test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    He had 3-4 pieces of Grim which is = to Welfare Pvp gear! At least get a set of Profound on... My god! He was dueling ppl with Black Ice gear!

Now press the link 4 and take up your glasses he have full set .
    All pvp setts must be viable not just one.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Is, precisely, the opposite: Why ONLY the "C/P Black Ice" gear is the only one viable for PvP when all classes have 8 (6 of them as T2 [grim] and 2.5 [Profound]) more sets to do PvP?

Again, these videos are not meant for ENDGAME lvl60 characters, which, usually, uses GRIM sets. I cant use my Profound set for that due im missing 1 piece. I need to farm glory to get the Profound PvP accesories, but thats all.

Yes but you are fighting end game classes and using that as a platform to prove GWF are weak! Its ridiculous! If what you say is true then you need to post a Retraction that Your GWf with lesser gear loses to higher geared players, because you are making it sound like a Black Ice Geared GWf against those classes would have faired the same and I don't believe they would albeit maybe the HR as they ARE op.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Moderator Notice:

. . . Folks, please be respectful and do not pick apart other's opinions and feedback when discussing topics. There is no need to do this and doing such is considered disrespectful and trolling.

. . . As well, if one feels a user is violating our Rules of Conduct, please report them the proper way and do not reply to said Rule Violations, as doing so is a Violation in itself -- just as calling another a Troll is considered Trolling in itself, whether or not the implied is indeed Trolling.
    zebular wrote: »
    How to Report Problem Posts or Users

. . . To Report a Post for Violation of our Rules of Conduct or Terms of Service, look for this icon: report-40b-hover.png - which is located on the bottom left-hand side of every post in the forums. Pressing this will take you to a new page which will allow you to type in a reason for your report of the page. This is the best way to report a problem user or post to the Moderator as it automatically alters all Moderators assigned to the forums, as well as PWE/Cryptic Staff.
    . . . Do not reply to this Moderator Notice, as such is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    after all the facts presented, you will give us the projection now?

sentinel is much inferior to the gf. disagree? why?

destroyer has a vastly inferior damage to the ranger (aoe or single), no control, and being melee/nerfed, will have a worse survival. battle fury not sharing bonus. disagree? why?

the intigator is abandoned. disagree? why?

I'm asking this since last module (you say; rogue and hr is the line... hr is strong now). what is the projection for gwf? what is the supposed advantage of bringing this class for a party now?

you said he would rework the class. where is it? no more jokes, no more hate. i need know is there any reason to continue coming here (or still playng this game.) .

ps:I only did 1 PVE dungeon across the module 3 with gwf thanks to all the malaise surrounding the class here. Now the lies won the facts. why still play this game?
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Want to see those videos too?? i can show you all how a 17k CBI GWF got his *** kicked by a HR and a SW. :) ... but, well, you are missing a point: If ALL PvP GWFs must have the Corrupted or Purified BIG to be "good" at PvP vs other classes which doesnt need them instead of using GRIM or PROFOUND gear sets... then, you are saying the same thing as us: GWFs are not viable on either PvP or PvE.

You are missing a point.

You were fighting properly specced PvP players, from which at least one had full rank 10 and perfect enchantments and somewhat double your health points, rank 99-100 artifacts.

Then you come with blue artifacts, bad skill choices, bad gear, rank 7 enchantments etc., and expect what again?

Please clarify.

Because if you play with Rank 7s and wrong skills against an experienced PvPer with FOTM spec and such, you should expect nothing less than a quick and painful death. Sorry to be blunt.

This is the preview server. Ask nicely for Rank 10s, they are basically FREE. Get BiS gear, inspect better GWFs and talk to them. See what they are using.

Return afterwards. You need to understand that you cannot expect to compete in inferior gear. You need to be level at least in this department, especially as you cannot get skills&experience over night.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    FeedBack : Come and Get it and Daring Shout, needs less cooldown, they are debuff encounters and havin 15 seconds it's to much .
  • wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited July 2014
    The point is: i rec a 19k GWF losing vs a HR and 15k SW... how do you (and not just you, but all people who said the same thing... without any reasoning) explain that? The funny thing was, when GWF were fighting the SW, 2 HRs were fighting against the other... was very funny see how no one could got his/her foe below half HP bar. :)

I think his point was clear. Your videos have nothing to do with the changes, as both the hr and the gf would tune you up on live right now.

Wow no one below half hp! We need to increase hr damage, this is ridiculous.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You are missing a point.

You were fighting properly specced PvP players, from which at least one had full rank 10 and perfect enchantments and somewhat double your health points, rank 99-100 artifacts.

Then you come with blue artifacts, bad skill choices, bad gear, rank 7 enchantments etc., and expect what again?

Please clarify.

Because if you play with Rank 7s and wrong skills against an experienced PvPer with FOTM spec and such, you should expect nothing less than a quick and painful death. Sorry to be blunt.

This is the preview server. Ask nicely for Rank 10s, they are basically FREE. Get BiS gear, inspect better GWFs and talk to them. See what they are using.

Return afterwards. You need to understand that you cannot expect to compete in inferior gear. You need to be level at least in this department, especially as you cannot get skills&experience over night.

i cannot give you any prove, but if you dont belive me, come on preview server and test the GWF out.. i will go SENTINEL / DESTROYER for you pleasurement, and i have eveyrthin r9 , if i lose 10/10 with a HR/CW/GF would you write an apology letter on this feed and say "i won't ever come here and do a fake feedback anymore".

it doesn't matter if he had pvp destroyer set with tenacity on it, as he is destroyer 40% destroyer purpose + over 5k power, he would've done some damage to the other classes, but as you can see it, there wasn't any SIGNIFICANT damage, no burst damage....
    let's not turn a blind eye
    CW atm with asailnt can proc 1timeper5seconds , a 8k damage that can't be blocked..., you know that? CAN'T Be blocked.
    HR are extremly hard to kill, and besides that they do alot of damage and heal themselves..
    GF are ok, i belive a fight between a GF from preview with a GWF from live would be on equal par...

indeed against a TR, gwf can withstand, maybe against a SW too, but let's face it, there aren't so many builds made yet and it's a newly class to say anythin about it...
    either way, it's clearly something wrong on the updates
    if people claim gwf done alot of dmg on LIVE server, then why would you increase the defensive stats of other classes and lower the GWF damage in mod 4, that doesn't make sense.. wouldn't be resonable , just to lower the damage and decrease the other classes defenses, or leave the damage as it is and increase a little their defenses?
    if people claim GWF IS OVERPOWERED in LIVE, how can you nerf him and other classes gettin buffs, wouldn't that make him UNDERPOWERD ?
    dunno about your numbers, but it's clearly, as a melee class, and not only gwf but even Gf should pack alot of damage in close combat... why is HR/CW more tankier now and can do better in close combat, than being range ?
    all classes can add until they reach 40.000 hp, same as GWF , they can add defense/deflect almost as much as a gwf sentinel... well CW can't, but hr sure they can.
    why is DeepGash the only DOT gwf can do ? why aren't others?
    why cannot make CW/HR do alot of damage from distance and in close combat to have less damage? isn't that better?
    HR should do less damage than other classes, because he can use up to 6 encounters... either they give up on healing or damage... havin both it's to much...

not to say, have you considered the new boons that you've added, the last boon of tyranny of dragons gives 10% incoming healing bonus, that means if the HR has sigil of devoted + defender banner =800 incoming healing bonus and 250 fron icwind boons = 1050 incoming healing bonus = 10% and +10 % from the new boons = 20% , how would that look on a HR with 37.000 hp in a pvp domination ... they will get from Regen when they are low on hp 20% more of what hp they gain from regen, not to say all the skills that give them lifesteal/healing abilities... , i dont find this balanced.
    it's clear as day, GWF were indeed OP when they were the only class that could've stack 40 hp without problems and havin regen, but after the mod 3 and HR was implemented they weren't the only class that would've get that hp ...
    at least increase the DOT from deepgash, up to 30% or 40%.

why are Steadfest Determination, Steel Blitz, Steel grace, and Feracous Reacition ,Enduring Warrior are so useless, either the timin to activate is to big or to activate you need to kill or they dont work, and it's useless pvp...

why iron vanguard path
    Destroyer has one Class feature in it - Feracious Reaction
    Sentinel - Tremple thefallen
    and Instigator doesn't have any of the class feats?

why why why ?
    why isnt a DEV here to explain more about it so we dont need to blabberin useless things, that may be deleted by mods before a dev looks at our posts... ?

>Because if you play with Rank 7s and wrong skills against an experienced PvPer with FOTM spec and such, you should expect nothing less than a quick and painful death. Sorry to be blunt.

tell that to HR that plays with r7 on LIVE server and are unkillable 1vs2.

i have 6000 power, and Deep Gash says this : Your critical strikes cause your target to bleed, taking 4/8/12/16/20% of your Power as Damage over 6 seconds
    if 50% out of power means 3000 damage, than wouldn't that mean i would do 1300 damage per second? i dont see this working in preview.
    or i dont understand it... should this sum up until reaches 1300 damage? as doing 200 damage / second ?
    YES, it's how it works, well you should change this feat to give more DOT...

either make it give 20% out of power per tick , or change it from how it is to 50% or more...
    having 6k power and only to do 1300 damage as DOT it's a waste ...
    it would've been nice to do : 1300/second thou ...
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    This is not the feedback topic, it's for discussions.

GWF is not that overpowered in live, fix Roar and then reduce burst from Destroyer a bit (not a lot) and all would be fine.

Not my fault they decided to redesign the class so much that I will probably stop playing mine.

My point still stay though that a r7 player with bad spec should not even bother a r10 PvP spec player.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Personally speaking i would have nerfed you 2 prones out of 3, fixed roar and halved distroyer bonus damaged on players.
    Compensating this by reducing a bit frontline surge cooldown
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXzX2L3L5KU

I do agree that the guy in the videos has bad gear/ spec. Also, he was facetanking and not using sprint DR/ CC resistance at all.

Still, in the last video, the CW is not teleporting either. Just a facetanking contest between a GWF and a CW. And a CW wins.
    Now, the GWF must be REALLY undergeared and badly specced to lose in a facetanking contest to any class. Since it's what the class is supposed to do better than any other class, or at least on par with GFs.

Takedown must be a prone.
    With roar not rooting, Flourish must have fast animation to actually be able to even land on HRs/ CWs/ TRs.
    Sprint is not supposed to be the same as a teleport or dodge move cause dodges are for ranged classes or stealth classes with no need for gap closers. Sprint is a gap closer for a fighter class that needs to close gaps. It's not a dodge move and trying to implement it like that just results in yet another useless tool, just like Flourish damage boost while the power itself is so slow it rarely connects.

It's ok and welcome to make GWFs more "proactive". But devs, you're doing it in the wrong way. Taking away the most important and basic PvP tools to replace them with useless tools. At least give us something that can be actually effective in PvP.
    edited July 2014
    This is not the feedback topic, it's for discussions.

GWF is not that overpowered in live, fix Roar and then reduce burst from Destroyer a bit (not a lot) and all would be fine.

Not my fault they decided to redesign the class so much that I will probably stop playing mine.

My point still stay though that a r7 player with bad spec should not even bother a r10 PvP spec player.

Why is every one of your posts about a Rank 7 Enchantment player with a bad spec? Where is this player that is always brought up as the justification of ALL complaints ever? Furthermore let me get this right, you played CW exclusively when they were OP prior to Tenacity and once tenacity took some of your control away GWF were boosted and became a Powerhouse. You then rolled a GWF as the new OP class... Now GWF are being toned down you say " Not my fault they decided to redesign the class so much that I will probably stop playing mine."

So no disrespect here intended, but aren't you being a little FOTMish?

• obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feedback from CW: i like to hear GWFs crying ^^
  • bobledegoutebobledegoute Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is this going to solve the dominance of combo Full life + regen ?
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Why is every one of your posts about a Rank 7 Enchantment player with a bad spec? Where is this player that is always brought up as the justification of ALL complaints ever? Furthermore let me get this right, you played CW exclusively when they were OP prior to Tenacity and once tenacity took some of your control away GWF were boosted and became a Powerhouse. You then rolled a GWF as the new OP class... Now GWF are being toned down you say " Not my fault they decided to redesign the class so much that I will probably stop playing mine."

You like to stick to GWF topics because ... ?
    edited July 2014

This GWF had lower end enchantments and faced a fully BiS experienced GF and expected to win. He used bad encounters, gearing choices were bad and so on. I am talking about the guy that posted videos of 1vs1s earlier.

Also you are wrong about what I played.

I started as a GF. I then rolled GWF, TR and CW and played my GF less and less . There was a time when I played my CW and my GWF a bit more. TR was always the class I ignored most. Then, I switched to GWF almost exclusively, got bored of it a while ago after taking hate almost each game from players, not to mention I despise the Roar spam that many games were reduced to. So I started to play my perma instead. I am still playing my CW and even my GF, just for fun. I started a DC and a HR as well but I couldn't start enjoying them so they are pretty much without boons and gear and do nothing.

In Module 4 I will roll a warlock like everybody else and see how it goes, and probably play my CW again if it remains powerful as they are now in Preview.

About FOTM, yes, I will spec what is most effective. Why not?

Gear is important in MMOs. You cannot expect to win against people wearing BiS unless you are either amazingly skilled and experienced or have BiS yourself. This is all I am saying. People should lower their expectations if they are not properly geared/specced and skilled.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Feedback from CW: i like to hear GWFs crying ^^

Sigh..

Just sigh folks, as someone who plays multiple classes, I have a invested interest in seeing balance in the game, not just YA GWF weak now, I can kill, YA!.. thats not how it should be.

GWF as current stands will not compete. Already you see the effect in dom matches most matches will only have 1 gwf now, you will see NO gwf teams a month after the release easily and will be a lower played character even for pve purposes.

Frankly , they could DO no nerfing and it maybe not really a great alternative anymore. This is why they shouldnt have touched the class, BUFFED gf, release scourge , rework the CW to be competitive and INSTEAD invested time in the DC class reworking feats to give them three lines (utility/control (ya you know they are supposed to be a controller and its the only class that has the weakest control methods tbh, dps and heal)

This shouldve been done first , then look at the GWF place in things.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Sigh..

Just sigh folks, as someone who plays multiple classes, I have a invested interest in seeing balance in the game, not just YA GWF weak now, I can kill, YA!.. thats not how it should be.

GWF as current stands will not compete. Already you see the effect in dom matches most matches will only have 1 gwf now, you will see NO gwf teams a month after the release easily and will be a lower played character even for pve purposes.

Frankly , they could DO no nerfing and it maybe not really a great alternative anymore. This is why they shouldnt have touched the class, BUFFED gf, release scourge , rework the CW to be competitive and INSTEAD invested time in the DC class reworking feats to give them three lines (utility/control (ya you know they are supposed to be a controller and its the only class that has the weakest control methods tbh, dps and heal)

This shouldve been done first , then look at the GWF place in things.
    Yup my gwf is a mule when mod 4 hits. Transfering his enchants to a SW.
    edited July 2014
    Thats understandable then Pron, however thats the game classes are weak and some are powerful can't keep jumping ship every couple patches. But thats your choice... I too will roll a SW! ")

• revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why dont the devs reply at this thread? I have seen Crush reply on the other classes threads, just hoping you guys are working with the GWF this moment. Because if this goes live, there wont be many ppl left playing this useless character.
    edited July 2014
    I assume this is for me. I will ask you a thing, not about Lip's faked shot of my char (from 15.5ks to 14.2.... was a nice try. :) but well, that does not matter), just a plain and straight question: Can any of you tell me the right spec and powers for a GWF on OPvP in Mod 4 right now?

My Spec right now on test:
    Destroyer grim set + Ancient castle set
    Perfect SF + Radiant r10 on armor
    Plaguefire + Dark r8 on weapon + Dark r8 on Knot
    Radiant r10 on belt
    Radiant r10 and r9 on necklace and ring
    Dark r9 on 2nd ring
    Blue shirt and Pants without slots

In hopes of fairness. i know my Grim set is wrong, it was my mistake but i am farming glory to get the sentinel Profound set (on LIVE, ofc). Anything else?

Yea its a great start, <image removed>

Not really the best set to judge duels against top gear classes though. Just my opinion.

edited July 2014
    Hmm well then gateway must not be updated, because I print screened that off the gateway yesterday.

• nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What's a good rotation for the new build? (a feedback would be great)

1) Sprint => Threatening Rush => Punishing Charge => Take Down => IBS
    (repeat TR and PC, Unstoppable + Sure Strike till Takedown IBS go on CD)
    2) Sprint => Threatening Rush => Take down => IBS => Frontline Surge
    3) Sprint => Threatening Rush => Punishing Charge => Threatening Rush => Restoring Strike => Threatening Rush = IBS
    4) None of the above, specify

Can anyone test these results for a feedback (take cool down times into account) - still need at least one prone, just my opinion.

Also has anyone tried Come & Get it?
    edited July 2014
    gwf is fine
    edited July 2014
    I already gave all the feedback, since the time of the bugged bleed(I said NO for the change, by the way. My effort has always been to give "aoe damage bonus" for gwf.). to tell the truth, I did before when I and another member were discussing the possibility of reaping strike receive defensive buffs and other things (what happened... our idea or coincidence? big deal). you're delayed 3 modules.

in the last module, i record videos and screen shots (because critical dont work). you can see that. now, i resume to say 2+2=4 and, of course, recorded a video showing how the steel blitz is useless.

but you can keep trying to flatter the dev believing that one prone solves the problem . maybe work

* GWF needs one prone
    * GWF sentinel needs more damage - otherwise it can do nothing, HR, CW GF pretty much everything can kill it without much effort.
    * GWF destroyer is not really an option for PvP
    * Sprint CC immunity is a bad joke, but the developers don't get it.

I said it a thousand threads before - ignoring the prone thing. or you are repeating the obvious, or mimicking me. I any case, not seen any change on that.

ps :you're angry and I understand. I'm nervous too.

if you are thinking about "balancing pvp or pve", you should think of "gwf". the "gwf" is SUPERIOR to your tree / paragon. The tree / Paragon needs to be an arrangement and only that.

All agree that, whether in pvp or pve, the gwf doing more damage is fun. Similarly, all agree that, in live, the destroyer is resistant enough for pve and pvp.

Conclusion: the base damage of the class must be increased and consequently reduced the destroyer / sentinel feets . While that happens, powers / class features need to become more interesting, with different relations with each tree, including instigator.

This is precisely what is happening with the other classes while we stayed here bargaining damage for prone / unstoppable. No. The real work is being neglected.

ai, ai, ai... the big question would be: what would this new relationship between powers and feats? I dont know. the pattern of recent changes in general classes seem complex.