test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tunnel Fever: Looking for Review Trades

libraryannelibraryanne Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hello! I am looking to trade reviews for my first foundry quest, "Tunnel Fever." But first, I'd like to thank everyone here who has already given it a review and made it eligible for the daily. :) I appreciate your ratings and feedback, and am now hoping to get more plays.

To those of you who haven't reviewed it yet, please consider doing so, and I would be happy to return the favor. Thanks!

Tunnel Fever:

-short code: NW-DQ2882NGW
-current category: "New"
-average duration: 29 minutes
-quest type: A few story/exploration segments, followed by a brief dungeon.
My Foundry Quests
1.) Tunnel Fever: NW-DQ2882NGW
Post edited by libraryanne on

Comments

• geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Loved the quest :) you have some nicely designed environments in there.

Spotted a couple of problems you may want to look at. In the attack on the goblin camp some of the objects looked like they were floating in mid-air, it might be worthwhile going back and checking that map in the foundry to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. Also at the final celebration a number of the NPCs are wearing different costumes to their appearrances earlier in the quest, The mayor and the two elven mercenaries in particular stood out. IF that's intentional then that's fine, but it might play better if they had a more uniform look with maybe only a few embellishments rather than a complete outfit change.

My quest is in my sig if you want to check it out :)
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • libraryannelibraryanne Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the feedback. In the goblin camp, I tried to adjust a meat-filled barrel and a cooking fire that looked like they were hovering a bit, but please let me know if there's another object that needs fixing. I've played your quest, The Deathlord Arisen, and thought it was very interesting. See my review below:

The Parts I Liked:
    1.) The story. It ties in nicely with the game's plot, was complicated enough to be interesting, but didn't go overboard with details. Plenty of room for a sequel.

2.) The combat. Nice and balanced. I played through as a cleric and got a little roughed up (as expected), but didn't need to guzzle too many potions.

3.) The villain. Without giving away spoilers, I thought the guy behind it all was intriguing. I also appreciated the multi-phase boss fight, though I wonder if an ogre was the most appropriate base monster for the final phase (maybe a something undead instead?).

Corrections:
    1.) One of the quest objectives reads "Reprot to Sigurd" instead of "Report"

2.) In the boss's dialog, there is a typo: "cursh" instead of "crush"

Suggestions (Much of this is just my personal opinion. As the author, you have the final say in what goes into your quest):

1.) The first objective text, "Commotion in Blacklake," is a little confusing (it makes it sound like you actually have to travel to the Blacklake District area). I would suggest something like "Talk to the Street Urchin" instead.

2.) The first and second indoor/hideout maps are very similar, only with different enemies. It might bother some players to go through the same area twice, so you might want to consider adding more unique features to each map.

3.) Try to keep the sparkly trail functional at all times. I realize that it doesn't work the way it's supposed to in some areas, but sometimes adding markers or invisible walls (to block invalid trails) helps to keep it consistent. I lost sight of it a few times while playing.

That's about it. With a little polish and editing, I think this quest could really shine. Moreover, I am curious about what will happen next in your story. :) Have fun building!
    My Foundry Quests
    1.) Tunnel Fever: NW-DQ2882NGW