DR bonuses I would buy this and roll it for my GF (and maybe GWF too)

But without something REALLY nice, its gonna be hard to beat a halfling. I am so keen on DB because I actually LIKE the size of the class and am SO sick of halflings im looking for an excuse to buy...

So far though +2 to two stats isnt going to seal the deal, im on the edge just need a little push with some AC or base DR....
    edited July 2014
    $99.99 for a pack?

I have about 1 year of entertainment with this amount on Steam.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    So mod 4 introduces new "glyphs" to go into the BI armor overload slots.

It also introduces "armor reinforcement kits" nearly identical to the ones in WoW.

A 30-slot bag ...

A new race..

Will any and/or all of this stuff be eventually obtainable through AD or some other in-game means? And how soon after mod 4 release?

Glyph's drop in the new dungeons (not the pack specific ones , different ones), reinforcement kits can be made using the various professions (not the pack specific ones , different ones), 30 slot bag will probably be in the zen store at some point , no idea about the race being permanently paywalled though.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
This discussion has been closed.