Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Not really sure whats happening hopefully someone can explain.

I pull a grp of mobs go into guard stance and after about 2sec my shield meter starts flashing red (like it broke) but underneath i can still see a nearly full blue guard meter. Also I stay in guard stance it doesnt drop me out like normal when shield breaks.
    Once the meter starts flashing red hundreds of "you take 1 damage from shield break" followed by "your bloack absorbs 1 damage". I also dont seem to reflect damage once the flashing starts.
    If i drop the shield and raise it again the flashing stops and my meter is full.

Is this a known issue or is tis how its supposed to work?
    Thanks for the help.

I have done enough blocking on PTS to say that it's only a visual bug. You're still blocking effectively, the only issue is that this causes trouble to see how fast your guard meter is depleting, but if you look carefully you can still see the bar flashing red that slowly goes down.
    Ignore the red flash and the broken shield icon. Watch the bar and the guard animation, that's what counts.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Id be curious to know if anyone has tested the line of damage that this looks like.

If your Knights Challenge an opponent, and use Knights Valor.

Your opponent attacks a teammate who then splits damage with you. Will that SPLIT damage be boosted 100%? Also since he attacked the teammate, it would deal 50% less damage from Knights Challenge and THEN get a 100% damage boost? Or since he technically attacked the teammate, there would be no damage boost from KC on that damage...

When you reflect damage back at him from KV+KC, I assume this would only reflect the damage that came to you and now does NOT get boosted by KC correct?
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can someone please explain the TAB Mark to me?

"Mark: Targets who are marked have -20% damage resistance against strikes from the Guardian Fighter. Targets who are marked still have -8% damage resistance against the Guardian Fighter's allies."

I'm only getting an 8% damage increase. Does arpen cancel this out, if so what was the reason for this increase, surely any geared player has more than 20% arpen? Also I thought TAB Mark was supposed to be permanent? Mine is dropping off pretty quick, and I'm not tab marking anything else. It seems to drop off after I hit a target and then get hit back.

Also the tool tip damage is way off. My Lunging Strike says min damage 5,202 yet I only did 3418! This is out by 34% which is unacceptable. I have 24% arpen, and this was my first attack so I wasn't debuffed in anyway. I think these need to be accurate otherwise it is very misleading as to what powers/feats to use.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the answer on the shield. It did also seem like once the red flashing started i no longer reflected damage but it was hard to tell with all the shield break spam.

Also as someone said earlier the protector capstone effect triggering off of attacks seems pretty assbackward should be blocks.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    evalira wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the TAB Mark to me?

"Mark: Targets who are marked have -20% damage resistance against strikes from the Guardian Fighter. Targets who are marked still have -8% damage resistance against the Guardian Fighter's allies."

I'm only getting an 8% damage increase. Does arpen cancel this out, if so what was the reason for this increase, surely any geared player has more than 20% arpen? Also I thought TAB Mark was supposed to be permanent? Mine is dropping off pretty quick, and I'm not tab marking anything else. It seems to drop off after I hit a target and then get hit back.

Also the tool tip damage is way off. My Lunging Strike says min damage 5,202 yet I only did 3418! This is out by 34% which is unacceptable. I have 24% arpen, and this was my first attack so I wasn't debuffed in anyway. I think these need to be accurate otherwise it is very misleading as to what powers/feats to use.

Tab basically = a 20% dmg boost to the target.

You may be testing this on LIVE? on the PTR it should provide a 20% dmg boost (untested).

ARP has nothing to do with mark, mark can take a target negative (from my tests - test on a dummy)

cant speak towards it dropping off - although ive noticed this a few times as well.

Lunge Strike tooltip is misleading because it INCLUDES the aoe damage for a target hit behind the target as well - ppl complained about this before but it is what it is...
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    "Killing an opponent at ~50% health with 3 hits is a bit over the top aren't?"

If you face a 8k gs green pants GWF sure.The rest of us who are dominion champions and face 14+GWFs it is not.We barely do a 25% damage to them and we have over 33% RI.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Ok to any people thinking the gf is too OP now i will tell you one thing where you are totally wrong.

In live atm the gf has to use so much skill to beat equally geared HR, TR or GFW opponents, we have to time perfectly and use skills perfectly or we are dead...we have insanely terrible dmg and its so hard to even get a gwf or HR to half hp.

In live our class is just more balanced, just because a gwf player loses to one of us gf doesn't mean we are OP it might just mean that one gf is a good player since the classes are more even now. I do not understand why people think " oh no I just lost to a gf they are OP" lol. For HR, TR or GWF to beat a gf now it will just require a bit more skill, the same skill a gf has had to play with so no we are fine now and I think the game is more balanced.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I made a test in preview against a warlock and again a CW.With our timed new Block the situation is hopeless.The Cw just wait to see us drop our block( quaranteed you will run out of time when facing a CW) and the CC chains begin.I had to lost a Cw in live ...for over 3 months?Now in preview he killed me in 8-10 secs.Yes.This is the new OP GF! lol Not to mention the warlock dodged 2 out of my 3 "OP" GW.

I am really worried about our block.Many Gfs tested it against GWfs.Who stand toe to toe where block management is easier.Against CWs is far more difficult and general against ranged classes.I think our block should be 1-2 secs increased in time.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *???*

this is a feedback thread and anybody is welcome to come and give feedback , ladysylvia was giving constructive well laid out feedback about skills that might need to be toned down , many guardian fighters have visited other classes threads asking for nerfs and reductions so don't freak out when somebody does it in the gf feedback thread.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had to lost a Cw in live ...for over 3 months?Now in preview he killed me in 8-10 secs

Its not you its the Cw they kill anything in no time now and if you dont have block or ustop to prevent cc to land you never even touch them.
    They way they made cc work for Cws you can as well leave keyboard once first cc hits because it doesent matter if you hit your keys or not your dead nm what........
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I made a test in preview against a warlock and again a CW.With our timed new Block the situation is hopeless.The Cw just wait to see us drop our block( quaranteed you will run out of time when facing a CW) and the CC chains begin.I had to lost a Cw in live ...for over 3 months?Now in preview he killed me in 8-10 secs.Yes.This is the new OP GF! lol Not to mention the warlock dodged 2 out of my 3 "OP" GW.

I am really worried about our block.Many Gfs tested it against GWfs.Who stand toe to toe where block management is easier.Against CWs is far more difficult and general against ranged classes.I think our block should be 1-2 secs increased in time.

CW and SW are easy to kill and our block is amazing.

When fighting either of them don't just waste your shield, get close and there first reaction will be to teliport or run then wait and then go for the prone. If you use your prone right away they will just dodge it....

Also if you are losing to CW all the time in live then your build wrong, what setup do you use ?
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ^^^
    :)
    I did not said i was losing to Cws.I said i had to lost for over three months that means i was winning them straight for three months.And killing them while i was still in 50% health.

For the record my setup is LS GW AoD.It is not optimal against ranged classes in one vs one.Which is rare in domination.But they give me the best burst damage available.My dailies are Villan's Menace and terrifying impact.I use villains meance against Cws.I block their attacks while slowly moving towards them.They expect a BC or FS so they start dodging.By their attacks my daily get full i go to VM and CC immunity.I lL and then kill them.Terrifying impact i use rarely against a GWF that i will go toe to toe in a node contest.The animation is horrible and slow but they don't expect it and TI stops their unstopable.Then is it occasional if or the GWf will get killed.It is 50% success.Depends how many criticals will fall over me :)

For the Cw thing in preview:I was afraid that my block would run dry while i was blocking the cw powers so i tried to make a management and lowered it instantly.He killed me in 8 secs.You were present at that time.The cw was using a build with a lot of dot damage.neverending series of 1k criticals.

As i said my fear is that our new block duration is not enough against ranged classes.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ^^^
    :)
    I did not said i was losing to Cws.I said i had to lost for over three months that means i was winning them straight for three months.And killing them while i was still in 50% health.

For the record my setup is LS GW AoD.It is not optimal against ranged classes in one vs one.Which is rare in domination.But they give me the best burst damage available.My dailies are Villan's Menace and terrifying impact.I use villains meance against Cws.I block their attacks while slowly moving towards them.They expect a BC or FS so they start dodging.By their attacks my daily get full i go to VM and CC immunity.I lL and then kill them.Terrifying impact i use rarely against a GWF that i will go toe to toe in a node contest.The animation is horrible and slow but they don't expect it and TI stops their unstopable.Then is it occasional if or the GWf will get killed.It is 50% success.Depends how many criticals will fall over me :)

For the Cw thing in preview:I was afraid that my block would run dry while i was blocking the cw powers so i tried to make a management and lowered it instantly.He killed me in 8 secs.You were present at that time.The cw was using a build with a lot of dot damage.neverending series of 1k criticals.

As i said my fear is that our new block duration is not enough against ranged classes.

Ah ok im sorry for not understanding then :) and your setup seems good but i found a really good one that works well against CW and SW.

I prefer swordmaster now and the daily is much better than any other i think. Villains menace is good but you still take high dmg even if you are cc immune but if you get close enough you can use crescendo then bull charge + GW then anvil and most cw die in 1 rotation. Also its almost impossible to block or dodge :)

I also have the same setup but prefer bull charge over lunge since a prone is always useful for them annoying chars lol
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    well i cant kill a hr that has 17k gs when i have 19k gs. i have to constantly crit and they have to not deflect it for me to kill them. they out heal our dps.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Ok to any people thinking the gf is too OP now i will tell you one thing where you are totally wrong.

In live atm the gf has to use so much skill to beat equally geared HR, TR or GFW opponents, we have to time perfectly and use skills perfectly or we are dead...we have insanely terrible dmg and its so hard to even get a gwf or HR to half hp.

In live our class is just more balanced, just because a gwf player loses to one of us gf doesn't mean we are OP it might just mean that one gf is a good player since the classes are more even now. I do not understand why people think " oh no I just lost to a gf they are OP" lol. For HR, TR or GWF to beat a gf now it will just require a bit more skill, the same skill a gf has had to play with so no we are fine now and I think the game is more balanced.

Sorry but the "so hard" part goes for those cookie-cutter, chain-prone GF builds. I roll with KC and 2 damage encounters, getting enemies to "half hp" is no issue and Im willing to go as far as to say that 1x1, very few can actually beat a geared GF right now on LIVE. Bottom line my GF is not a delayer of enemies, he's a burst killer and in Mod 4 he will be twice the burst killer with zero the risk because as things stand now I can simply use ITF in the place of KC and get half of KC's dmg buff with a ton of other goodies including movement speed to catch those pesky ranged people.. Do I think its gonna be OP ? - Honestly I dont know, I need to run a 100 Doms at least to form an opinion but even if it is OP, I'd say its justified. So, in summary, what Im asking of you fellow GF players is to talk straight.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still think we should acces to a higher Deflect chance and since we are deflecting our attacks with a freaking shield, maybe more Deflect Severity, then we could be real Tanks...
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hunter Rangers are NOT RANGED ONLY!

And besides: in pvp domination you have to stand on nodes most of the times no matter what class you are, otherwise ur just loosing the match for ur team.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    klangeddin wrote: »
    No, there is a difference in CC immunity between live and pts.
    On live you can block effects like Dragon Wing Buffet or Beast Raider Charge, on PTS you cannot like you could not on live until a few weeks ago when a fix was applied to solve this problem.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6001243

"Dragon Wing Flap may now be properly blocked by Guardian Fighters."

Well, this has been broken again on PTS. (probably because of the changes to the block system)

Oh thats different then. yeah thats not supposed to happen. I was talking specifically on the freezing from CW's that was mentioned about it.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Mod 4 so far from GF ( and GWF but I wont write it twice on two different threads ) perspective:

- many things have changed and are still chaning ang I hope will continue to change because frankly so far Mod 4 is shaping out to be the kingdom of ranged classes who not only can wreck you from afar, not only can completely avoid your damage and cc but are also getting buffed to a point when they can stand toe to toe with you in melee and actually beat you.

Do you recall the times CWs in partucular would complain that in a PVP Dom they were getting destroyed by GWFs on nodes ? To which I have many times replied with - " use your range , keep your distance, dont come into my melee ".. Well things are different in Mod 4. HRs remain pretty much as good as they are on LIVE, CWs hulk out ( ridiculous), DCs can already be next to unkillable.

Why are classes who are designed to control/kill from range and who can in turn avoid damage and control getting so resilient ?

I agree. At an equal gear level an HR and CW should not be able to survive on a node in the range of a heavily armoured melee fighter.

On a node it should be: GF -> GWF/DC -> TR (due to stealth and ITC) -> HR -> CW.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Hunter Rangers are NOT RANGED ONLY!

And besides: in pvp domination you have to stand on nodes most of the times no matter what class you are, otherwise ur just loosing the match for ur team.

So very true.

It pained me to removed this because I wanted so badly to say the same thing but...yeah...
    Even if feedback is amazingly bad in my own opinion due to using horrible points of view such as trying to blindly label a "Ranger" as a ranged class like any other two bit MMO is still valid feedback. Debating it in the Official Feedback Threads are a no go.

But yeah...
    I don't care if you are a control wizard or any other "ranged class," get your sorry behind on that node because not fighting on the node is no better than going AFK...

And Rangers are NOT archers. Good grief as an avid fan of the ranger (who would have been happier without a bow on my back) being chumped in as a ranged class because of the name "Ranger" has to be one of my top 5 peeves.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Ah ok im sorry for not understanding then :) and your setup seems good but i found a really good one that works well against CW and SW.

I prefer swordmaster now and the daily is much better than any other i think. Villains menace is good but you still take high dmg even if you are cc immune but if you get close enough you can use crescendo then bull charge + GW then anvil and most cw die in 1 rotation. Also its almost impossible to block or dodge :)

I also have the same setup but prefer bull charge over lunge since a prone is always useful for them annoying chars lol

You been watching my play? ;)
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So very true.

It pained me to removed this because I wanted so badly to say the same thing but...yeah...
    Even if feedback is amazingly bad in my own opinion due to using horrible points of view such as trying to blindly label a "Ranger" as a ranged class like any other two bit MMO is still valid feedback. Debating it in the Official Feedback Threads are a no go.

But yeah...
    I don't care if you are a control wizard or any other "ranged class," get your sorry behind on that node because not fighting on the node is no better than going AFK...

And Rangers are NOT archers. Good grief as an avid fan of the ranger (who would have been happier without a bow on my back) being chumped in as a ranged class because of the name "Ranger" has to be one of my top 5 peeves.

Right you guys, however any class who can kill from range is indeed ranged - while GWFs and GFs, who both have attacks that can do damage from a very long range, are not ranged. If you also have respectable melee capabilities ontop of your ranged attacks, then that is a subject for another discussion ( one that ponders on the question " Are HRs OP ? " )
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Right you guys, however any class who can kill from range is indeed ranged - while GWFs and GFs, who both have attacks that can do damage from a very long range, are not ranged. If you also have respectable melee capabilities ontop of your ranged attacks, then that is a subject for another discussion ( one that ponders on the question " Are HRs OP ? " )

GWF is a ranged class right now, they are their own projectiles throwing themselfes unto the enemies due threating rush. The GF with lunging strike and bulls charges is nearly the same. Ranged and melee are just terms to classify a combat style, not a class itself.

Or can u explain me how a fighter in plate armor can charge 60ft in the fraction of a second? Yeah…

Do u watch Game of Thrones? The fight between the Viper and the Mountain? Ur argumentation that heavy armored fighter should be kings of the nodes even fails a reality check, not to mention the situation in a very magical world.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Do u watch Game of Thrones? The fight between the Viper and the Mountain? Ur argumentation that heavy armored fighter should be kings of the nodes even fails a reality check, not to mention the situation in a very magical world.

No, it does not fail a reality check. The reality is chainmail and plater/scale armour > leather and cloth. The reality is a Longsword/Greatsword will tear through cloth and leather faster than a knife/dagger/shiv would get through heavy plate armour and an iron shield.

Yes, this is fantasy, but there should be some reasonableness to it. Cloth and leather clad fighters should not expect to have the same tankiness of fighters clad in chainmail, plater armour and scales. You have range, use it. If you come into the range of a melee fighter be prepared to get hurt.

And as for your Viper, he got physically overpowered in the end and had his skull crushed. :p
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GWF is a ranged class right now, they are their own projectiles throwing themselfes unto the enemies due threating rush. The GF with lunging strike and bulls charges is nearly the same. Ranged and melee are just terms to classify a combat style, not a class itself.

Or can u explain me how a fighter in plate armor can charge 60ft in the fraction of a second? Yeah…

Kinda irrelevant as TR gets nerfed for GWFs and LS only kills if you target a runner with 1% HP left.. while the real ranged class executes CC and continuous dps from 80'

Do any of you actually consider the facts before proclaiming the GWF class as the one above all ? Right now on LIVE a GWF of 17K GS with 38K HP and 25k IBS crit with G.PF has to use: unlimited TR + broken Roar + full power Unstoppable + broken RamMad + PRONES to be able to catch and possibly beat equally geared and good CWs / HRs / DCs. Have you ever chased an immortal DC around the node with a GWF or a GF ? I guess not

Cmon now lets get real. GWF are not super dominant with gear/skill being even despite broken abilities/boons
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Kinda irrelevant as TR gets nerfed for GWFs and LS only kills if you target a runner with 1% HP left.. while the real ranged class executes CC and continuous dps from 80'

Do any of you actually consider the facts before proclaiming the GWF class as the one above all ? Right now on LIVE a GWF of 17K GS with 38K HP and 25k IBS crit with G.PF has to use: unlimited TR + broken Roar + full power Unstoppable + broken RamMad + PRONES to be able to catch and possibly beat equally geared and good CWs / HRs / DCs. Have you ever chased an immortal DC around the node with a GWF or a GF ? I guess not

Cmon now lets get real. GWF are not super dominant with gear/skill being even despite broken abilities/boons

PS: **************************************************************SPOILER********************************* The Mountain won and lives
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lets put an end to this missunderstanding and the lack of knowledge once and for all.
    This is a D&D WotC licensed title, and here are the definition of the Hunter Ranger from the official 4E source book "Players Handbook I":
    Rangers are watchful warriors who roam past the
    horizon to safeguard a region, a principle, or a way of
    life. Masters of bow and blade, rangers excel at hit-andrun
    assaults and can quickly and silently eliminate
    foes. Rangers lay superb ambushes and excel at avoiding
    danger.
    (...)
    You combine fast, hard-hitting melee
    attack power with excellent ranged attack ability, and shift
    easily from melee to ranged combat.

Lets quote the definition of the Fighter class, shall we?
    Fighters are determined combat adepts trained to protect
    the other members of their adventuring groups.

Fighters define the front line by bashing and slicing
    foes into submission while reflecting enemy attacks
    through the use of heavy armor.

Now, lets take a closer look at the specific definition of the Guardian Fighter, and the assumption of people in this thread, a Guardian Fighter should be able to kill a hunter Ranger 1vs1.
    To fight better, you fight smarter. You’re willing to
    trade offense for superior defenses and better ability
    to control the battlefield around you. (...)
    You have special abilities that make it dangerous for
    enemies to ignore you, so you can contain foes and keep
    them away from your friends

Keep that quote in mind and imagine the situation on a node where a Hunter Ranger engages a GUARDIANfighter in a 1vs1:
    About the Hunterranger:
    You concentrate on either ranged attacks
    or two-weapon melee fighting to deal a lot of
    damage to one enemy at a time.
    Your attacks rely on
    speed and mobility, since you prefer to use hit-andrun
    tactics whenever possible.

Ok guys. Can you figure out that little quote puzzle by yourselfes? Or do I have to do that for you?
    Which class might be more entitled to win an isolated 1vs1 situation?
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Stab At-Will
    It would be nice if this at will would not automatically move the player forward if no target is selected. Players intentionally do not select a target to steer the cone of this attack better to hit multiple targets as opposed to 1 target only

Steel Blitz
    This Class Feature deals rather pitiful damage. When it procs, it deals approximately 2/3 of the damage the first attack of Cleave would. On a Great Weapon Fighter, the damage is slightly higher, though also very low and makes this a poor Class Feature to use for either character.

Guard
    Guard is too stable now compared to earlier versions. With Shield Talent and one of either Enforced Threat or Iron Warrior, I can pretty much remain in Guard mode indefinitely without choosing any Guard related feats

guard is suppose to be stable in that sence if your pve your gonna need all the guard you can get to hold aggro against 20+adds why in the world are people still harping on this, and to even have that you have to slot 2 skills thatare for utility so it's working as intended. on the flip side try without those skills and see what happens.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    '

I've started using Griffon's more frequently on live and I have too noticed that it fires off twice when I only press it once.

Strange, I've been using this power for months in PvP and PvE and I almost never strike twice anymore. It's very sensitive, but it does not strike twice with only one key push. If you push the key twice then it will launch two GW successively, it may explain the confusion.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Stab At-Will
    It would be nice if this at will would not automatically move the player forward if no target is selected. Players intentionally do not select a target to steer the cone of this attack better to hit multiple targets as opposed to 1 target only

Steel Blitz
    This Class Feature deals rather pitiful damage. When it procs, it deals approximately 2/3 of the damage the first attack of Cleave would. On a Great Weapon Fighter, the damage is slightly higher, though also very low and makes this a poor Class Feature to use for either character.

Guard
    Guard is too stable now compared to earlier versions. With Shield Talent and one of either Enforced Threat or Iron Warrior, I can pretty much remain in Guard mode indefinitely without choosing any Guard related feats

the guard is good that its that stable because we still take dmg while guarding and in pvp to have it up that long requires you to have less dmg encounters on and players can still CC you anyway or just run behind you and in pve you can still take heavy dmg so i think its fine.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]