test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scourge warlock bugs and misc

abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Here are some of my observations while playing the new Warlock. Some of these may have been posted elsewhere
already or were already existing so sorry in advance for that.

Bugs:

1. POWER: Dreadtheft shooting to the sky and all around
2.wraith shadow seems to have no animation or grapical action when used although it seem to slightly work
3. feat: Brutal curse seemed to have no change in damage or not procing

misc Bugs:

1.Rime hound spawned twice in cave killed outside of reward chest room and it had re spawned in the room to fight for a second time (fun lol)
2.Motherlode ruby axe trail quest in icespire book is unaccessable to start quest.
3.Mushroom collector side quest in Ebon hast no Timer and does not end.
4.Hidden items in chests and skill nodes see only a few items when opening and recieve several when u take all
also tried to take items one at a time and new items appear as i took them.
5.Quest The Broker note able to complete for some reason.
6.When talking to several npc quest givers on exiting the convo an a or b will apear and you have an annoying pause before you can exit.( looks like an xbox port choice.)
7.Finally overall damage seems spikey on all skills from high to low making some encounters difficult for the Warlock.
Update:
8.Sharandar cant add points to campaign window (plant the seeds) thus cant progress
Post edited by abbotred on

Comments

• Options
    abbotredabbotred Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    9.When getting on mount become invisible for few seconds some times as long as 30 seconds before visible could be graphics glitch,
    large glowing walls of blue in areas and missing building really bad in Whispering caverns and Rothe' valley.
  • Options
    jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited July 2014
    abbotred wrote: »
    Here are some of my observations while playing the new Warlock. Some of these may have been posted elsewhere
    already or were already existing so sorry in advance for that.

Bugs:

1. POWER: Dreadtheft shooting to the sky and all around
    2.wraith shadow seems to have no animation or grapical action when used although it seem to slightly work
    3. feat: Brutal curse seemed to have no change in damage or not procing

misc Bugs:

1.Rime hound spawned twice in cave killed outside of reward chest room and it had re spawned in the room to fight for a second time (fun lol)
    2.Motherlode ruby axe trail quest in icespire book is unaccessable to start quest.
    3.Mushroom collector side quest in Ebon hast no Timer and does not end.
    4.Hidden items in chests and skill nodes see only a few items when opening and recieve several when u take all
    also tried to take items one at a time and new items appear as i took them.
    5.Quest The Broker note able to complete for some reason.
    6.When talking to several npc quest givers on exiting the convo an a or b will apear and you have an annoying pause before you can exit.( looks like an xbox port choice.)
    7.Finally overall damage seems spikey on all skills from high to low making some encounters difficult for the Warlock.
    Update:
    8.Sharandar cant add points to campaign window (plant the seeds) thus cant progress

Sharandar and Dread Ring are both like this
  • Options
    jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited July 2014
    Whats the purpose of having a atest shard when nothing is getting fixed. Everything was fine until the brought in the warlock. Now every area has a section in which you can not complete. All these bugs have been stated since the release of the warlock if ou devs want us to test things and report them then take the time to fix them.:mad:]
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I noticed the bug with "The Broker" mission as well, when I click to accept the mission, it only gives me a single option: "1. Goodbye"..not really any way of either accepting or completing that I can see.

And something new in Neverdeath Graveyard...the mission "Wheels within wheels"...submission "Activate the Upper Seals"...the 3rd and final seal for mission complete is now HIDDEN UNDER THE LANDSCAPE! Can someone please tell me which art-developing weenie thought that covering up an Interactive mission location was a good idea?? I have moved around and around, trying to find a place where I could Interact...but so far no luck. Which means of course, that all forward progress has been effectively blocked, since I can not get the next mission in the chain until this one is completed. The in-game "request help with a bug" is totally non-functional...it gives me a little red message, "we won't send this message because profanity has been detected". HUH?? There is/was no profanity there..but it saves the Devs from having to actually address the problems, I guess.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hivercide wrote: »
    And something new in Neverdeath Graveyard...the mission "Wheels within wheels"...submission "Activate the Upper Seals"...the 3rd and final seal for mission complete is now HIDDEN UNDER THE LANDSCAPE!

Point your aiming circle at the sparkly bit and type in /interactincludevolume and the quest will update.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I went back and tried that...nothing changed at all...tried again and it worked this time..! Thanks for the information. But my comment still stands...anyone who has never heard of this workaround (As I did not) is in for a very tough time.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hivercide wrote: »
    I went back and tried that...nothing changed at all...what am I supposed to be seeing as I type this?

nothing , stand right in front of the sparkly bit aim your circle at the sparkles and type in /interactincludevolume then press enter and the quest will update.It works because it's what I used to finish neverdeath graveyard on my warlock,its a console command for interacting with the environment.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I still had to maneuver around a bit to find a good spot to stand in, but it finally worked...I seriously hope it doesn't go Live as-is...or there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth as people come up against it. o.O
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited July 2014
    Daughters promises bugs out and causes all damage for some reason to plummet to very small numbers such as 40 and 100 when it should be hitting 1-2k or more after i kill something with a curse. I am not 100 percent sure but every time i see it proc the damage plummet happens and lasts around 10 seconds then damage normalizes.

definitely needs to be looked at.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What is up with the Warlock quest missions? I can't get into the ones around Helm's Hold and the one to meet Belial seems to be guarded by a quartet of well-over-level elementals.
  • Options
    ennteaenntea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    beating pyraphenia then talking to the npc outside the portal to 'phlegethos' or however it was spelled, completes that one even if it looks like a dead end... but yea, Ghost Stories is glitched in a loop for me, and I also cannot get into helm's hold, the abandoned cathedral, or the warlock camp.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not everyone is familiar with the console commands for interacting with the environment concerning the Seal in Neverdeath Graveyard. Progression is effectively put to a complete halt because of this.
    I just logged off of preview stuck there until its fixed. Coordinates on the map: 875,271.

LOL, and everytime I tried to report it in game I'm met with the "profanity detected" message.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tornnomar wrote: »
    Not everyone is familiar with the console commands for interacting with the environment concerning the Seal in Neverdeath Graveyard. Progression is effectively put to a complete halt because of this.
    I just logged off of preview stuck there until its fixed. Coordinates on the map: 875,271.

Stand close to the sparkly bit and aim your aiming circle at the sparkles and type in /interactincludevolume , it might take a few tries but it will update the quest.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Not strictly a "Warlock Bug", but since I was playing on my warlock when I encountered it, here goes: In the Whispering Canyons, the drow city of Zesraena appears to be totally gone....I'm seeing just a flat plain with doors hanging unsupported, and the mobs walking around. I'm guessing the geometry is a little bugged there. Made it easy to find things though...lol.

Okay, then when I did the "Prisoners of the Drow" mission, I'm supposed to kill a Jailor and get his key, then release prisoners, right? First part went just fine, but lo and behold, the jail pits are all wonky...the ramps to get in and out are not appearing to me at all. Easy enough to jump in and release prisoners, but I had to hit /killme twice to get out of the two pits after releasing the 6 prisoners. That is not such a good thing. Can we get our ramps back, please?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh boy...and the missing geometry has another effect...the bridge leading to the "Xorlarrin Outpost" mission is just...gone...totally blocked from proceeding further.....with the sparkly trail leading happily off into the empty air.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I put in a bug report on this in game, but not sure how much the preview reports are being checked, as opposed to the forum. I'm trying different feat trees with my warlock and on the middle tree, the final feat can't be accessed. It's lit up and when you hover it's "available", but there are no - and + boxes like there are on the other feats, so you can't select it.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    edited July 2014
    not quite sure how to word this clearly, but during valindra fights, on the 80/20 phase, with the hands and red shtuff, and those soul puppets with the auras... I have a 95%+ chance to crash during that phase, and no other combat or cinematic I could find in the game causes any crashes. This changed maybe two, three days ago at most, and since then, happens predictably. Did the usual verify, force verify, forced it to rebuild shaders, updated all the things... tested the same fight in on my TR and had no crashes. Other SW's in party (sometimes up to 5 of us, wheee) experience frequent crashes as well, during the same phase, and usually around the same time, but so far I've only seen 3 of 5 dc. I've tried different combinations of companions, rebuilt character without lesser curses, recombined feats, eliminated what I could think of that would be different from the start conditions 3 days ago (approx), the only thing I've changed seriously was completing the accursed diabolist set, but it was fine before the last patch. (6-8 runs in just fine, even a trio run). error in crash.log:

Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()
    or the flavor of this with my user@handle instead of NOENT.
    also tried setting graphics to potato, utter potato, and every single thing off. (dx9, dx9ex, dx11, auto).
    audio settings likewise tried in combinations, even disabled all audio devices to eliminate a driver related crash...
    going kinda nuts not being able to do the end of VT without at least 1 crash.

If anyone has any fun tips, weird commands, wants copies of the few successful demos recorded, or other crashlogs, lmk.
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    I put in a bug report on this in game, but not sure how much the preview reports are being checked, as opposed to the forum. I'm trying different feat trees with my warlock and on the middle tree, the final feat can't be accessed. It's lit up and when you hover it's "available", but there are no - and + boxes like there are on the other feats, so you can't select it.

Just a follow-up on this...I got on with my HR today and it was the same for her. None of the final feats have the check boxes, so even though they say they're available, they aren't. So I guess this just isn't an issue for warlocks.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    edited July 2014
    the buttons are there, just occluded by the capstone icon, click on the bottom left/right edges of it where the buttons should be, and they work fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    All right, not certain if this is a bug for the new Warlock I made today, or a bug "in general". At level 5-8 in Blacklake District, my Power Selection points are NOT being locked in place when I choose them. I have leveled up from 5 to 8, and my powers are still stuck at the way I had them at level 5. I have 2 At Will powers, 1 Daily, one Class Feature, and 1 Encounter power...all at Rank 1 only, and unable to be raised. I have tried Rerolling the character 3 times now, to see if that changed anything, but it has not...my character's Power Points are still not sticking.

Edit: Okay, I "purchased" the Respec Token shown on the Powers Selection Tab, and used it, and this time the Power Points were assigned correctly, and stuck where I put them.