What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing the Dragonborn Race

Comments

• candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We're happy to announce the Dragonborn, the newest race coming to Neverwinter with Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons.

Learn more about the Dragonborn and find out how you can unlock the newest race: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6005753-become-a-dragonborn-legend-today%21

-Dwight
    Link not working here, says page not found
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    LOL page changed again with item descriptions and if the items are account wide. first time page doesnt work.. than it does.. now its a different page.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack

Most of the items are single except for fashion, artifact and ring.

The bahamut items do not say.. i would hope those are account wide.

30 slot bag is of course only 1. at this price should be account wide, 1 per character.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The Dragon glyphs are on a timer like black ice gear and enchantments xD 2 hours then poof
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This explains ALOT:

"Items will be delivered when Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons launches on August 14, 2014. "

So basically none of this is LIVE yet...
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yay, Dragonborn! I can't wait to make a dragonborn and it's going to be so awes.... $75. Oh wait, nevermind. :(

And I was thinking that the race wouldn't exceed 25 bucks or so or a pack (with a companion or mount) would maybe be 50. Silly me.

Maybe a christmas sale will be better. :)

Edit: Though, to be more upbeat, their design looks pretty cool ands seems inline with what little Forgotten Realms art I've seen of them.
    edited July 2014
    Holy moses.. the page just changed again.. new fashion item added. Someone is watching this thread O.o

Suggestion
    To make this pack worth $100 at the very least allow 1 30 slot bag per character.

Get rid of the overload enchants. They are temporary and will be 5-10k ad.

This should include a Dragon mount for this price.

List the race attributes of the new race. Why buy it if it doesnt fit what you want to spec.

Bahamut gear
    Hopefully this is account wide but if it isnt it really should be. Either way you need to tell us.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was happy to see they will add a new race, and Dragonborn were one of the races I was looking forward too ... then it comes in a lame overpriced "pack"'.
    By the Gods, that fashion looks friggin ugly! It's like a modified GWF's armor, only ugly :D
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited July 2014
    totally agree with the above comments. the price for the pack is ridiculous considering what is included. also, a big part of the reason i don't play SWTOR, DDO or LOTRO is because of all the restrictions to free players. i enjoy this game, have spent a bit of money on it and am more than willing to continue putting money down, but if they start putting out actual content that is only available for rl money (and at ludicrous prices), i truly don't think things will go well for them.

hopefully there will be an announcement as to when the race will be free or at least available to purchase on it's own for a reasonable price. if not, i'm afraid this may be the beginning of a truly terrible trend.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So pack contains:
    Unlimited
    • Dragonborn race -cool
    • Dragonborn Fashion set -cool
    • Dragonborn Armor transmutes -cool
    • Accountwide leveling ring -cool

One per character
    • Heart of the Red Dragon blue quality artifact -no info on stats...

One time only
    • Gemfinder enchantment, r9 - okaayyy, I suppose?
    • Draconic Enchantment, r8 - basically the same kind as a BI enchant but different stats...okaaayy.
    • Character slot -standard, cool
    • 30 slot bag -nice
    • Race Change token -I expect this will be quite expensive in the zen store, so not bad.

Unknown
    • Bahamut Armor reinforcement kits - if reclaimable on all character, could be nice, if not, uber lame.

Super lame
    • All the one time only, limited use glyphs. Just...utter junk. What the eff are you thinking putting this kinda junk in a $99 paywalled pack?

Overall, this is probably the 2nd worst value pack they've ever released.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So Dragonborn will be not free to play :)

My most problem why shoud i buy somthing if i dont even know the stats of DB race just for the look?
    Probably follow DnD wich should be +2 str/cha or +2con/cha i'n more curious about the dragon breath if it'll have or no
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Very underwhelming.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    come on cryptic?! ..Really ?!
    this is good news, but i feel ripped off

€94.99 €71.24 We have to Pay for the new Race ?! or i misunderstood something

I was surprised when I read this and now...im without words

You aren't paying for the race, per se, inasmuch as you're paying for the entirety of the pack.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This explains ALOT:

"Items will be delivered when Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons launches on August 14, 2014. "

So basically none of this is LIVE yet...

What are you trying to imply?

Hunter Ranger booster pack wasn't live until you could play HR. How is this different?

They're pre-selling them at a discount. Presumably parts will be available for testing on Preview; if not, decide if you want to get the savings or wait until people have road-tested the items.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    What's worse, they don't even state to what attributes this race contributes or any other benefit from the race. So why would I want a Dragonborn? Except for the cosmetic look, nobody knows.

IDK who's driving, but someone should wake him up before accidents happen. The race change token isn't even working properly on preview. Selling it for the live server now is nothing short of stupid even if they have to wait to get it. You don't put stuff on sale that doesn't work now and you can't even guarantee it's working at the time of mod4's release FFS.

Seriously Cryptic, step up to the game or send somebody intelligent in your place.

I pulled this from the Wiki page: Racial Trait: Dragonborn Fury - You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Crit by 3%.

Not too bad of a racial stat.

What with the new race change token coming and Dragonborn releasing, this just may become interesting for end-gamers. Depending on racial attributes, I just may change my Tiefling CW to a DB and not have to worry about creating a new one and leveling him up.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They will soon release some second sort dragonborn race so chill :)
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    30 slot bag is of course only 1. at this price should be account wide, 1 per character.

It doesn't state one way or the other. Most of the items actually specify such as "This item can only be claimed once" or "These are an account-wide unlock". But more than likely it will just be once. That's a no sale for me, Cryptic. At least throw a companion in there!
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2014
    Oh, we have to pay for the new race.

No thank you.
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
    edited July 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Probably follow DnD wich should be +2 str/cha or +2con/cha i'n more curious about the dragon breath if it'll have or no

And this is why I wont buy, because you can try and copy racial "stats" over the but stats in this game are not direct "translation" of PnP.

So saying they get +2 CHA when +2 CHA in NW is COMPLETELY different than +2 CHA on PnP doesnt work. Look at GWFs, +2 Con = armor pen?!

I am HOPING they actually put THOUGHT into this race - especially that they are going to charge for it - and made it a +2 Con BASE with the choice between +2 CHA or +2 STR. Keeps the SAME "stats" as PnP but just reverses the order a tad for more flexibility.

DB are supposed to be ideal fighters, but +2 CHA does nothing for GFs or GWFs in this game... Thus making a Halfling > a DB for a fighter class. (call me crazy)
    What are you trying to imply?

Hunter Ranger booster pack wasn't live until you could play HR. How is this different?

They're pre-selling them at a discount. Presumably parts will be available for testing on Preview; if not, decide if you want to get the savings or wait until people have road-tested the items.

Well, Im trying to find out

1) What the DB stats/racials are - not on LIVE or PTR for testing yet.
    2) What the stats of the legendary version of the arti is - not on live or PTR for testing.
    3) Didnt see the race change token OR option to use it on LIVE - option is broken on PTR atm.

I was wondering what was going on, UNTIL I saw that *Items will be delivered when Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons launches on August 14, 2014. ...

So it explains WHY we dont have more info and WHY we cant see the stuff on LIVE or PTR yet.

Definitely holding out to buy until I know more about it.
    edited July 2014
    I pulled this from the Wiki page: Racial Trait: Dragonborn Fury - You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Crit by 3%.

Not too bad of a racial stat.

What with the new race change token coming and Dragonborn releasing, this just may become interesting for end-gamers. Depending on racial attributes, I just may change my Tiefling CW to a DB and not have to worry about creating a new one and leveling him up.

Will that also translate into "You heal faster at Campfires! Congrats!"

Instead here is a race token so you can pick the race that we actually invested time into. Welcome to halfling world /rantoff.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Can any of the developers tell us if there is a non paywalled version of Dragonborn coming in future? Drow was released just over 60 days after the exclusive renegade version and we got the paid for sun elves and free moon elves with Fury but this makes it look like the Dragonborn race is permanently locked behind a paywall , please tell us this isn't the case .
  • forumgambittforumgambitt Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Or even worse yet... is the only way someone can make a Dragonborn is if they bought the f'ing 60-dollar pack...?

Look, if that really is all the case, then I just wanna make this painfully clear.

Menzoberranzen and Moon Elf were just pretty little reskins, so it makes complete sense for them to only be accessible from a massively-expensive VIP pack. Those were literally just BONUSES. By and for, all intents and purposes of the word bonus (hell the entire $200 pack is just a bonus, but you get what I mean...).

But Dragonborn...? This is literally A WHOLE NEW, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RACE ALL ON IT'S OWN. This is no longer the territory of "pretty bonuses". This is straight-up new content, with new mechanics, new quests, and the whole nine-yards.

And if you're going to be making people pay for a $60 pack to play as Dragonborn? Let me spell this out for you:

You would make people pay the worth of a NEW TRIPLE-A GAME, just to play as one race in a normally free-to-play game?

I just wanna make sure that i'm getting all of this. I hope that my speculations are wrong about this. I WANT to be wrong about all this. Because I simply cannot justify that price for that value. And i'm sure the majority of spending players can't justify that either. Especially when you already have 2 other promotions going on at the same time... -_-

So if i'm wrong, then please clarify for me. But if i'm right, please just allow Dragonborn, the standalone race, to be playable under normal circumstances once Mod4 is out... v.v
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I feel like $75 is a lot to be spending to unlock a race, even though it comes with all the other stuff, I'd like to see an option just to unlock the race in the zen store.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited July 2014
    LOL love they are watching this page.. PAGE CHANGED AGAIN!!

For the first time in Neverwinter, play as a Dragonborn! Children of Io, the great dragon-god, the dragonborn are a steadfast and honorable people who have thrown off the shackles of their former dragon masters. The Dragonborn is the only race that allows players to add +2 to any stats. Once unlocked on your account you can make any number of Dragonborn.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    $100 pack for mostly cosmetic or temporary things? Plus access to a race and a couple items.

Just .... no ... no ....

If this is the only way to get access to a new race, it will be disappointing; at least with drow there was an eventual free version (sun/moon elf also come to mind).

And, of course, if this is available for Zen, it certainly isn't going to help the current ZAX situation.
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    LOL love they are watching this page.. PAGE CHANGED AGAIN!!

For the first time in Neverwinter, play as a Dragonborn! Children of Io, the great dragon-god, the dragonborn are a steadfast and honorable people who have thrown off the shackles of their former dragon masters. The Dragonborn is the only race that allows players to add +2 to any stats. Once unlocked on your account you can make any number of Dragonborn.

Doesn't Human let you add +2 to any starter stat? xD
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Or even worse yet... is the only way someone can make a Dragonborn is if they bought the f'ing 60-dollar pack...?

$60? You wish. $75 on sale, or $99 normally. *badword* that.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2014
    I feel like $75 is a lot to be spending to unlock a race, even though it comes with all the other stuff, I'd like to see an option just to unlock the race in the zen store.

Probably wont know this for a while, and with race change options who knows...

I think what we ALL want to see is the racial stats (maybe they havnt even worked this out yet!) and also the FINAL legendary version of the artifact. It actually seems pretty strong (if using AS a DB race) so that could be a cool thing.

Really want more details on the race - seeing as thats the REAL reason youd buy this overpriced pack...
This discussion has been closed.