That's right!
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    paper cuts for the win lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pact blade, forgot the second hand

Odd. I saw a video of a streamer playing the game and his warlock was using a magic bolt-shooting staff.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Odd. I saw a video of a streamer playing the game and his warlock was using a magic bolt-shooting staff.

Weird. I know on the preview WL gets a pact blade and a grimoire. I have not made it past level 12 so maybe what you saw was a spell? Perhaps a transmutte?
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Weird. I know on the preview WL gets a pact blade and a grimoire. I have not made it past level 12 so maybe what you saw was a spell? Perhaps a transmutte?

Nope. I did saw another video and it clearly shows the Warlock with a magic staff.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Nope. I did saw another video and it clearly shows the Warlock with a magic staff.

I saw a warlock with a staff, too... A staff with what looked like a blade on the end of it. I'm sure that it was just a very large and stylized pact blade.

=============

I wish they wouldn't have went with strictly an infernal pact.

Either left it open or went with a fey pact.

And then don't tell the player who their pact holder is. Let them have contact in their class missions strictly with an intermediary that refers only to their master or mistress.

That way the warlock would have been more open for players to develop their own stories.

I am not a hard core RP guy, but I still prefer to play heroes. Making deals with devils is a horrible start to that.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Warlocks can make an Infernal Pact with Devils, a Dark Pact with Demons, a Fey Pact with the Fey'ri (Malabog and his kith), or a Star Pact with beings from the Outer Realms (not good guys by any stretch). That being said, not all Warlocks are evil, some use their powers for beneficial causes, like Makos from the Tutorial and the Dread Ring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually if you remember the first time the class was introduced to D&D they could make a pact with any powerful being good, evil or other wise.
  • durgabhairavidurgabhairavi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was waiting a new class of mages, like "mages of fire" or something like that, then you did "The Warlock" and I liked the idea. I entered the test server and I did a warlock... What a disappointment! Is that.. that "thing"... is a character? Really?

Generally, I really like the animations in this game, but I think the animation you've done the warlock is [IMHO] ridiculous! Please, change it.
  • tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for curing my Warlock's scoliosis. It's nice to be able to look down on the lesser beings properly. ;)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But what do you dislike about their completely new animation that was created in response to the negative reception of the original?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *snipped out of date feedback about Warlock animations*

The Warlocks movement animations had a complete rework last Thursday ,instead of listening to other players you should try it out yourself .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok the warlock went from hulk smash to is it time for tea my good man, just making fun does not matter the pose to me as much as the class is fun to play you guys keep up the good work. One more thing Module 4 with the theme that it is a dragonborn race would be nice.
  • sidekick1980sidekick1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    I just started a Warlock and I loved it! Lots of fun I have to say. There is one thing that has me slightly discouraged about the auto targeting or lack there of. Don't get me wrong. It is not that bad but having some way to more quickly move from target to target that you are engaged with would be nice across the board. I've thought about it before but only really noticed it when I started the Warlock.
  • jeremius324jeremius324 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like I might get back into the game just for the scourge warlock. Wonder if I should go male Tiefling.
  • gael4ce3gael4ce3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I was loving my warlock...right up until I hit the time to choose a paragon path and only had one choice. The others are "coming soon"....seriously? We couldn't get those all out together?

Will we be getting a free respec token when the other paths are released? Or are our choices to either stop here or pay for a respec later?
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    None of the classes, to include the original ones, debuted with all of their paragon paths available. It is no surprise that the Warlock follows this pattern. As for the Respec token, sometimes with class changes they have been given, sometimes not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gael4ce3gael4ce3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't mind "not all" - but Warlock has *one*. :p
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The Hunter Ranger also debuted with only one paragon path, Stormwarden.

And HRs did not get a free respec when they added a new path a few months later, so save up your zen!
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gael4ce3 wrote: »
    Well, I was loving my warlock...right up until I hit the time to choose a paragon path and only had one choice. The others are "coming soon"....seriously? We couldn't get those all out together?

Will we be getting a free respec token when the other paths are released? Or are our choices to either stop here or pay for a respec later?

your lucky to get anything that actually works they were rushed by wizards to get this module done usually they would spend several months to do a module
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gael4ce3 wrote: »
    I don't mind "not all" - but Warlock has *one*. :p

No class had more than one paragon path when launched.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia