test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

level 22, no new quests

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I'm leveling up a new character, and have got it up to level 22. I have just finished blackdagger ruins and gone back to knox to finish up, but now, there are no other quests to pick up.

even bringing up the screen showing events dungeons & quests doesn't work. the quests option is greyed out.

switching maps, and rebooting doesn't fix the issue.

is this a bug, or something else?
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
Post edited by cerberusxll on

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The next zone after Blackdagger Ruins is IIRC Neverdeath Graveyard. You should try and level up a few times - grinding mobs slightly over your level, running foundries, PVP or whatever you prefer. I think the first quests in Neverdeath are for level 26, though you should be able to get them a few levels earlier.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    This isn't a bug. Moving to Gameplay.

Sometimes players get through content below level and this makes it so you're a level or two shy of unlocking the next set of quests. Just gain a level or two doing other things and check back with Sergeant Knox in PE on occasion. Each time you unlock a new set of quest chains in a new Zone, he will have a quest for you to go speak to someone in that Zone to get the quests going.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I hear those complaints a lot while i lvl new chars btw (new to me at least)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, they really whacked (er, I mean "streamlined") Blacklake and some of Tower District to make them 'easier' for new players (Mod 2 IIRC), but they never replaced XP source mobs and encounters so most, if not all new characters running through these can easily be far short of the XP we used to get through these zones - all the way through Nest Egg.

@OP and anyone selse: best practice: farm zone mobs in Blacklake and Tower District, and even Black Dagger Ruins if needed. Once you get quest givers in Neverdeath you should be back on-track.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've found that mobs a few levels higher give the best XP results. Just not too much higher as it seems to drop off, presumably as another anti-powerleveling method, much as having a much higher level party member does stops a character from getting mob XP.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother